[kovarex] [1.0.0] Right click on blueprint item doesn't close currently open blueprint

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[kovarex] [1.0.0] Right click on blueprint item doesn't close currently open blueprint

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Steps to reproduce:
  • assign at least two blueprints, upgrade or deconstruction planners to your quickbar.
  • right-click on them after each other
  • press e or esc
The last opened blueprint will close, but the previous blueprint will open again. i would expect, that right-clicking on a different blueprint would close the previous one. The first issue with this is that you have to press e or esc several times. But it can also can result in a funny state with an empty blueprint.
empty blueprint.png
empty blueprint.png (183.3 KiB) Viewed 2788 times
As you can see it has no components. This happens when you take an empty blueprint, select some content for it and before saving it right-click on another blueprint in your quickbar and press e or esc once.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Right click on blueprint item doesn't close currently open blueprint

Post by ickputzdirwech »

I played around with this a little more and now have the hand stuck in my inventory. Save attached. Here is how to reproduce it:
  • assign two blueprints to your quickbar. One with content and one empty.
  • take the empty blueprint and select some content for it.
  • before saving it, right-click on the other blueprint in your quickbar
  • click on "select new contents for this blueprint" and select new content
  • before saving it press e twice
You will end up with no item in your hand, but a hand in your inventory. You can't place anything in that slot.
Attachments
BUG.zip
(2.27 MiB) Downloaded 97 times
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0] Right click on blueprint item doesn't close currently open blueprint

Post by Rseding91 »

The behavior when opening subsequent blueprints is intended; it also works that way when opening books in books and such. The empty blueprint when re-selecting isn't.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.0.0] Right click on blueprint item doesn't close currently open blueprint

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is now fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”