Version 0.11.19

Information about releases and roadmap.
n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.19

Post by n9103 »

FishSandwich wrote:
immibis wrote:I agree with this. Why shouldn't you be able to steal oil from the enemy team?
Because nobody uses the tactic to steal oil, it's almost always used to fuck over the other team by putting water into all of their pipes.

And no it's not as easy to defend against as you might think, destroying a few measly turrets and sticking an offshore pump onto someone's pipes takes no time at all.
It wasn't about stopping it from happening, it was about being notified that it did, so that you know you need to clear and review the pipe.
If you're going to make the argument that they won't know where because they won't look in time before the turrets are destroyed, then that's entirely the fault of the player, not a game mechanic.
If I wanted to stop it from happening, then I'd put up laser turrets (or worms for your mod and it's ridiculous armor) and walls, that way there could be no quick place and retreat. But that's a lot more effort than the basic notification, and no defense should be relied upon to work unattended against a human opponent.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

n93013 wrote:clear and review the pipe
Have you never accidentally connected a water and oil pipe? It doesn't affect one pipe, it goes into ALL connected pipes, including any oil storage tanks you might have. If you think it's as simple as "clear and review" then you're mistaken.

Who cares about being notified? If you have water in all of your pipes it's gg because it brings all your late tech gameplay to a standstill and is ridiculously frustrating to fix all those pipes.

Laser turrets and walls at every interceptable point? Bro are you crazy?

And what about points you don't anticipate? If I destroy one enemy underground pipe I can replace it with my own, meaning I can introduce water that way. So your saying I should put lasers and walls along all of my pipelines to prevent that? What if someone connects the pipes at my advanced oil processing? Walls and laser turrets there too?
n9103 wrote:your mod and it's ridiculous armor
The armor was changed ages ago.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

FishSandwich wrote:Have you never accidentally connected a water and oil pipe?
Many times. It's why I feel qualified to speak on the matter.
It doesn't affect one pipe, it goes into ALL connected pipes, including any oil storage tanks you might have. If you think it's as simple as "clear and review" then you're mistaken.
Only if you let them run empty.
Who cares about being notified? If you have water in all of your pipes it's gg because it brings all your late tech gameplay to a standstill and is ridiculously frustrating to fix all those pipes.
Laser turrets and walls at every interceptable point? Bro are you crazy?
If you're so paranoid and lazy that you can't be bothered to deal with alerts or destruction notices, they might be.
And what about points you don't anticipate? If I destroy one enemy underground pipe I can replace it with my own, meaning I can introduce water that way.
Convenient that you berate the points that account for this, and then pretend they weren't mentioned.
So your saying I should put lasers and walls along all of my pipelines to prevent that? What if someone connects the pipes at my advanced oil processing? Walls and laser turrets there too?
If you need it to be secure, go figure why you would put up security.
If your oil processing isn't defended, you deserve what you get.
The next logical step is to make belts immune to having enemy inserters interact with them, and preventing the enemy from picking up *or* putting down items.
Congratulations.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

n9103 wrote:Congratulations.
Thanks.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

I agree with fish its too easy to use a pipe and run around through the oil area and mess everything up and i can speak with qualification as i am the one who uses the tactic very often and it is lead to an ungratifying victory against these people who cannot easily defend against my tactic its too powerful in many way not just for water or the oil pipes but for other things like boiler and chemical plants and for the underground to be disturbed with no idea for the other team makes it too simple to sabotage

LotA
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LotA »

How about simply add a "filter" tube that will let pass through only the selected fluid (same system as smart inserters) ? You'd just have to put them before (and after) ref / chemical plants... this way we could avoid such unpleasant experiences...

JimiQ
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JimiQ »

How about liquid doesn't get destroyed if something with higher pressure is introduced into the pipe (it doesn't make sense anyway)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

I actually don't mind that it happens, I just don't want it to be a strategy in PvP gameplay.

JimiQ
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JimiQ »

I agree, it's really OP attack with unequally expensive defense

DRE
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DRE »

FishSandwich wrote: Who cares about being notified? If you have water in all of your pipes it's gg because it brings all your late tech gameplay to a standstill and is ridiculously frustrating to fix all those pipes.
If I am not mistaken - you can clean all pipes using electric pump.
But still some work to clear plants.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

JimiQ wrote:I agree, it's really OP attack with unequally expensive defense
I haven't had a chance to play MP yet, but I also think it's OP and not fair. there should not be an ability for one team to remove another team's structures or connect / insert to other team's structures (including pipes) :|
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

If it would be completely impossible to remove something, tubes will be a very cheap wall. (wall of resources).
But I dont think that will happen that extreme anyway.(unremovable structures)
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

albatrosv13
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by albatrosv13 »

deleted
Last edited by albatrosv13 on Thu May 19, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

Very good point about keeping these things as various options or rules that players can decide to use or not before starting a game. Maybe make it so that these things can only be changed via mods...that way the devs get to guarantee a certain experience and people who need a different set of rules can mod them in.

Greg40
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Greg40 »

linux release uses older glibc so, it should be Ubuntu 12+ compatibile
Not on mine :

Code: Select all

./factorio: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.19' not found (required by ./factorio)
UNAME : Linux greg-desktop 3.2.0-80-generic #116-Ubuntu SMP Mon Mar 23 17:11:03 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thank's for the hard work :)

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Think there will be a update tomorrow guys? I like to Start my Let's Play Series proper tomorrow :) I mean clearly I can do it on 0.11.19 but 20 sounds cooler as the title ;)

popillil
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by popillil »

I would love to see a mod, where you have a time limit to build a defensive base before massive waves of biters and spitters come at you. But the game devs could add it as a "game mode" :mrgreen:

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

popillil wrote:I would love to see a mod, where you have a time limit to build a defensive base before massive waves of biters and spitters come at you. But the game devs could add it as a "game mode" :mrgreen:
At the moment, thats how the game works, with the difference that you got to place the rocket defence :)
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Greg40 wrote:
linux release uses older glibc so, it should be Ubuntu 12+ compatibile
Not on mine :

Code: Select all

./factorio: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.19' not found (required by ./factorio)
UNAME : Linux greg-desktop 3.2.0-80-generic #116-Ubuntu SMP Mon Mar 23 17:11:03 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thank's for the hard work :)
What version of ubuntu exactly do you have?
post result of cat /etc/issue

Also we should probably move to the original bug's thread: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =11&t=7147

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

My friends and I (3 in total this time) have played yesterday (4 hours) and today (about 3 1/2 hours) and we had absolutely no issues connecting or dropping and such. It was a really nice experience. Last time we played on 0.11.13 and this is so much better now! Lovin' it =)

Only issue was one of us, with a really bad internet connection, so the game was lagging a bit from time to time, but nothing too bad :D
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Return to “Releases”