Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.37

Post by Omnifarious »

Pat4yczek wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:25 pm
billbo99 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:48 pm
Think we might have a bug .. Pressing 'Q' to get a ghost item in hand, then pressing 'Q' again will not clear the hand. The ghost item will still stay in hand.
I have the same problen, you need to change to item in backpack
This currently causes some major issues with the Braver New World mod in the early game since it doesn't really let you have much in your inventory. I guess you could just stick some blueprints in there and maybe that would do it. Otherwise, you're just kind of stuck with a ghost in your hand.

Interestingly, if the 'ghost item' is the result of a cut or copy, 'Q' clears your hand just fine.

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

badtouchatr wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:56 pm
who releases new "major features" just 16 days before the supposed "stable 1.0" release? huh? who does that?
The Factorio team is about the only team I've seen where I suspect that kind of thing would be likely to go well. :-)

kmack413
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kmack413 »

billbo99 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:48 pm
Think we might have a bug .. Pressing 'Q' to get a ghost item in hand, then pressing 'Q' again will not clear the hand. The ghost item will still stay in hand.
Same here.

dodexahedron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dodexahedron »

badtouchatr wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:56 pm
who releases new "major features" just 16 days before the supposed "stable 1.0" release? huh? who does that?
The baddest MFers on the planet. That's who.

And also bad people. But these aren't those.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

FactorioBot wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:20 pm
Features
  • Added blueprint building from the map view.
  • Blueprints can have absolute map snapping specified, so the blueprints are always aligned to the global grid.
Map building could have been great
Map building is great... when you can place outside active radar view. Now it just makes you place blueprints that are bigger than 112 in size over and over again until the whole blueprint is placed. I have radars placed every other chunk in my blueprint so that I can see the build progress. But I can't really use this feature for building big prints. Remote rail building is dead like this, which is almost always out of radar view when ghost placing. I thought that you had removed this restriction when you introduced this feature, but sadly, nope. I guess I'm going to have to use /c game.players[1].force.chart_all() all the time or just walk over there and place it with the alignment system instead, which does work outside activly scanned chunks. It doesn't make sense, doesn't 'balance' anything, just forces us to do weird annoying workarounds when dealing with big blueprints. :roll: :(
Absolutes are hard to position
Why isn't the absolute reference point writable with numbers? The point of it is to be able to align blueprints that are so big that you can't really see the edge or place it accurately when zoomed out (with commands....), but the absolute reference point itself needs to be placed manually on a tiny zoomed out view. With radar-sized blueprints I can't even see the flag because it is so small. Just let me type in the coordinates of it, pretty please :? :roll: ;) :oops:

Also the flag moves when I change the snap size. This means I can't take my symmetric 232x232 (some overlap) sized 224x224 snapped prints and enable absolute first, then configure the size, and have it work as expected. Because the default flag position is correct, but the auto snap size is not correct. And then when I change the snap size the flag is moved to an incorrect place :/
I wish I could use all tools on zoomed out map view.

I want to use decon planners, make blueprints and do upgrades without zooming in. Also modded selection tools should work too from map view without zoom-to-world. Now I can place blueprints, but I can't deconstruct, copy, cut etc. It's hard to get the right BIG selection, just try yourself to make a 3000x3000 selection while zoomed in. How do I even find my way to the other corner when I have to be zoomed during the whole process? Please fix ;) .
Regression
When the zoom-to-world was first introduced it was introduced it was actually working much better. Map placement worked outside active radar range and you could manipulate filters and settings etc from the map. Then it was nerfed so that you had to do these weird workarounds with blueprinting the things close to you and then modify it and then re-apply the blueprint back. Purely to annoy the players? :|

n3ss
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by n3ss »

Eh... Is the ability to view other players blueprints in multiplayer coming back? Losing that really sucks.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

n3ss wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:58 am
Eh... Is the ability to view other players blueprints in multiplayer coming back? Losing that really sucks.
No, they are not going back. There are extra checks to make sure that even if you would have a link to a book from other player storage (like having a link in quickbar while book was in game blueprints but then that player moved that book from game blueprints to his "my blueprints") you could at most use it, but you would not be able to open such book or change its content.

orgy230
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by orgy230 »

And 10 seconds into this update and I've already "lost" a blueprint book by deleting from my inventory without realising it was no longer in my library... Goodbye hours of work :(

FasterJump
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FasterJump »

I love this new blueprint library, but I just have few comments:

-I though that "Select new content" for a blueprint was to add new content, not to replace current content by new content.
-I tried to press C to cancel it... But this is not a cancel button...

I suggest:
-Rename the "Select new content" button "replace content" instead, and replace the "+" of the icon by an empty blue
-For the Copy button, using the same copy icon that is already in the quickbar (and maybe add a cancel button that cancels the last blueprint modification)

Otherwise, thank you for the new blueprint library!

orgy230
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by orgy230 »

If anyone else has accidentally lost blueprints from their library due to the behaviour changes, looks like there may be an automatic backup of blueprint storage for you :-) Have a look for a "blueprint-storage-version-0.18experimental-backup.dat" file.

Illiou
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Illiou »

FasterJump wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:48 am
I love this new blueprint library, but I just have few comments:

-I though that "Select new content" for a blueprint was to add new content, not to replace current content by new content.
-I tried to press C to cancel it... But this is not a cancel button...
I actually had to laugh at this, this is the single best anecdote of why iteration is key in UI design. :)

I wonder if it's possible to make a mod which regularly backups the blueprint library.

dimm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dimm »

Keeping the last 5-10 deleted blueprints somewhere in blueprint library could solve this problem. "Don't confirm, allow undo"

Illiou
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Illiou »

dimm wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:12 pm
Keeping the last 5-10 deleted blueprints somewhere in blueprint library could solve this problem. "Don't confirm, allow undo"
True, some sort of trash bin would be a really obvious solution (though it wouldn't help for corruption or update issues).

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Qon wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:06 am
Map building could have been great
Map building is great... when you can place outside active radar view. Now it just makes you place blueprints that are bigger than 112 in size over and over again until the whole blueprint is placed. I have radars placed every other chunk in my blueprint so that I can see the build progress. But I can't really use this feature for building big prints. Remote rail building is dead like this, which is almost always out of radar view when ghost placing. I thought that you had removed this restriction when you introduced this feature, but sadly, nope. I guess I'm going to have to use /c game.players[1].force.chart_all() all the time or just walk over there and place it with the alignment system instead, which does work outside activly scanned chunks. It doesn't make sense, doesn't 'balance' anything, just forces us to do weird annoying workarounds when dealing with big blueprints. :roll: :(
A lovely feature, brought to it's full potential with my new mod that can be used as a workaround for the annoyances that Fog of War does to blueprint placements on map view. Let me present to you: Clear Skies of Peace - Toggle Fog of War
A shortcut button and a hotkey (default F6) for toggling Fog of War. Now you can actually place blueprints anywhere on the map view without them being cut off and requiring multiple placements. Like having radars everywhere at no cost. Simple toggle so you can disable it anytime you are not placing blueprints on map in case you want to use radars primarily.
This is giving you a bit too much maybe, but it's better with a little bit of cheat than a half-implemented feature that you stub your toe on every time you try to use it. Now blueprint placement on the map is actually a fun and viable way to play the game.

Return to “Releases”