Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.18.31

Post by FactorioBot »

Graphics
  • New electric mining drill graphics.
  • Tweaked electric mining drill icon to be a bit more colorful.
Minor Features
  • Hovering over the circuit network id in the entity circuit control window will now show a tooltip with the circuit network contents.
  • Added experimental Color Filters graphics option to attempt to improve accessibility for color-blind players.
  • The debug setting "show-time-usage" now 'line wraps' if it doesn't fit on screen vertically.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed crash when merging force that contained unit groups. (85549)
  • Fixed character preview being empty when the character is in a vehicle.
  • Fixed script error when trying to load old PvP save games. (85713)
  • Fixed setting vehicle driver/passenger to an offline player would crash the game. (85572)
  • Fixed 4th parameter of noise.terrace function was parsed as literal number but was used as noise program register index. (85710)
  • Fixed an issue with modded entities having an electric output flow limit of 0. (84963)
  • Fixed that furnace recipe auto-selection didn't work correctly with temperature ranges. (85561)
  • Fixed that LuaUnitGroup could be used while in an invalid destroyed state.
  • Fixed button for selecting signal or number would not switch from number to signal with left click. (85766)
Modding
  • Changed mining drill graphics definitions. Graphics are now defined using working visualizations contained in graphics_set and wet_mining_graphics_set prototype properties. If graphics_set is not defined, old animations property will be loaded instead for limited backwards compatibility, but other old graphics properties will be ignored.
  • Mods can now be loaded from directories with the name of the mod but no version number.
  • Added color_filters to utility-constants.
  • Input fluid box with connection set to output or input-output will not have volume forced down by recipe fluid ingredient amount.
Scripting
  • Added LuaSurface::show_clouds read/write.
  • Added LuaPlayer::stashed_controller_type read.
  • Added LuaBootstrap::register_on_entity_destroyed().
  • Added on_entity_destroyed event fired after an entity registered with LuaBootstrap::register_on_entity_destroyed() is destroyed.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

mikiqex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.31

Post by mikiqex »

Dude! I was just about getting back to work... The new drill looks brilliant.

Shingen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shingen »

Mods can now be loaded from directories with the name of the mod but no version number.
cool, finally!
but how about, you know, not requiring mods to be in a folder inside of another (zipped) folder at all?
i.e. i just can't understand why
abc_1.0.0.zip/abc_1.0.0/data.lua
which can now become
abc_1.0.0.zip/abc/data.lua
can't just become
abc_1.0.0.zip/data.lua

jan1i3
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jan1i3 »

Shingen wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:02 pm
Mods can now be loaded from directories with the name of the mod but no version number.
cool, finally!
but how about, you know, not requiring mods to be in a folder inside of another (zipped) folder at all?
i.e. i just can't understand why
abc_1.0.0.zip/abc_1.0.0/data.lua
which can now become
abc_1.0.0.zip/abc/data.lua
can't just become
abc_1.0.0.zip/data.lua
abc_1.0.0.zip/abc/data.lua was already possible before.
in fact it could have been abc_1.0.0.zip/foo/data.lua

mods can also be loaded from folders directly, and those can now exist without the version number
so what was abc_1.0.0/data.lua can now be abc/data.lua.

see https://wiki.factorio.com/Tutorial:Mod_ ... _structure
Also known as JanSharp. jan1i3 was/is my old name ;)

fighting.dreamer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fighting.dreamer »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:01 am
Hovering over the circuit network id in the entity circuit control window will now show a tooltip with the circuit network contents.
This is getting awesome, please add circuit network contents to "hover" tooltip for all constructions as well; some are still not showing it (train stations, chests, lights, etc...).

pre-1.0 looking better and better with each release, good work ;)

Shingen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shingen »

jan1i3 wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:24 pm
abc_1.0.0.zip/abc/data.lua was already possible before.
in fact it could have been abc_1.0.0.zip/foo/data.lua

mods can also be loaded from folders directly, and those can now exist without the version number
so what was abc_1.0.0/data.lua can now be abc/data.lua.
okay, i knew about using unzipped folders and checked that already. i just thought the folder inside of the zip is treated in the same way, given that literally all mods i have currently downloaded have that same name with a version number as the zip itself, and i've seen mods on github that changed their main folder name's number each version, effectively moving ALL their files to a folder of a different name, which seemed incredibly stupid*/screen-space-wasteful regarding any later version comparison.
damn, that just strengthens how unnecessary this folder is.

*to be clear I'm not calling those mod devs stupid, they most likely just aren't aware that they didn't need to do it.

