Re: Version 1.1.7

Post by jodokus31 »

Shingen wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:26 pm
jodokus31 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:38 pm
peternlewis wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:10 am
No, I meant you should be able to flip the chemical plant and the refinery in the same way you can rotate them.
That still wouldnt help with blueprints, because the Pipe Layout wouldnt match
it wouldn't match if you flipped EVERYTHING? are you sure?
Actually, I'm a bit unsure now. If you would flip the pipe connections of the buildings, too, it may work. However, that pipe connection order currently is specified in the recipe and not the entity.
Here is a mod for changing pipe layout: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/GDIW-updated
I know at least, that rail layouts are very problematic to flip, but that's another topic.
eradicator wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:24 am
TL;DR: I official request an advanced interface option "I know what i'm doing, just let me flip everything." option that just 180° rotates fluid-assemblers, pipes, etc and disables the smartness. (I thought the prevent-fluid-mixing saga told us a thing about smartness.)
+1

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

eradicator wrote:
TL;DR: I official request an advanced interface option "I know what i'm doing, just let me flip everything." option that just 180° rotates fluid-assemblers, pipes, etc and disables the smartness. (I thought the prevent-fluid-mixing saga told us a thing about smartness.)
Yeah that would be a really good solution! The machines get rotated, the pipes flipped. In most cases this would be no problem at all.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I like that. Was suggested since 2016. ;)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

ssilk wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:36 am
I like that. Was suggested since 2016. ;)
sounds too complicated to me, why does it have to be fixed in vanilla when it's a small section of the user base that will... oh right, bp flipping was added into vanilla.

well, the solution there is probably to prevent bp flipping with chemical plants or refineries or anything that doesn't have symmetrical inputs/outputs.

FasterJump
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FasterJump »

ickputzdirwech wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:04 am
eradicator wrote:
Yeah that would be a really good solution! The machines get rotated, the pipes flipped. In most cases this would be no problem at all.
I didn't know I need it before I read it. It could be just a checkbox labelled: Enforce Flip, or something like this. Possibly hidden in the game options menu.

For the rocket count UI, maybe I will not miss it after all? I'll see during my next megabase game

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Maybe it could be a “the rest” option
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Return to “Releases”