[kovarex] [0.18.45] Shift + Scroll Wheel does not scroll one specific blueprint book correctly

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
knightelite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[kovarex] [0.18.45] Shift + Scroll Wheel does not scroll one specific blueprint book correctly

Post by knightelite »

What did you do?
Open blueprint book (called "Grid Megabase") from "my blueprints". Attempt to use Shift+Scroll to scroll within it.
What happened?
It did not show all the blueprints, instead getting stuck and only displaying the last blueprint from the first nested book until I scrolled back through to the start of that book gain. To make this even weirder, if I make a copy of the problem blueprint book then it works correctly when used from the copy (whether I put the copy in game blueprints or in another slot in "my blueprints". If I open the same blueprint from "my blueprints" in another save (tried in both editor mode and normal play) it scrolls correctly. Closing and restarting Factorio does not change the behavior of this original blueprint book in this particular save.
What did you expect to happen instead?
I expected scrolling through the book to work correctly in all cases.
Additional info
This obviously isn't a big deal given how easy it seems to be to fix (make new copy of blueprint book), but I wanted to file a bug now while I was still remembering it so you can fix the problem if it's something that ends up happening more often than expected.

I've created a video showing what happens.

I'm not sure how to provide good debug info in this case since the behavior is so weird. Do I need to zip up and send both this specific save and somehow my whole Factorio install folder? Anyway, if you want any debug from me I'm happy to provide it.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.18.45] Shift + Scroll Wheel does not scroll one specific blueprint book correctly

Post by kovarex »

If the book is in your blueprints library, all i would need is the file blueprint-storage.dat

knightelite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [0.18.45] Shift + Scroll Wheel does not scroll one specific blueprint book correctly

Post by knightelite »

I've attached it. I've renamed the broken book to something like "grid megabase broken scroll", but that didn't seem to affect the behavior. It still behaves as shown in the video. Making a copy of it still results in the copy behaving correctly.
Attachments
blueprint-storage.zip
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 87 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I tested it in our 1.1 (in progress) version, and it worked just fine there, so I guess it was fixed by one of the many changes we did already.

Just a small note, we will be dropping support 0.17 versions and bellow in 1.1, and few of the blueprints in your library have internal data in that verison.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

kovarex wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:54 pm
Just a small note, we will be dropping support 0.17 versions and bellow in 1.1, and few of the blueprints in your library have internal data in that verison.
Maybe it could be worth commenting on this in a future FFF before 1.1 hits experimental?

knightelite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by knightelite »

So what would happen to these blueprints? Would they uprev automatically, or would they just stop working?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

When you load the game in 1.0 AND with the mods related to the blueprints and resave the blueprint library (I believe that you have to made any change in the BP library to force re-save).
The blueprints will be resaved in the 1.0 version and you are fine to go.

The problem is, that if you only resave the BP library in the version 1.0, but you never open the blueprints with the mods related to them, the game has no way how to update the original blueprint binary data, so it always keeps the original data, which eventually might become outdated and removed from the BP library.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”