Blacky007
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blacky007 »

is it normal that the Netzwork Numbers have the original color even if I use a Colorblind mod?
Schaltungsnetz_red_green.PNG
Schaltungsnetz_red_green.PNG (1.57 MiB) Viewed 14158 times
My color birthday was May 2nd 2020 - Thank you Enchroma

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Shingen wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:39 pm
i've seen mods on github that changed their main folder name's number each version, effectively moving ALL their files to a folder of a different name, which seemed incredibly stupid*/screen-space-wasteful regarding any later version comparison.
To me, it makes sense to let the folder inside the zip file have the same name as the zip file (including the version number) because I may have different versions of the mod open for editing. This makes it a bit easier not to get lost between versions (e.g. when looking at an older version for reference). When I'm done, I just zip the folder and upload; when I start working on the next version, I unpack the last zip file and just rename the new folder to the next version.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Blacky007
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blacky007 »

I have huge FPS drops for 8-10 UPS less when doing or undoing a construktion robos order for about 190 elements
anyone else this issue?
My color birthday was May 2nd 2020 - Thank you Enchroma

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

#bringBackTheOldDrill

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

Added experimental Color Filters graphics option to attempt to improve accessibility for color-blind players.
Nice. Is it modable?
Added on_entity_destroyed event fired after an entity registered with LuaBootstrap::register_on_entity_destroyed() is destroyed.
Is this the long and often requested ability to get informed whenever an entity is removed from the surface even if that is done by the scenario editor or another mod's script?
Is it suitable for tracking hundreds of entities?
That would make managing compound entities a lot less quirky.

someone1337
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by someone1337 »

Modding
  • Mods can now be loaded from directories with the name of the mod but no version number.
Easily the best change ever.
SuperSandro2000 wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:51 pm
#bringBackTheOldDrill
You meant the crops watering system?

tylere
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tylere »

I really, really dislike the new mining drill model.

It covers up the belt nearly totally and reduces visual clarity.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

tylere wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:05 pm
"Nearly totally" is a serious exaggeration. In the screenshot you provided, you can still easily see the iron ore on the belt – and that it is not compressed, yet. When the iron ore is moving, it is even easier to see what is going on on the belt. The static picture makes it artificially more difficult to see.

Additionally, in your screenshot you have the overlay from bottleneck. These indicators tell you exactly which miners are working and which are not (and for what reason). When you furthermore look at the belt compression at the end, this is everything you possibly need to know about your mining outpost. Why do you want/need to see every pixel of the belt inside the mining outpost?

[edit] I personally play without bottleneck and without the yellow arrows for miners, because I don't think they add anything. It is usually easy enough to deduce the state of a machine by just looking at its animations and the belts and pipes around it.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Oktokolo wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:10 pm
Is this the long and often requested ability to get informed whenever an entity is removed from the surface even if that is done by the scenario editor or another mod's script?
Yes.
Is it suitable for tracking hundreds of entities?
Yes, it has the same (tiny) cost to register/handle an entity when there's 0 or 5 or 5 million.
That would make managing compound entities a lot less quirky.
That's a large portion of why it was added.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Note that registered entities are global, not per mod. So when the event is raised, you will have to check that the unit number and/or registration ID is for an entity your mod cares about.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

valneq wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:44 pm
tylere wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:05 pm
"Nearly totally" is a serious exaggeration. In the screenshot you provided, you can still easily see the iron ore on the belt – and that it is not compressed, yet. When the iron ore is moving, it is even easier to see what is going on on the belt. The static picture makes it artificially more difficult to see.

Additionally, in your screenshot you have the overlay from bottleneck. These indicators tell you exactly which miners are working and which are not (and for what reason). When you furthermore look at the belt compression at the end, this is everything you possibly need to know about your mining outpost. Why do you want/need to see every pixel of the belt inside the mining outpost?

[edit] I personally play without bottleneck and without the yellow arrows for miners, because I don't think they add anything. It is usually easy enough to deduce the state of a machine by just looking at its animations and the belts and pipes around it.
Not to mention that the bottleneck indicators are now made redundant by the built-in indicator on the new miner model.

I for one really, really like the new mining drill model.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

invisus wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:58 pm
Not to mention that the bottleneck indicators are now made redundant by the built-in indicator on the new miner model.
I thought these new indicators were only in the new miners? So bottleneck would be redundant just for them, not for assemblers, furnaces, etc. Is that correct?
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Pi-C wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:09 pm
invisus wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:58 pm
I thought these new indicators were only in the new miners? So bottleneck would be redundant just for them, not for assemblers, furnaces, etc. Is that correct?
Yes. Still, I play without bottleneck. I don't like these overlays. Setting bottleneck not to show anying for working machines (instead of green circle) makes it bearable, but still … looking out for non-moving machines is more immersive in my opinion.

tylere
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tylere »

In any case, bottleneck doesn't actually overlap with the belts AT ALL. Not one single pixel.

Return to β€œReleases”