FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.18.32

Post by FactorioBot »

Graphics
  • New beacon graphics.
Features
  • Changed fluid mixing to a simpler version that only checks when manually building most things.
  • Added a flush fluids button to the pipe, underground pipe, and storage tank entity GUIs.
Gui
  • Show only unlocked items in filter selection (inventory and quickbar) and logistic/trash requests. Other selections like signal selection/upgrade selection are not affected. New interface settings (off by default) bypasses this and allows the player to see all items as before.
  • When selecting an element from a slot that has already value, the selected value is now going to be highlighted with the related tab (if applicable) selected.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a few weird pixels in heat exchanger East sprites. (85069)
  • Fixed player mining animation had the backpack affected by the color mask. (85830)
  • Fixed mining drill status after disconnecting it from logistic network. (85836)
  • Fixed massive script time usage in Wave defense scenario after configuration changes. (85841)
  • Fixed that infinity GUI filters didn't list all items.
  • Fixed issue with upgrading ghost of assembler with pipes. (85905)
  • Fixed new electric mining drill was missing integration layer. (85923)
  • Fixed crash when unit group is destroyed while its goto behavior is being updated. (85883)
Modding
  • Changed beacon graphics definitions. Graphics are now defined in graphics_set prototype property. If graphics_set is not defined, old animation and base_picture properties will be loaded instead for limited backwards compatibility.
Scripting
  • Added LuaFluidBox::flush().
  • Added LuaPlayer::auto_sort_main_inventory read.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

guoguomiao
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.32

Post by guoguomiao »

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

I like the unlocked items GUI update! For new players it always keeps the air of suspense and excitement up so much when you don't know what all items the game has to offer, as was true for me as well.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

!remindme turn that setting off

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

Pretty cool update. One issue I found is that modules on the beacon skin (not overlay ones) tend to flicker when zoomed out and running. It's not always obvious but noticeable at night, when running diagonal.
beaconflicker.gif
beaconflicker.gif (6.74 MiB) Viewed 16386 times

jamezhall
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jamezhall »

First time playing Factorio on a Mac (Standalone version NOT steam)
I am getting the below message trying to update. It says that there is an update, but once you press Update Now it says:
Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 9.08.13 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 9.08.13 pm.png (96.53 KiB) Viewed 16357 times
Is it just a time thing? Am in Australia.

Hanakocz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hanakocz »

Can we get raised event when the flush button is used? Possibly with accessible amount and type of fluid flushed ?

Because honestly, this is just ultimate troll/griefing button for public servers...

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Hanakocz wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:40 am
Can we get raised event when the flush button is used? Possibly with accessible amount and type of fluid flushed ?

Because honestly, this is just ultimate troll/griefing button for public servers...
You can disable the permission for flushing in /permissions:
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Permission denied to flush the toilet.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

Who determines which versions of Factorio are available through steam? I have been on a specific version of the game (0.18.22) for a while now, but when I woke up this morning, steam says Factorio is queued for update. I check Properties, and under Betas, the "NONE, Opt out of all beta programs" is selected, and only versions 0.18.24 + are available. Is this something that Factorio devs decide, or is it decided by steam?

Edit: Also, when I go to try and play the game, The "Play" button has changed to "Update" with no other options. It seems like we're being forced to update to the latest experimental version. There's a specific reason I stay on a version that's a little older: to avoid the situation where a new update breaks things. I thought we were free to choose which version of Factorio we wanted to play on. I guess that has changed.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

badtouchatr wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:02 pm
Who determines which versions of Factorio are available through steam? I have been on a specific version of the game (0.18.22) for a while now, but when I woke up this morning, steam says Factorio is queued for update. I check Properties, and under Betas, the "NONE, Opt out of all beta programs" is selected, and only versions 0.18.24 + are available. Is this something that Factorio devs decide, or is it decided by steam?

Edit: Also, when I go to try and play the game, The "Play" button has changed to "Update" with no other options. It seems like we're being forced to update to the latest experimental version. There's a specific reason I stay on a version that's a little older: to avoid the situation where a new update breaks things. I thought we were free to choose which version of Factorio we wanted to play on. I guess that has changed.
Steam only allows us a certain number of beta versions, eventually we need to free up the slots.

