[1.0.0] When moving spidertron as driver to the center of the base, FPS/UPS decreases to 20

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
akapulko
Inserter
Inserter

[1.0.0] When moving spidertron as driver to the center of the base, FPS/UPS decreases to 20

Post by akapulko »

My PC: Win7 x64

Based on what @dnmr described:
dnmr wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:08 am
we've had similar spidertron related performance issues before https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... _clearing/
When moving spidertron as driver to the center of the base, FPS/UPS decreases to 20.
If I ran to the center of the base with my feet, then the UPS value remained the same - 60!

How to repeat:

1) Load save game.
2) Sit in the spidertron and move to the approximate center of the base, near the storage boxes.
3) Get 20 UPS on the monitor screen

Saving the game at this point with 20 UPS on the monitor - attached.

My Factorio-current.log

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0] When moving spidertron as driver to the center of the base, FPS/UPS decreases to 20

Post by Rseding91 »

I'd guess biters are trying to attack your spider as you move? If you look at the debug time statistics does it show path-finding as taking all the time?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

akapulko
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] When moving spidertron as driver to the center of the base, FPS/UPS decreases to 20

Post by akapulko »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:32 am
I'd guess biters are trying to attack your spider as you move? If you look at the debug time statistics does it show path-finding as taking all the time?
During the movement in the spider, there were no "splashes" of lines to it.
When the spider moves away from the center of the base, the UPS number smoothly returns to 60.

And even here the number of UPSs is decreasing, which is not the case in the first bug report.

Therefore, I believe that these are different bug reports in appearance.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

akapulko wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:00 pm
1) Load save game.
Running the saved game, I've seen a spike in entity updates:
Screenshot at 2020-08-30 23-19-03.png
Screenshot at 2020-08-30 23-19-03.png (3.63 MiB) Viewed 4137 times
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Virtually all of the time gets spent on biters and them trying to chase after the spider. But looking at the code where it's actually taking all the time; I suspect something else is going weird. Oxyd will have to look into it and see what's going on.

In the meantime you can get around the slowdown by mining the spider and putting it back. All the biters trying to chase it will give up and go back to what ever they were doing before.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks, this will be fixed in 1.1.0.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”