Information about releases and roadmap.
eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.1

Post by eradicator »

kovarex wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:53 pm
We actually try to move to names list rather than just icon lists in these kind of tooltips if possible. The reason is, that when I see the name, I can actually search for name, but if you have a mod with 50 similar icons for something, and it just shows you the icons, how are you supposed to find where is it? The example where it was a problem was the list of crafting machines able to craft certain recipe, It just showed some icon, and then, there was no fast way to search the crafting machine recipe when I didn't know the name.
I seem to remeber playing a game once that had both. When you hovered it shows only icons, and when you held shift (or ctrl or whatever) while hovering it showed icon+names. Which solves both the "i already know what that is and now there's way too much text" and the "wtf is that icon even why is there no text?" cases. Not sure if your GUI system could even do that though even if you wanted.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

eradicator wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:58 pm
We actually try to move to names list rather than just icon lists in these kind of tooltips if possible. The reason is, that when I see the name, I can actually search for name, but if you have a mod with 50 similar icons for something, and it just shows you the icons, how are you supposed to find where is it? The example where it was a problem was the list of crafting machines able to craft certain recipe, It just showed some icon, and then, there was no fast way to search the crafting machine recipe when I didn't know the name.
I seem to remeber playing a game once that had both. When you hovered it shows only icons, and when you held shift (or ctrl or whatever) while hovering it showed icon+names. Which solves both the "i already know what that is and now there's way too much text" and the "wtf is that icon even why is there no text?" cases. Not sure if your GUI system could even do that though even if you wanted.
It is not whether we can do it, but whether we should. Adding extra modifier just for this is not worth it imo.
What could make sense is to have a generic key to "freeze tooltip". That way, the icons in the tooltip could be inspected with tooltip (which could be again recursively freezed etc.)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:11 pm
eradicator wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:58 pm
It is not whether we can do it, but whether we should. Adding extra modifier just for this is not worth it imo.
What could make sense is to have a generic key to "freeze tooltip". That way, the icons in the tooltip could be inspected with tooltip (which could be again recursively freezed etc.)
Tooltip freezing would also be very nice for entity_info and lots of other stuff. If you can do that i'm all for it. But i assumed tooltips on tooltips would be even more difficult to implement so i didn't mention it.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.

DrParanoia
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DrParanoia »

Well Krastorio 2 makes you select a furnace recipe before you can use it. But I suppose that having furnace line contaminated by a different material is part of the fun, so I doubt you'll opt-in for a similar solution :D

sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sorahn »

brunzenstein wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:49 pm
It’s a force click, not a right click
No, force click is something else. A force click is an action you can do on the trackpad, not what gets sent to the OS.

Alwego
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alwego »

Nice job Wube. A lot of nice changes. Thank You for that. We all know what is so beautiful in 1.1 so i write what is imo not perfect.
- new multiplayer server list design. I think most of Us offten use 'search'. Now we must click new button - why? ;(
- will be nice to got bigger window about 'tags' and 'players". Now i must use scroll to check who play on server. Will be nice to can resize this window.

Anyway that was a small problem for me. Thanks a lot for amazing game.

NIronwolf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NIronwolf »

DrParanoia wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:03 pm
Well Krastorio 2 makes you select a furnace recipe before you can use it. But I suppose that having furnace line contaminated by a different material is part of the fun, so I doubt you'll opt-in for a similar solution :D
That would be because K2 aren't actually furnaces. They're assemblers with furnace graphics.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

sorahn wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:11 pm
brunzenstein wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:49 pm
It’s a force click, not a right click
No, force click is something else. A force click is an action you can do on the trackpad, not what gets sent to the OS.

But your right - a true middle click is not available on the Mac

S_gamez
Inserter
Inserter

Post by S_gamez »

Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:17 am
FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:25 am
Gui
  • Added tooltip with list of possible ingredients to the empty furnace input slot.
Hmmm ... A "regular" modded furnace, about a third of the possible recipes showing:

furnace1.jpg
I have asked about a way to muse wheel that page but i got no response
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=83174

J-H
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by J-H »

How do I get the big "New Tips" window in the bottom left to go away? I clicked them all to mark as read and the menu is still there. Turning off tutorial notifications in Interface didn't help.

