Version 0.18.34

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.18.34

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed desync related to non-deterministic transport belt merging order when multiple merges happen in the same tick. (79617)
  • Fixed alignment of number input entries.
  • Fixed that undo didn't remove deconstruction task to remove things in the way. (75923)
  • Fixed stray tooltip bug in the map generator window. (76640)
  • Fixed of saving control inputs related to mouse buttons 4+. (86285)
  • Fixed minor clipping issue. (86286)
  • Fixed that train fuel request were unreliable. (77805)
Gui
  • Windows with item and count to be selected have count/confirm buttons disabled when item is not yet selected.
  • Logistic request related item and count windows now have notched sliders for 0 to 10 stacks selection. Different numbers that are not multiplies of stacks can be still written into the textboxes.
  • Added an interface option to show both crafting and logistic windows in the character screen.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Natoler
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.34

Post by Natoler »

• Logistic request related item and count windows now have notched sliders for 0 to 10 stacks selection. Different numbers that are not multiplies of stacks can be still written into the textboxes.
I want to change the right end of the notched slider to infinity or 48 stacks.
I moved the slider all the way to the right and made a lot of requests.
Last edited by Natoler on Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meddleman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Meddleman »

Running 18.34 here, on latest beta in Steam.
The Flat GUI for Character/Logistics tabs isn't really implemented. This is running on a pre-18.34 save, so it might have to do with that. No mods.

Video is only 1.88MB in size, so its fairly mobile data friendly.
FlatGUI Not Really Implemented.mp4
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 320 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Meddleman wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:48 pm
Running 18.34 here, on latest beta in Steam.
The Flat GUI for Character/Logistics tabs isn't really implemented. This is running on a pre-18.34 save, so it might have to do with that. No mods.

Video is only 1.88MB in size, so its fairly mobile data friendly.

FlatGUI Not Really Implemented.mp4
It is intended to have `crafting` and `logistics` side by side, without logistics tab it works as always.

Meddleman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Meddleman »

Oof, my bad. Completely misunderstood the implementation :D

Episode922
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Episode922 »

Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:58 pm
Same here. i wish to have the old interface back.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Episode922 wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:57 pm
What do you mean by "old interface"?
Whether or not you have crafting and logistics side by side now is an interface option. You can set it to your preference.

Episode922
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Episode922 »

valneq wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:17 pm
Episode922 wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:57 pm
What do you mean by "old interface"?
Whether or not you have crafting and logistics side by side now is an interface option. You can set it to your preference.
I mean when logistic and trash were betwen inventory and crafting panels.
For me there is a lot of click or keystroke useless. I think the old interface allowed me to be more efficient.

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

The recent changes to GUI are really refinig it. Well done.
Thou the term β€žflat character GUIβ€œ is a bit confusing, maybe expanded character GUI would be more intuitive.

ignatio
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ignatio »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:04 am
Unfortunately I have to say this was a rather unpleasant change - it makes the sliders practically unusable. E.g. while processing units stacks in lots of 100, they are really expensive items. Why would I want to set a full stack in every requester chest when 5-10 is plenty enough to keep the chest supplied?

Another case is quickly sliding up the requests to "infinity" (either in the player logistics requests or requester chests) to suck up all the items in the network. With the old slider the right end was 10k, which is almost always enough for that. The new sliders are often much lower, and again I'm forced to manual entry instead.

I actually can't think of any situation where I think the stack size is relevant when I want to configure an item count. Why was this introduced?

Please reconsider this, or at least make it configurable. The old logarithmic sliders were really nice to nudge the count by a meaningful step regardless if it's single digits or in the thousands.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

ignatio wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:29 pm
Unfortunately I have to say this was a rather unpleasant change - it makes the sliders practically unusable. E.g. while processing units stacks in lots of 100, they are really expensive items. Why would I want to set a full stack in every requester chest when 5-10 is plenty enough to keep the chest supplied?

Another case is quickly sliding up the requests to "infinity" (either in the player logistics requests or requester chests) to suck up all the items in the network. With the old slider the right end was 10k, which is almost always enough for that. The new sliders are often much lower, and again I'm forced to manual entry instead.

I actually can't think of any situation where I think the stack size is relevant when I want to configure an item count. Why was this introduced?

