[Oxyd] [1.1.42] Biters make a cuddle pile with me instead of brutally murdering myself and my base

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
rlm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Oxyd] [1.1.42] Biters make a cuddle pile with me instead of brutally murdering myself and my base

Post by rlm »

Steps to reproduce: load
weird frozen biters.zip
(4.82 MiB) Downloaded 135 times
, observe biters.
Expected behavior: brutally torn limb from limb by biters with no mercy; then efficient destruction of my rocket silo and subsequent game loss.

I have been playing wave defense on "hard" mode recently and found what I consider to be buggy behavior from the biters after they breach my defenses. A behemoth and big biter made it through my walls, destroyed a few entities, then congregated lazily near my rocket silo, seemingly unsure of what to do next.
lazy.png
lazy.png (3.81 MiB) Viewed 4771 times
Soon after I found these lazy biters just want to cuddle with each other and even welcome me to join the cuddle pile! Disgraceful.
biter cuddle pile.png
biter cuddle pile.png (2.22 MiB) Viewed 4771 times
I have included a save that shows this odd and shameful behavior by these biters. Over time several more biters come and also just sort of laze around. I need these guys' vibes to be more Starship Troopers and less Steven Universe, dammit! How else can I justify murdering them wholesale?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Klonan] [1.1.42] Biters make a cuddle pile with me instead of brutally murdering myself and my base

Post by mrvn »

cuddle pile, lol.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Klonan] [1.1.42] Biters make a cuddle pile with me instead of brutally murdering myself and my base

Post by Pi-C »

mrvn wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:50 am
Did you know there even was a Far Side movie? Myself, I only discovered it rather recently -- even though it's quite old. :-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Looks like they are stuck pathfinding:

Attachments
2021-11-10_11-45-19.mp4
(6.26 MiB) Downloaded 333 times

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Oxyd] [1.1.42] Biters make a cuddle pile with me instead of brutally murdering myself and my base

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks, fixed in 1.1.49.

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [1.1.42] Biters make a cuddle pile with me instead of brutally murdering myself and my base

Post by Amarula »

rlm wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:25 pm
Expected behavior: brutally torn limb from limb by biters with no mercy;
Ah the dreaded BCPB (Biter Cuddle Pile Bug)!
Thank you for this delightfully written description; I can't say I have ever enjoyed reading a bug report quite this much :lol:
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

alxbs
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by alxbs »

Hi,
I have a savegame, maybe [1.1.46], of a biter stuck in my base doing some shaky moves, and I thought it could be the same issue.
When I loaded after the update the biter is still there and still doing its thing.
Is it expected for the biter to remain like this after the update to 1.1.49?
Attachments
Factorio 1.1.49 2021-12-07 20-50-43.gif
Factorio 1.1.49 2021-12-07 20-50-43.gif (7.35 MiB) Viewed 3923 times

rlm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rlm »

Can now confirm that these new high-quality biters immediately murder my base. Thanks!

--RLM

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”