Short logistics request delay

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Maoman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Short logistics request delay

Post by Maoman »

This one should be pretty simple to implement: I'd like a mod where there is a short one or two second delay between when you change the number for a logistics or trash slot and when that number is actually sent to the logistic network.

For example: if you request some iron, drag the slider to 200, then accidentally go too far and it hits 300 for just a moment before you slide back down to 200, currently the request for 300 is instantly applied and the bots will bring you 300. This mod will wait a second or two and only send the bots a request once you've stopped on a number.

Alternate example: if you make a trash slot for iron and manually type 100 in, first you have to type "1" which is applied instantly and all but 1 iron goes into trash slots. This mod will wait a second or two for you to finish typing "100" and only apply the rule to your inventory when the number stops changing.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Short logistics request delay

Post by darkfrei »

Same topics:
viewtopic.php?t=30913
viewtopic.php?t=23622

But now you can set to "request 1 item instead of stack" in the game options.

Maoman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maoman »

darkfrei wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:19 am
Same topics:
viewtopic.php?t=30913
viewtopic.php?t=23622

But now you can set to "request 1 item instead of stack" in the game options.
These are not the same topic. I already have that option enabled. That option does keep me from summoning a full stack if I wanted less than that, but does nothing about either of the two examples I provided.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Maoman wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:40 pm
These are not the same topic.
The main problem is: "I get from my logistic robots too much items, but I don't need them". And here is a lot of ideas how to fix this problem.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Maoman wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:01 am
For example: if you request some iron, drag the slider to 200, then accidentally go too far and it hits 300 for just a moment before you slide back down to 200, currently the request for 300 is instantly applied and the bots will bring you 300. This mod will wait a second or two and only send the bots a request once you've stopped on a number.
The modding API offers no way of intercepting that input. It's all done internally. I certainly wouldn't mind if that was the default behaviour. But short of reimplementing the whole GUI i see no way to mod that.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Maoman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maoman »

eradicator wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:33 pm
The modding API offers no way of intercepting that input. It's all done internally. I certainly wouldn't mind if that was the default behaviour. But short of reimplementing the whole GUI i see no way to mod that.
Ah damn, ok. I guess this needs to be put in ideas and suggestions instead, then. Thanks for your response :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Maoman wrote:
This one should be pretty simple to implement:
About 90% of mod ideas that start with that, are actually either impossible, or really damn hard to do. If it really was that simple or easy, most ideas like this already would have a mod for it.

Try to avoid starting ideas with lines like that. ;P
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

+1 on the delay. Both for requests (personal and otherwise) and trash.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

bobingabout wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:54 am
Maoman wrote:
About 90% of mod ideas that start with that, are actually either impossible, or really damn hard to do. If it really was that simple or easy, most ideas like this already would have a mod for it.

I just googled and am astonished that "This should be easy....(many hours later)...damn, why doesn't it work!" isn't some kind of meme, given how often it seems to happen to almost everyone.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

eradicator wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:40 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Maoman wrote:

I just googled and am astonished that "This should be easy....(many hours later)...damn, why doesn't it work!" isn't some kind of meme, given how often it seems to happen to almost everyone.
It' right along there with "This will never happen!" and "What could possibly go wrong?"

Maoman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maoman »

bobingabout wrote:
Maoman wrote:

mrvn wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:58 am
It' right along there with "This will never happen!" and "What could possibly go wrong?"
In retrospect that makes perfect sense and I really ought to have known better xD Definitely won't be saying it again.

Maoman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maoman »

Sorry for the pointless bump! I clicked "bump topic" cause I wanted to see what it would do... I figured it'd have a confirmation, or maybe have an auto-generated message or... idk, just wasn't expecting it to instantly go through.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”