Version 1.1.1

Information about releases and roadmap.
y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.1

Post by y.petremann »

In another game (Eco to be more precise) there is the functionnality to navigate tooltips to see deep informations,
here in factorio I really would like to have the possibility to see by default only the tooltip, being as simple as it can (so a lot of text is not consistant), and when holding a button we could hover informations in tooltip to see more informations:
  • Item/entity :
    • recipe to craft it
    • items it can use (fuel / munitions ...)
    • recipes it can craft
    • technology to unlock
  • Recipe :
    • ingredients
    • machines
    • technology to unlock

Kanapiuk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kanapiuk »

Where to cheak how much rockets lounch?

Solinya
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Solinya »

kovarex wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:11 pm
It is not whether we can do it, but whether we should. Adding extra modifier just for this is not worth it imo.
What could make sense is to have a generic key to "freeze tooltip". That way, the icons in the tooltip could be inspected with tooltip (which could be again recursively freezed etc.)
Crusader Kings 3 has a lot of tooltips and nested tooltips. The way they handle it is if the tooltip is visible for 1.5s (configurable) it freezes in place (complete with a visible border change so you know it's frozen) and then you can mouse over the tooltip to inspect it or spawn nested tooltips, etc. There's also a binding to freeze it instantly (middle-click iirc), but factorio already has a lot of key bindings.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Kanapiuk wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:11 am
It was built-in in vanilla until 1.0, but was removed in 1.1 experimental.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by cbhj1 »

secret spiders hidden behind menu

T-A-R
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by T-A-R »

Koub wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:46 am
Kanapiuk wrote:
It was built-in in vanilla until 1.0, but was removed in 1.1 experimental.
The production statistics of all time consumed satellites rounds up in kilo's. Is there any way left (for modders perhaps) to show the exact number of all time consumed sats?I see it cluttered the gui, but it was a very rewarding function when running late game bases.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

Kanapiuk wrote:
The Space Exploration mod (actually, Informatron, a required dependency), keeps track of all its cargo rocket launches, so it must be possible for a mod to keep track of the vanilla satellite rocket launches.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Before it was removed, the rocket launch counter was a scripted part of the freeplay scenario and not part of the game engine at all. So any mod / scenario is free to recreate it if you want it back badly enough.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:49 pm
Before it was removed, the rocket launch counter was a scripted part of the freeplay scenario and not part of the game engine at all. So any mod / scenario is free to recreate it if you want it back badly enough.
The scenario had the benefit that it always counted. A mod can't see how many rockets were launched before it was installed. (Guessing based on the production statistics might be unfeasible depending on installed mods.)
[Edit: Seems i was wrong.]
Last edited by eradicator on Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

eradicator wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:54 pm
A mod can't see how many rockets were launched before it was installed. (Guessing based on the production statistics might be unfeasible depending on installed mods.)
LuaForce.get_item_launched / LuaForce.items_launched / LuaForce.rockets_launched
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

T-A-R
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by T-A-R »

Check. Thanks all. keep 'em launching.

peternlewis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by peternlewis »

Koub wrote:
It [rocket launch count] was built-in in vanilla until 1.0, but was removed in 1.1 experimental.
Could we know why? It seems for anything past the "win game" state, the number of rocket launches is a primary driver for a lot of factories. That and science/minute.

I’d love to understand your reasoning for removing this. I always hoped you would embrace those two metrics and show science in a specific tab in the production stats (I know you can search for “pack”, but in late game a specific science tab always seemed like it would be nice to have. Removing the rockets launched seems like a step in entirely the opposite direction, unless you plan on adding it back to the production stats somewhere.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

peternlewis wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:36 am
Koub wrote:
It [rocket launch count] was built-in in vanilla until 1.0, but was removed in 1.1 experimental.
Could we know why?
Maybe. I don't (reminder : I'm just a moderator moderating, not a member of the dev team). And I liked that small indicator, which was nothing more than a penismeter, but I guess I like having a way to measure mine :mrgreen:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

T-A-R
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by T-A-R »

I have a speculation aswel: it cleaned up the entire top left gui bar, since only the rocket button was left there on vanilla, which doesn't make too much sense there gui-wise on it's own.
Only mods and scenarios used to have enough buttons to form a reasonable toolbar there.

starlinvf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starlinvf »

peternlewis wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:36 am
Koub wrote:
Could we know why? It seems for anything past the "win game" state, the number of rocket launches is a primary driver for a lot of factories. That and science/minute.

I’d love to understand your reasoning for removing this. I always hoped you would embrace those two metrics and show science in a specific tab in the production stats (I know you can search for “pack”, but in late game a specific science tab always seemed like it would be nice to have. Removing the rockets launched seems like a step in entirely the opposite direction, unless you plan on adding it back to the production stats somewhere.
Knowing this community...

"Instituted change to prevent an int32 overflow from rocket launches, that was causing client crashes and game save corruption" :ugeek:

Return to “Releases”