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Guenni7 »

Awsome update! This is the real V1.0. Thank you WUBE for your dedication to a perfect game.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

J-H wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:21 pm
How do I get the big "New Tips" window in the bottom left to go away? I clicked them all to mark as read and the menu is still there. Turning off tutorial notifications in Interface didn't help.
Maybe related
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=91851

I noticed that you can get rid of it by deactivating tutorial notifications when they were not present while changing setting.
Otherwise try with /unlock-tips or /reset-tips

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

Added an interface option (off by default) to change quick bar slot filters by clicking them with different items.
Thank you very much!
With that as an option a player can use the new feature to build up his quickbar and once completed conserve it from accidental cluttering.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

NIronwolf wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:05 pm
DrParanoia wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:03 pm
That would be because K2 aren't actually furnaces. They're assemblers with furnace graphics.
That's because real furnaces can not have more than one ingredient per recipe. So for alloying two metals etc., mods have no choice than to use the selection menu.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

(YEAH~~ You noticed me!)

It is reasonable. No matter how, just be consistent, for both fuel slots, ingredient slots, and also AMMO SLOTS. :lol:

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Turtle »

Blueprints are rotating when I don't even rotate anything.
Example:
1. Place blueprint
2. Destroy/place items nearby - or do other stuff not rotating anything
3. Try to place blueprint and it's rotated

I can't pinpoint if it's destroying or placing items or specific items... but something is doing it.

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Turtle »

Never mind! I had my Flip Blueprint key sharing with another key...
Turtle wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:25 pm
Blueprints are rotating when I don't even rotate anything.
Example:
1. Place blueprint
2. Destroy/place items nearby - or do other stuff not rotating anything
3. Try to place blueprint and it's rotated

I can't pinpoint if it's destroying or placing items or specific items... but something is doing it.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

Klonan wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:56 am
blesmrt wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:46 am
OlegKrikun wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:45 am
Hi folks :D

I unable to access to the latests experimental versions 1.1.x over standalone version (without steam).
I have enabled checkbox about experimental updates in the settings =)

Code: Select all

26.399 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:54: Downloading https://updater.factorio.com/updater/get-available-versions?username=Emptiness&token=<private>&apiVersion=2
  27.548 0 packages available to download (experimental updates enabled).
Same here
The updates are broken right now, if you want to update, either use Steam, or download the whole 1.1.1 fresh from our website

We are looking into the problem

EDIT: We managed to hand-fix the update packages, you should be able to use the updater now, let us know if it works
Hi can i check if the update is still working?
i just tried upgrading from 1.0.0 to 1.1.1 and it started downloading and updating, but then exit.
and the original .exe was deleted so i couldnt restart the game to try another standalone update.

(i looked in the temp folder and found 2 zips ("core-win64-1.0.0-1.1.0-update.zip" and "core-win64-1.1.0-1.1.1-update.zip") but when i tried something like copying the factorio exe and .pdb into the bin folder, it said i cant run a base 1.1 game with 1.0 exe.

so as of now, i had no other way to try and get back to what i was using, but to download about 1.5GB 1.1.1 from the website
and trying again. (with a local backup this time - which i almost did before the update, but my 1.0 new game was still very new so i didnt make one) :)

but i was reading some other posts where it could be a windows issue or a file locked by antivirus or something, but if so, i would like to suggest that the main .exe file is "not" deleted and replaced, but rather, the new version is copied as filename-1.1.1.tmp, and then IF successful, only then is the original file is sent to recycling bin, and the new 1.1.1.tmp is renamed as .exe.

this way, there might be more chance of a successful update process. (but then there is still the issue of not being able to even "launch" the old .exe, to get access to the updater itself, so i dont know :)

either way, you guys have all been super cool over the years with this game, and thanks for continuing to improve things even after reaching version 1.0 :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

wahoo, i managed to extract the standalone 1.1.1 somewhere
and copy the .exe and .pdb into my existing 1.0 bin folder (and delete its Base folder)
and then copied the newly extracted standalone 1.1.1 base folder into my existing game structure.

and it worked :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

harrybullari
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by harrybullari »

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the significant (over 20% in my case) performance boost of this release vs. 1.0.

Return to β€œReleases”