Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.34

Post by Shingen »

Blokus wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:55 pm
Shingen wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:54 pm
i mean, if you just set something to be in the range of 100-100 (or whatever is the stack size for that item) then it will not create a new stack either...
Say you set 1k belts and you mine some belts up, then you have 11 stacks of belts tying up inventory space now. That can be mitigated by trash slots but then you still need to wait for bots to come fetch your trash.
no, it does not "can be mitigated", but WILL be mitigated, because if you set your max to 100 then those additional 10 stacks will end up in the trash slots automatically instantly.
and no, trash slots are not taking inventory space, so it's not an issue, unless you fill up all of your trash slots, which would require deconstructing over 3k belts, and even then it's just a temporary issue that you don't have to care about.
overall, that has nearly nothing to do with the topic at hand, being how to best set your logistic requests.
and even the Ranger_Aurelien's message before basically missed what i've written while "responding" to me.
sigh.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:03 pm
Blokus wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:55 pm
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:54 pm
i mean, if you just set something to be in the range of 100-100 (or whatever is the stack size for that item) then it will not create a new stack either...
Say you set 1k belts and you mine some belts up, then you have 11 stacks of belts tying up inventory space now. That can be mitigated by trash slots but then you still need to wait for bots to come fetch your trash.
no, it does not "can be mitigated", but WILL be mitigated, because if you set your max to 100 then those additional 10 stacks will end up in the trash slots automatically instantly.
and no, trash slots are not taking inventory space, so it's not an issue, unless you fill up all of your trash slots, which would require deconstructing over 3k belts, and even then it's just a temporary issue that you don't have to care about.
overall, that has nearly nothing to do with the topic at hand, being how to best set your logistic requests.
and even the Ranger_Aurelien's message before basically missed what i've written while "responding" to me.
sigh.
Sorry, apparently I haven't spent enough time with the new UI to notice that the max was a thing.

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:57 pm
most of the time, if i want to have about a full stack of something, i set the requests to something like from 80% or 90% of a stack size to one stack, so when bots deliver slightly more than the minimum, neither i get another stack, nor they have to fly all the way back to put it to some random storage chest that already had some of those.
overall that allowed range is set to minimize bots flying around trying to keep the perfect set value, because vanilla charging is crap, and once bots start backing up at one of the roboports it's a nuisance to solve
This only happens with logistics chests. Robots always deliver exactly the right number of items to fulfil the minimum you set for a personal logistics request.

And for a logistics chest, if you care that much about stacks, you can set it to exactly 3 less than a full stack (unless you have a mod) because the maximum number of items a robot can carry (if I recall correctly) is 4.

Shingen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shingen »

Omnifarious wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:10 am
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:57 pm
most of the time, if i want to have about a full stack of something, i set the requests to something like from 80% or 90% of a stack size to one stack, so when bots deliver slightly more than the minimum, neither i get another stack, nor they have to fly all the way back to put it to some random storage chest that already had some of those.
overall that allowed range is set to minimize bots flying around trying to keep the perfect set value, because vanilla charging is crap, and once bots start backing up at one of the roboports it's a nuisance to solve
This only happens with logistics chests. Robots always deliver exactly the right number of items to fulfil the minimum you set for a personal logistics request.

And for a logistics chest, if you care that much about stacks, you can set it to exactly 3 less than a full stack (unless you have a mod) because the maximum number of items a robot can carry (if I recall correctly) is 4.
right, i think they initially plan on delivering a whole max that they can handle, but during pickup they check how much you actually need and deliver that.
either way, my method lets me deconstruct some smaller areas without swarms of bots flying around me, and then construct them again without those resources staying in the trash slots.

Return to β€œReleases”