Version 0.5.2

Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.5.2

Post by kovarex »

Hello, we just released version 0.5.2, it is mainly bugfix release.
  • Bugfixes:
    • Fixed map editor segfaults caused by entities staged for update.
    • Fixed double translation in czech translation.
    • Added player entity to the locale file.
    • Fixed restart button in finished game gui.
    • Fixed crashes in map editor when building belts to ground on top of each other.
    • Fixed the crafting speed description in the assembling machine.
    • Fixed straight lines in the newly generated maps.
    • Fixed crashes when loading maps with missing tile or resource definitions.
    • Fixed setting of sizes of custom gui elements in scripts (took effect after save, but not immediately).
    • Fixed some of the line wrapping problems in tool tips.
    • Fixed bug when starting chest buttons appeared when loading sandbox game.
    • Fixed attacking with tool when there is no ammo.
    • Limit the frequency of the message sound.
  • Changes:
    • The assembling machine 2 speed is now slightly faster (from 1.5 to 2).
  • Optimisations:
    • The game doesn't play (and encode) the ambient when ambien volume is 0.
    • The game doesn't simulate fish (and other stuff in the future) that are far away.
Downloadable as usual at https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental
Edit: The updater from 0.5.1 -> 0.5.2 can be used for windows and osx.

Finnboghi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.5.2

Post by Finnboghi »

Yay bug fixes!

I've got another one for you, though.

If you play on god mode, and refuse the chest, then load your game and don't push any buttons (accept or refuse the chest), then save and load again, your save will be broken as the game tries to recreate the buttons that are already there.

Also, a second bug that only happens in god mode. When attempting to attach green or red wires to smart chests or smart inserters, the game crashes stating "player with index 0 doesn't have the player entity".

Nevertheless, keep up the good work!

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Finnboghi wrote:If you play on god mode, and refuse the chest, then load your game and don't push any buttons (accept or refuse the chest), then save and load again, your save will be broken as the game tries to recreate the buttons that are already there.
This one has been fixed in 0.5.2. When you start a new sandbox game then the error is gone.
Finnboghi wrote: Also, a second bug that only happens in god mode. When attempting to attach green or red wires to smart chests or smart inserters, the game crashes stating "player with index 0 doesn't have the player entity".
Thanks for the report.

Dr.Eddy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dr.Eddy »

Thanks a lot for those bugfixes! :)

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Arakasi »

Isn't it time to post in main factorio.com page, that 5.0 or later version has been released? I still see 4.1 and Library session. Nothing newer.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Arakasi wrote: Isn't it time to post in main factorio.com page, that 5.0 or later version has been released? I still see 4.1 and Library session. Nothing newer.
Yeah the blog is looking not very lively. We were waiting to post about the stable 0.5.x version. Which 0.5.2 seems to be. So thanks for the reminder.

tonberrytoby
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tonberrytoby »

I just noticed that the improved inserter take several units when taking directly from a assembler to another assembler.
Is that a bug or a feature? Though, except for wires I can't think of an use for this.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

It is feature, and it was mentioned in some 0.5 changelog.

The main reason is to be able to quickly load/unload trains, but it can be also used to quickly move items from chests to chests or assembling machines.
This will be more useful when combined with other ways to make assembling machines work faster.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

tonberrytoby wrote:I just noticed that the improved inserter take several units when taking directly from a assembler to another assembler.
Is that a bug or a feature? Though, except for wires I can't think of an use for this.
Technically, those slots are containers too..
I guess the assembling machines simply have a basket at their end where the finished products fall. (And inserters can pick up more just as with the chest)

Return to “Releases”