Please reconsider this, or at least make it configurable. The old logarithmic sliders were really nice to nudge the count by a meaningful step regardless if it's single digits or in the thousands.
The stack size is highly relevant when setting personal logistic requests. I'd say that the majority of my usage of the slider comes from constantly changing the interface requests depending on the task that I'm doing. Having stack sizes easily changeable really makes this so much easier because you'd always want a complete stack of something.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

gloin wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:15 am
The stack size is highly relevant when setting personal logistic requests. I'd say that the majority of my usage of the slider comes from constantly changing the interface requests depending on the task that I'm doing. Having stack sizes easily changeable really makes this so much easier because you'd always want a complete stack of something.
I agree. I tend to want one of 4 things in my requests: 0, 1 stack, X stacks, or infinity. I never want "10,000". If I wanted 10,000 I'd want a full chest and infinity works for that.

For chests, when I want a specific number that number is what you get when you right/left click an assembler to a request chest.

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

5thHorseman wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:39 am
gloin wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:15 am
I agree. I tend to want one of 4 things in my requests: 0, 1 stack, X stacks, or infinity. I never want "10,000". If I wanted 10,000 I'd want a full chest and infinity works for that.

For chests, when I want a specific number that number is what you get when you right/left click an assembler to a request chest.
Inventory slots are limited, so it dosenβ€˜t make much sense (in most cases) to have anything but n stacks of items. Therefore the update is highly conveniant. requesting any specific number is still possible.

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hiladdar »

Sliders are nice, but even for personal logistics I will set some numbers like 48, if I want a stack of something and the item stacks to 50. Likewise I will use numbers such as 90, or 180. Reason for that, is I want there to be room in the stack to pick up one or two items, and not have a second stack.

Large numbers, in my case beyond 5k, I do use, but it is very infrequently, for when I want to control how much of a particular product is in a specific base. As long as I can enter those numbers in manually I am ok.

Based on how I play, my recommendation is for the slider setting to be between zero and about 10k, with the players having the ability "fat finger" manually enter other values.

Hiladdar

ignatio
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ignatio »

conn11 wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:21 am
Inventory slots are limited, so it dosenβ€˜t make much sense (in most cases) to have anything but n stacks of items.
True, it happens that slots is a factor for personal inventory and train wagons. I don't think it's most cases though - I most often twiddle item levels in requester chests and inserters that insert into chests, and the slots are practically never constrained then.

For personal inventory I certainly don't request a whole stack of things like speed/productivity modules 2 or 3. That would starve the factory for a long time - I've got much better things to do with those raw materials. Even things like engine units and electric engines are relatively too expensive for full stacks when the player first gets them, not to mention flying robot frames.

Also, it often worked fine to select full stacks with the old sliders, it's only that you e.g. couldn't slide directly to 3 stacks of an item with stack size 50.

I wouldn't mind some extra notches in the slider for full stacks, but it shouldn't take away the single and double digit notches (or the final "gimme everything" notch).

silasary
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by silasary »

Because robots frequently deliver in weird quantities - groups of 8 come to mind - I frequently find that if I request a full stack of something, I usually end up with 2-3 more than what I requested, consuming a second inventory slot for a tiny amount of overflow.

My solution to this is to request slightly less than a stack (45, or 95, for example), so that if I have a couple extra, I'm still only using one inventory slot.

Shingen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shingen »

most of the time, if i want to have about a full stack of something, i set the requests to something like from 80% or 90% of a stack size to one stack, so when bots deliver slightly more than the minimum, neither i get another stack, nor they have to fly all the way back to put it to some random storage chest that already had some of those.
overall that allowed range is set to minimize bots flying around trying to keep the perfect set value, because vanilla charging is crap, and once bots start backing up at one of the roboports it's a nuisance to solve

Ranger_Aurelien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ranger_Aurelien »

Shingen wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:57 pm
i set the requests to something like from 80% or 90% of a stack size to one stack
I do it because when I'm working on my base and I retrieve a few of something it will not automatically roll over to a new stack.
-
Ranger Aurelien
"Knowledge Brings Fear" -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama

Shingen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shingen »

Ranger_Aurelien wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:11 pm
i set the requests to something like from 80% or 90% of a stack size to one stack
I do it because when I'm working on my base and I retrieve a few of something it will not automatically roll over to a new stack.
i mean, if you just set something to be in the range of 100-100 (or whatever is the stack size for that item) then it will not create a new stack either...

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:54 pm
Ranger_Aurelien wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:11 pm
i mean, if you just set something to be in the range of 100-100 (or whatever is the stack size for that item) then it will not create a new stack either...
Say you set 1k belts and you mine some belts up, then you have 11 stacks of belts tying up inventory space now. That can be mitigated by trash slots but then you still need to wait for bots to come fetch your trash.

Return to β€œReleases”