[Request] Need help with my gun turret mod

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Request] Need help with my gun turret mod

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

I want a mod that allows me to research technology to increase gun turret hit points and attack range. Nothing more, just a simple mod to make gun turrets competitive in the late game.

Can someone show me how to build a mod that does this?

I created a mod to add an advanced gun turret but I seem to be missing code and I don't know how to make it work. I copied the gun turret info from the game files and put them into basic mod files and made edits for the advanced gun turret, and the game runs with the mod but nothing changes.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/thereave ... retUpgrade

Edit: the mod has basic functionality, but the advanced gun turret does not gain damage from gun turret damage research. See post #5.
Last edited by thereaverofdarkness on Mon May 29, 2017 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request] Gun turret upgrade

Post by orzelek »

There is no way to do that currently. Modifiers for gun turret hp/range don't exist and they can't be modded in.

Best thing you can get is various Mk versions of gun turret like in bobs warefare.

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Request] Gun turret upgrade

That's what I'm doing. I put that in the mod I started, but I need help to make it work. If you look at the mod, it's pretty clear on the details of how it's supposed to work.

PSS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Request] Need help with my gun turret mod

Post by PSS »

I think you need add technology and entity to data (data:extend) as you did with items and recipies.

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

PSS wrote:I think you need add technology and entity to data (data:extend) as you did with items and recipies.
I probably needed that, but it hasn't made the mod work.

Edit: I got the mod to work! I added a data file with the following lines:

Code: Select all

require("prototypes.items")
require("prototypes.recipies")
require("prototypes.entities")
require("prototypes.technologies")
I'm now trying to get the advanced gun turret to gain damage from the gun turret damage upgrade research. I put in this code into prototypes/technology-updates:

table.insert(data.raw.technology["gun-turret-damage-1"].effects,{type = "turret-attack", turret_id = "advanced-gun-turret", modifier = 0.1})
table.insert(data.raw.technology["gun-turret-damage-2"].effects,{type = "turret-attack", turret_id = "advanced-gun-turret", modifier = 0.1})
table.insert(data.raw.technology["gun-turret-damage-3"].effects,{type = "turret-attack", turret_id = "advanced-gun-turret", modifier = 0.2})
table.insert(data.raw.technology["gun-turret-damage-4"].effects,{type = "turret-attack", turret_id = "advanced-gun-turret", modifier = 0.2})
table.insert(data.raw.technology["gun-turret-damage-5"].effects,{type = "turret-attack", turret_id = "advanced-gun-turret", modifier = 0.2})
table.insert(data.raw.technology["gun-turret-damage-6"].effects,{type = "turret-attack", turret_id = "advanced-gun-turret", modifier = 0.4})
table.insert(data.raw.technology["gun-turret-damage-7"].effects,{type = "turret-attack", turret_id = "advanced-gun-turret", modifier = 0.7})
but it isn't doing anything.

PSS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PSS »

Add this line to data.lua if you didn't:

require("prototypes.technology-updates")

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

It worked! I don't know why I missed that.

Thanks!
The turrets still don't automatically have the damage upgrade if you researched it before the mod was installed.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”