Spaces in Direct Connect prevent successful connection

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
diddily
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Spaces in Direct Connect prevent successful connection

Post by diddily »

Howdy!

I spent an hour+ trying to connect with a friend of mine for multiplayer, fiddling with router settings and what-not before I realized that I had a space (" ") in front of the IP address that I had copy-pasted into the direct connect dialog. This nefarious character had prevented us from connecting to each other, giving us a "No such host is known" each time after a few seconds (long enough for me to think that it was trying to connect to the address). Would it be possible to have the input box strip spaces from the IP address entered so that future players might not encounter the same issue?

Thanks,
Diddily

diddily
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Spaces in Direct Connect prevent successful connection

Post by diddily »

Sorry, forgot to mention, this was vanilla and I tried it it both 0.15.x and 0.15.12 (which I believe the server was running).

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

In 0.14 I think I have also once had problems connecting to a server that were caused by a trailing space after the port number when trying to connect to a server on a non-standard port. ( I think had inadvertently included a trailing space when copying the server address from a web page and then pasted it into the dialog field with ctrl-v).

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
The leading and trailing whitespaces will be trimmed from value entered to this dialog in 0.15.14

diddily
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by diddily »

That's awesome! Thanks so much :D

s3bash
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by s3bash »

I find the speed of bug fixes here great, this exact issue was opened for the minecraft team since 2012 and nothing ever happened. Good job with the game and the extremely prompt bug fixes.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”