Also we have never recommended or supported users sticking on old experimental versions, and we make no guarantee that we will make them available in perpetuity.
If you want to not worry about 'forced updates breaking things', we would recommend staying on Stable versions of the game.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

Klonan wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:39 pm
badtouchatr wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:02 pm

Steam only allows us a certain number of beta versions, eventually we need to free up the slots.

Also we have never recommended or supported users sticking on old experimental versions, and we make no guarantee that we will make them available in perpetuity.
If you want to not worry about 'forced updates breaking things', we would recommend staying on Stable versions of the game.
That figures. Well, guess I'll just be using the standalone version that I downloaded then, and just bypass steam altogether.

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

Seeing the new beacons in game they look pretty nice. Even better than the preview images from the latest FFF.

2 issues though:

overlap.PNG
overlap.PNG (659.53 KiB) Viewed 14667 times
this would be the perfect opportunity for showing modules in a second surface when alt mode is enabled (like already frequently suggested in the FFF)

horizontal vertical.PNG
horizontal vertical.PNG (670.09 KiB) Viewed 14667 times
the collision boxes are spaced evenly, the graphics look inhomogeneously. Wich is rather confusing.

Edit: grammar
Last edited by conn11 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

conn11 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:35 pm
this would be the perfect opportunity for showing modules in a second surface when alt mode is enabled (like already frequently suggested in the FFF)
What do you mean?

The new interface setting to show or not show which modules are inside the beacons when alt-mode is active?

Or do you mean surfaces different from "nauvis"?

Or something different?

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

valneq wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:53 pm
conn11 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:35 pm
What do you mean?

The new interface setting to show or not show which modules are inside the beacons when alt-mode is active?

Or do you mean surfaces different from "nauvis"?

Or something different?
Module beeing overlayered
Module beeing overlayered
A042B7F2-BB7F-45C9-86EB-FD7303D8FFF5.jpeg (47.98 KiB) Viewed 14494 times

In the example above (alt mode enabeld) the inserted module is partially hidden by the substation.
Since modules are now integrated into the new beacon design this behavior is perspective correct.
Readability on the other hand is compromised (especially for more or less likely cases with mixed modules)
I would expect alt mode to Show moduls clearly in any case, e.g. by different surface than nauvis.
As mentioned, this is mostly based on the discussion of FFF351.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

conn11 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:06 pm
I would expect alt mode to Show moduls clearly in any case, e.g. by different surface than nauvis.
In Factorio, "surface" is a technical term. You can think of it as locations that you can walk around in. The default surface is the planet "nauvis". Mods can use surfaces to take you to other planets, inside factory buildings or underground. But you are not talking about that.

What you want is the interface setting that was introduced alongside the new beacon. Go to "Settings" → "Interface" and adjust what you want to see in alt-mode:
beacon_in_altmode.jpg
beacon_in_altmode.jpg (77.47 KiB) Viewed 14476 times

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

valneq wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:14 pm
(...)
What you want is the interface setting that was introduced alongside the new beacon. Go to "Settings" → "Interface" and adjust what you want
(...)
Indeed, overlooked it. My bad.

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

I really like the new beacon design. I think it's a big improvement over the original, and an even bigger improvement over the previous design you considered. I do think Walkable Beacons and Down The Rabbit Hole make them better. Though I think the first of those two makes the hit-box too small.

I also think the flush mechanic is a far more elegant way of handling the fluid mixing problem than what you were doing before.

Thank you.

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

This update absolutely broke my over 300 hour train based Pyanodon run. I took advantage of the fact that fluids couldn't be mixed by having train stops that accepted up to 3 different fluids and since they couldn't mix, the correct pumps always emptied the tanks. Now I have probably 50 trains with mixed fluids and I have no idea how many of the stations are ruined, but it's a lot. Can't fluid pumps go back to preventing fluid mixing? I don't have space to make a station for each fluid.

This really sucks.

mrudat
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mrudat »

Are any of the new settings (or settings in general) interactable with by mods?

Eg. a mod that wants to show all possible items to the player, not just those that are unlocked?

Or alternatively, a mod that wants to avoid a given fluid being deleted? eg. pollution stored in liquid form.

Hmm. Perhaps an event (if one does not already exist) to be notified that some amount of fluid has just been deleted?

Return to “Releases”