Information about releases and roadmap.
eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.1

Post by eradicator »

bMac59 wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:31 pm
Thank you for the fix to the Quickbar with the Lock option. You've saved my sanity.

However, some people will have the same item in different quickbar rows, depending on how they've set things up. You're removing the item from it's current slot and putting it into the new slot. Now an item can only be in one slot.
Seems like "Change quickbar by clicking with item" option only works half when disabled. When you have an item in hand:
1) Click a filtered quickbar slot -> You get the filtered item (expected)
2) Click an unfilterd slot -> The cursor item goes to the slot and the *old* filter is deleted (broken)

The option should simply prevent any left-click based quickbar changes.

eradicator wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:58 pm
Now an item can only be in one slot.
Nope, you can still have multiple. But any accidential clicks on empty slots randomly move stuff around...
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MassiveDynamic »

Thank you for fixing the automatic updater. I had trouble yesterday and couldn’t get the update working, but this morning it automatically updated and is working perfectly. Of course. Thanks.

sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sorahn »

bMac59 wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:31 pm
Thank you for the fix to the Quickbar with the Lock option. You've saved my sanity.

However, some people will have the same item in different quickbar rows, depending on how they've set things up. You're removing the item from it's current slot and putting it into the new slot. Now an item can only be in one slot.
Not sure what you're saying, you can still have multiple of the same item anywhere in the quickbar.

Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:58 pm

2) Click an unfilterd slot -> The cursor item goes to the slot and the *old* filter is deleted (broken)
I don't see this behavior, it just adds what I'm holding to that slot, and doesn't change anything else
Nevermind, if you pick an item from the quickbar and then click into an empty slot, it "moves" the filter.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

sorahn wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:13 pm
Nevermind, if you pick an item from the quickbar and then click into an empty slot, it "moves" the filter.
Yes, left click with item-from-quickbar moves the filter, left click with item-from-inventory sets new filter. Completey unintuitive.

This gif uses only left click:

optionoff.png
optionoff.png (2.67 KiB) Viewed 7733 times
factorio_20201125-151906[000]_unc.avi_gifsicle.gif
factorio_20201125-151906[000]_unc.avi_gifsicle.gif (1.86 MiB) Viewed 7748 times
Last edited by eradicator on Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.

DrParanoia
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DrParanoia »

kovarex wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:51 pm
Yea, some of them are probably not yet high ress, but the color versions is something I specifically asked for, as the monochromatic icons are just typical example of the form defeating the functionality.
Thanks for the answer! Probably a matter of taste, just felt cleaner and more pleasant. Not sure about what functionality is defeated by the monochrome version though.

With that said, I may be nitpicking, but UI consistency is a bit off (if we forget about the icon colors :D). For example, right now there are at least three different combinations of button sets.

sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sorahn »

Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:22 pm
Yes, left click with item-from-quickbar moves the filter, left click with item-from-inventory sets new filter. Completey unintuitive.

Yeah, I agree, that is unintuitive. The quickbar (or player) should not care where the item in their hand came from when clicking elsewhere on the screen.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:26 pm
Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:22 pm

Yeah, I agree, that is unintuitive. The quickbar (or player) should not care where the item in their hand came from when clicking elsewhere on the screen.
I checked in 1.0 and it does also set filter on empty slot when left clicking. I think *that* is the problem. It teaches players that left click can be used to set filters, even though every other filter slot in the game uses middle click to interact with filters.

sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sorahn »

Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:31 pm
I checked in 1.0 and it does also set filter on empty slot when left clicking. I think *that* is the problem. It teaches players that left click can be used to set filters, even though every other filter slot in the game uses middle click to interact with filters.
I can get behind that too, I'm sure I have use left click to set empty slots with the thing I'm holding before but not consciously because middle click also does it. And as you said, middle click is how you interact with all the other game filters.

