kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Version 0.11.16

Post by kovarex »

gnz wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:
gnz wrote:
kovarex wrote: [*]Fixed the selection priority, ghosts have lower selection priority than other objects now.
Could you clarify what the full selection priority order is? Is there any replacement that had the old behaviour of ghost-layer collision mask?
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 16&p=68422
That doesn't quite answer my question though. For context, the problem is proxy entities which needs to be highlighted or opened. With the limited API then that's the only way to do certain mods at the moment and this changes how it can be done in a negative way. I'm simply wondering if there is another collision mask that has no collision with other entities and is still selectable.
It might not be super smart, but we use the pragmatic ways of using the collision mask indexes to sort this out. (so tree is above resource, car above transport belt, etc).

Code: Select all

static const Type GROUND_TILE = 1 << 0;
  static const Type WATER_TILE = 1 << 1;
  static const Type RESOURCE_LAYER = 1 << 2;
  static const Type DOODAD_LAYER = 1 << 3;
  static const Type FLOOR_LAYER = 1 << 4;
  static const Type ITEM_LAYER = 1 << 5;
  static const Type GHOST_LAYER = 1 << 6;
  static const Type OBJECT_LAYER = 1 << 7;
  static const Type PLAYER_LAYER = 1 << 8;
  static const Type NOT_SETUP = 1 << 9;

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Why map upload starts at 60KB/s and then goes faster and faster? At the end it's 1MB/s and it could've been faster. Why upload does not start at max speed already?

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

hey guys this is my first update since 11.8, but my game won't start now it says it requires windows 7 sp1 :( is there anyway around this or do I have to get sp1?

07albi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 07albi »

onebit wrote:
Bart wrote:Can someone confirm multiplayer is working?
I played it last night and it worked OK. I had some problems placing and selecting things. It was as if my cursor was offset by a tile or so.
I had the same problem, it always occurred after I died. Saving the game and loading it back again solved the problem though.

Alekthefirst
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alekthefirst »

British_Petroleum wrote:hey guys this is my first update since 11.8, but my game won't start now it says it requires windows 7 sp1 :( is there anyway around this or do I have to get sp1?
if you have installed any updates since 2013, you probably have sp1
Factorio is a game about automating everything. One day, i hope i can automate shitty signatures just like this one.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

British_Petroleum wrote:hey guys this is my first update since 11.8, but my game won't start now it says it requires windows 7 sp1 :( is there anyway around this or do I have to get sp1?
If you don't want to install SP1(don't know why you wouldn't) then you can run the game in compatibility mode, any of the Windows Vista settings work.

onebit
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by onebit »

07albi wrote:
onebit wrote:
Bart wrote:Can someone confirm multiplayer is working?
I played it last night and it worked OK. I had some problems placing and selecting things. It was as if my cursor was offset by a tile or so.
I had the same problem, it always occurred after I died. Saving the game and loading it back again solved the problem though.
I had died, too.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

kovarex wrote:Fixed that the order of ingredients in the recipe was fixed. The order of ingredients depends on the order of definition in the prototype.
Mods using recipes with more than one fluid input/output might have the inputs in different order than before, which might be problem of compatibility
on existing maps, but it can be solved by updating the order of the ingredients in those mods (the same way we fixed that in the base)
Point of interest. The inputs order is now specified by the order the ingredients are entered in the recipe definition, However, the outputs order is still automatic.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

cpy wrote:Why map upload starts at 60KB/s and then goes faster and faster? At the end it's 1MB/s and it could've been faster. Why upload does not start at max speed already?
Because it has to start on some speed. That is the limitation of our transfer control algorithm and if we select higher speed then people with worse connection will get stalls at the beginning.

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

cube wrote:
cpy wrote:Why map upload starts at 60KB/s and then goes faster and faster? At the end it's 1MB/s and it could've been faster. Why upload does not start at max speed already?
Because it has to start on some speed. That is the limitation of our transfer control algorithm and if we select higher speed then people with worse connection will get stalls at the beginning.

That makes sense.. It is MUCH faster anyways now, I couldn't believe it the first time. I was super impressed :)

Great work Devs!

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

pennative wrote:I have been hitting refresh every hour for the past 5 days. Thank you for the great update. Keep up the great work!
You do know that this forum is an RSS feed... Just use an rss plugin for your favorite browser and you will get the news on time.

I've also been waiting for this for some time. I'm not playing MP but some SP fixes have improved my game (like train path-finding).
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

jockeril wrote: You do know that this forum is an RSS feed... Just use an rss plugin for your favorite browser and you will get the news on time.
Yes but these feeds are not really customisable ...

Liono2010
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Liono2010 »

kovarex wrote: [*]Fixed that the order of ingredients in the recipe was fixed. The order of ingredients depends on the order of definition in the prototype.
Mods using recipes with more than one fluid input/output might have the inputs in different order than before, which might be problem of compatibility
on existing maps, but it can be solved by updating the order of the ingredients in those mods (the same way we fixed that in the base)
This didn't worked for hydrogen-chloride in bobplates_0.7.6, changing the order of chlorine and hydrogen doesn't change the source order of machine.

Chronosfear
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chronosfear »

The fixed multiplayer works pretty much lag free for my me and my friend. ( playing coop over internet )
Also the map transfer time got way faster.
Great improvement on this one!

Finally we could continue our "marathon-mod" game.

Thank you guys. 8-)

Gouada
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gouada »

This isn't gamebreakinig, but all the modules look like they are a lower graphics quality than usual after this update. Did anyone else have this problem?
I play on Linux. Thank you!
No, I'm not a piece of cheese! :D

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

Gouada, same here!
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

Gouada wrote:This isn't gamebreakinig, but all the modules look like they are a lower graphics quality than usual after this update. Did anyone else have this problem?
I play on Linux. Thank you!
Ojelle wrote:Gouada, same here!
I had the same problem but fixed it by setting multisampling on X 8

Stx3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Stx3 »

WTF? after update factorio 11.16 i see this piece of shit:
---------------------------
Error
Unexpected error occurred. You can help us to solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
ОК
and what i want do with this? i dont see there error, no infornation about lua file or script, this is greatest bag of factorio core??
log
Last edited by Stx3 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

^you really need to work on your communication skills.

Return to “Releases”