Information about releases and roadmap.
Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Version 1.1.0

Post by Bilka »

Ambaire wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:14 am
Why was the Rocket silo stats GUI removed? How do we now see how many satellites we've launched?
Press P, search for space science produced, divide by 1000.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

I love the main menu scene where the character chases a biter offscreen, and then comes back being chased by a horde of biters.

I don't know if it's just a generic cartoon gag, but it reminded me of Prehistorik 2.

nt1soc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nt1soc »

Why did the character menu got moved to the left?
There was no reason to move it
There is also no way to move it back to the old position.

gGeorg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by gGeorg »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:29 pm
  • Spidertron remotes now allow to add queue commands and a command to follow any entity.
You mean Spidey can fallow a train? Like an armed bodyguard .... hmmm. Or myself, hmmm.
Could spidey fallow an empty barrel on the belt? hh, need to test.
Bilka wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:11 am
Why was the Rocket silo stats GUI removed? How do we now see how many satellites we've launched?
Most changes are improvement, but not this. It is very satisfying to see count of satellites rising.
If you need a clean screen for some reason, would you please add an option, in the Options to enable it back?
or perhaps allow a mod which can do the same.
Thank you.
Last edited by gGeorg on Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lubricus »

Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:46 am
Impatient wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:36 am
Modding
  • Added the "linked-container" entity type.
Uuuuuuuuuh, what is this? How many of these can be added to an entity? :D
It appears to be some sort of container that can be in more than one place at once. Not unlike a Minecraft Enderchest. They seem to have some sort of "link frequency" or some such; if two (or more) chests have the same frequency then they share their contents no matter where they are. Useful for UPS-friendly inventory teleportation I would imagine, across a surface or between them.
That seems great for mods like Factorissimo that moves stuff between different surfaces.

Shadow_Man
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shadow_Man »

Bilka wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:11 am
But you can launch rocket without satellite, or you launch other things in rocket, not satellites.
Some mods may change launch mechanics by returning other items.
Please make rocket launch stats window optional and configurable (total launches, cargo launched, returning cargo received).

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Lots of delicious GUI related modding additions. Thank you very much. And mouse cursor position...oh my!
_____
Lubricus wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:02 am
Modding
It appears to be some sort of container that can be in more than one place at once. Not unlike a Minecraft Enderchest. They seem to have some sort of "link frequency" or some such; if two (or more) chests have the same frequency then they share their contents no matter where they are. Useful for UPS-friendly inventory teleportation I would imagine, across a surface or between them.
That seems great for mods like Factorissimo that moves stuff between different surfaces.
What has me puzzled is LuaForce.get_linked_inventory(). What do prototypes have to do with link ids? What does LuaForce have to do with this?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

Modding
That is something, I am suspecting as well. The only thing missing is a GUI element, that can be linked to it and automatically shows its contents. That would be one step further towards a sort of plug n play functionalities and GUI elements for entities.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

• Clicking non-empty quickbar slot with something in cursor sets the quickbar slot to the cursor value rather than selecting the quickbar value.
I must say I also really dislike this change. This is very bad design imo. For the following reasons:
  • Changing filters in the quickbar is an action that is needed very rarely. Definitely fewer times than taking an item from the quickbar. The more frequent action should be easier accessible.
  • If you forget to clear the cursor first, there is no easy way to undo the new filter in the quickbar.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

ickputzdirwech wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:34 pm
If you forget to clear the cursor first, there is no easy way to undo the new filter in the quickbar.
Middle... mouse... click?...

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

kirazy wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:40 pm
If you forget to clear the cursor first, there is no easy way to undo the new filter in the quickbar.
This won't bring back your shortcut.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

• Clicking non-empty quickbar slot with something in cursor sets the quickbar slot to the cursor value rather than selecting the quickbar value.
I must say I also really dislike this change. This is very bad design imo. For the following reasons:
  • Changing filters in the quickbar is an action that is needed very rarely. Definitely fewer times than taking an item from the quickbar. The more frequent action should be easier accessible.
  • If you forget to clear the cursor first, there is no easy way to undo the new filter in the quickbar.
I haven't tried the update yet, but... if this is true... WHY?
don't you have to middle mouse click the GUI in the first place to set the filter?

I'd have to agree that this is a terrible idea.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nexarius »

This is just genius :)

I have just one question. Why is the 1.1.0 zip file bigger than the not compressed version?
28tZI5Q.png
28tZI5Q.png (83.97 KiB) Viewed 6554 times

Shadow_Man
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shadow_Man »

Nexarius wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:09 pm
This is just genius :)

I have just one question. Why is the 1.1.0 zip file bigger than the not compressed version?
Because compression algorithm in Setup.exe better than ZIP ;)

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

gGeorg wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:10 am
  • Spidertron remotes now allow to add queue commands and a command to follow any entity.
You mean Spidey can fallow a train? Like an armed bodyguard .... hmmm. Or myself, hmmm.
It seems all of that, except following items on a belt is possible now. Spidey also follows bots until they enter something. Tested with other spiders, player character, trains, bots and items on belts. I am pretty sure it works with bugs as well. :lol:

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

There's a way to get rid of all of these "New tips", right, and I'm just not seeing it?

I'm not going to be clicking every single one of these things I've known for five years away one by one for the rest of the month, am I?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

DanGio wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:49 pm
kirazy wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:40 pm
This won't bring back your shortcut.
bobingabout wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:55 pm
I haven't tried the update yet, but... if this is true... WHY?
don't you have to middle mouse click the GUI in the first place to set the filter?

I'd have to agree that this is a terrible idea.
There's already a suggestion thread to at least make it optional:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=91729

To me it looks like an attempt to make it easier for new players that inevitably makes it more difficult for old players. The supposed solution is apparently "just press clear cursor every time". Yea...
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:29 pm
gGeorg wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:10 am
It seems all of that, except following items on a belt is possible now. Spidey also follows bots until they enter something. Tested with other spiders, player character, trains, bots and items on belts. I am pretty sure it works with bugs as well. :lol:
ETA until someone builds a virtual centipede made of 100 spiders following each other?
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:29 pm
except following items on a belt
Just put the item in a car first.
Last edited by eradicator on Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupplyDepoo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SupplyDepoo »

MFW Reading the changelog

Kudos to Wube!
Last edited by SupplyDepoo on Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

eradicator wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:33 pm
To me it looks like an attempt to make it easier for new players that inevitably makes it more difficult for old players.
I agree that as an old player it's probably possible to get used to this change. I doubt however that this really makes it easier for newer players (it sounds like you feel the same). I think using "Q" is already quite advanced interaction and most new players I know open their inventory all the time.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to β€œReleases”