[Dominik][0.16.36] Train disappears when keeping down RMB while exiting and trying to mine it

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Dominik][0.16.36] Train disappears when keeping down RMB while exiting and trying to mine it

Post by luc »

First off, I don't understand why we can't mine vehicles we're in anymore (just kick the player out after mining as in previous versions), as it was a nice way to hit the ground running while cleaning up behind yourself. But since this feature seems intentionally removed, I guess that's not a bug. Just wanted to mention it, just in case nobody mentioned it before...

The bug:

1. Be in multiplayer
2. Be in a locomotive
3. Right-click on the train to mine (you'll get a silly message about not being able to mine...)
4. Exit the train while holding down RMB (the train will disappear)
5. Bonus: try walking, you'll sort of slide (keep down RMB)
6. If you walk out of mining range, the train will reappear (keep down RMB)
7. Walk back and mine the train (just hover over it again, iirc you don't have to release the RMB)
8. Rail will be marked clear and next train will ride into the station

It took me a few tries to reproduce. Perhaps it also works in single player and it just takes a few more tries, not sure. Attached is a gif showing the issue.
Attachments
bug.gif
bug.gif (70.61 MiB) Viewed 2568 times

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik][0.16.36] Train disappears when keeping down RMB while exiting and trying to mine it

Post by Dominik »

An inconsistency in latency state mining vs real mining.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik][0.16.36] Train disappears when keeping down RMB while exiting and trying to mine it

Post by Dominik »

Ok, fixed. The mining timer will now reset when mining is attempted inside the train. Thanks for the report.

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc »

And you thanks for fixing! :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”