[wheybags]Wrong Help Given

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
rickkelley
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[wheybags]Wrong Help Given

Post by rickkelley »

I have the latest 0.17 version of Factorio, and I went into the campaign tonight.

As I progressed I get a few things built, and discover the natives. It is then that the little computron fellow tells me to move to the east and find a safe spot near water. Once I have completed that it comes up with a few goals that I need to complete. One of which is build a boiler and steam engine. Which that is where I found what I think is the bug, I first placed my boiler and then connected the water & then the steam engine to it. Immediately at this point the little computron fellow comes up and tells me "not enough steam build more boilers."

Which that is not the problem at all, the problem with my setup at this point is there is no fuel in the boiler yet. No matter how many more boilers I build, following the direction I was just given, that won't help anything until I put fuel of some sort in them. I just think if we are going to have that fellow offer help like that it should be the correct help.

wheybags
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [wheybags]Wrong Help Given

Post by wheybags »

Thanks for the report. Fixed for the next version.
Trying to detect the actual cause of the issue (is it not connected to a boiler? is the boiler not connected to water? does the boiler have no fuel? Which boiler is it connected to? which of the multiple boilers it's connected to has not enough fuel? etc etc) is a rabbit hole that's probably not worth getting into.
So, from now on, he will just say "Not enough steam" and leave the fix to you :p

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”