[boskid][1.1.59] Burner inserters do not take fuel for themselves when destination entity is full

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[boskid][1.1.59] Burner inserters do not take fuel for themselves when destination entity is full

Post by FuryoftheStars »

When an entity that does not require fuel input is fed by burner inserters, the burner inserters will not take fuel for themselves when the entity they are feeding has input full. This is an issue in situations where things are belt fed and the lane on the belt for fuel isn't full enough to always have a fuel item passing by when the inserter is re-activated for inserting into its destination entity.

My expectation on this would be that the burner inserter would take fuel when needed for itself regardless of the destination status.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [boskid][1.1.59] Burner inserters do not take fuel for themselves when destination entity is full

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. Issue is now fixed for 1.1.60

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [boskid][1.1.59] Burner inserters do not take fuel for themselves when destination entity is full

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Thanks. :)
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Amarula »

boskid wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:22 pm
Thanks for the report. Issue is now fixed for 1.1.60
Thank you!
Very early on in my Factorio career, I saw a suggestion to use burner inserters to avoid problems when running out of power in early game. I set up a furnace line using them, and promptly ran out of power (my own personal Factorio super-power is running out of power 8-) ). When the power came back on, the furnace line did not start up, because all the burner inserters were out of fuel, and I had to manually reload them. I assumed that was intended behaviour, so I did not report it... and I haven't used burner inserters since. I may have to give them a try the next time I start a new game...
And thank you again, it is amazing how quickly the devs respond to bug reports and get things fixed.
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”