DrParanoia
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DrParanoia »

Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:36 pm
I can get behind that too, I'm sure I have use left click to set empty slots with the thing I'm holding before but not consciously because middle click also does it. And as you said, middle click is how you interact with all the other game filters.
There is no middle click on Mac though :( So there is no way to clear the Hotbar items on Mac.

sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sorahn »

DrParanoia wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:44 pm
There is no middle click on Mac though :( So there is no way to clear the Hotbar items on Mac.
cmd + rightclick

If you want to change this it's in Settings -> Controls under Inventory -> Toggle filter. (it applies to all the filter toggling, not just the inventory)

Baruk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Baruk »

Hi,

could you re-enable the debug feature where the robots are shown as small (yellow) rectangles on map view?
It was so easy to check how the robots moved and worked. As well easy to recognize whether logistic robots are on the way to refill/ empty trash.

Maybe it is out of place, but I would like to have a button "center on player" in the Locomotive screen beside the "toggle centering on locomotive".
If I want to call a train I search sometimes a lot to find my position.

Many thanks to this awesome work!

sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sorahn »

Baruk wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:11 pm
Hi,

could you re-enable the debug feature where the robots are shown as small (yellow) rectangles on map view?
It was so easy to check how the robots moved and worked. As well easy to recognize whether logistic robots are on the way to refill/ empty trash.

Maybe it is out of place, but I would like to have a button "center on player" in the Locomotive screen beside the "toggle centering on locomotive".
If I want to call a train I search sometimes a lot to find my position.

Many thanks to this awesome work!
This is part of the base game now. The "Worker Robots" icon under the map while in map view toggles this feature on and off.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

You can fake the PC middle click on a PowerBook by defining the lower right corner of the trackpad as "secondary click" - look into the system prefs

sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sorahn »

brunzenstein wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:28 pm
You can fake the PC middle click on a PowerBook by defining the lower right corner of the trackpad as "secondary click" - look into the system prefs
That's a right click, not a middle click. Even with an external mouse plugged in, the middle click still doesn't work because by default the toggle filters are bound to cmd+rightclick.

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:36 pm
Are these icons final? These new ones just look cheap, low res, blurry (also that drop shadow :D).

The old ones looked much better :( Also, the new icon style is not consistent with these ones
ImageImageImage
Not a fan of the pollution one, but I like that the item icons are used in the map filters buttons. It makes the player understand their meaning more efficiently.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:34 pm
brunzenstein wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:28 pm
β€”-
It’s a force click, not a right click
That's a right click, not a middle click. Even with an external mouse plugged in, the middle click still doesn't work because by default the toggle filters are bound to cmd+rightclick.
It’s a force click, not a right click

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:23 pm
Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:17 am
FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:25 am
Gui
  • Added tooltip with list of possible ingredients to the empty furnace input slot.
Hmmm ... A "regular" modded furnace, about a third of the possible recipes showing:

furnace1.jpg
I was afraid that it could happen, I will change it to table, which will solve the problem until there would be too much that the whole screen would be filled :)
Hi. Sorry for quoting you. I just want your attention to this: Ammo Slot Tooltip! :mrgreen:

Hexicube
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hexicube »

Gui
  • Added tooltip with list of possible ingredients to the empty furnace input slot.
Hmmm ... A "regular" modded furnace, about a third of the possible recipes showing:

furnace1.jpg
I was afraid that it could happen, I will change it to table, which will solve the problem until there would be too much that the whole screen would be filled :)
Why not let recipes declare they should not be visible, and then not show items unless it is used in at least one visible recipe?
I assume the list is created by iterating over recipes in the first place, if not...well, uh, good luck?

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Gui

furnace1.jpg
Sorry for quoting you again, but this is related to the original topic. After seeing the ingredient slot tooltip myself, I now think that you did it wrong.

Please be consistent with the fuel slot tooltip, which has item icons only. We don't really need the item names.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

We actually try to move to names list rather than just icon lists in these kind of tooltips if possible. The reason is, that when I see the name, I can actually search for name, but if you have a mod with 50 similar icons for something, and it just shows you the icons, how are you supposed to find where is it? The example where it was a problem was the list of crafting machines able to craft certain recipe, It just showed some icon, and then, there was no fast way to search the crafting machine recipe when I didn't know the name.

Return to β€œReleases”