Version 0.18.15

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.18.15

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • ENTER key can now be used to confirm the small "Set request" pop-up windows.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that defines.gui_type was missing some values. (82493)
  • Fixed tabs not changing correctly in the item select gui for train circuit/item/fluid conditions. (82522)
  • Fixed that deleting blueprints didn't work in some cases. (82511)
  • Fixed a crash related to fast-replacing character entities through mods. (82453)
  • Fixed that the "watch your step" achievement wouldn't show the achievement popup. (82015)
  • Fixed script error when starting the mini-tutorials. (82496)
  • Possibly fixed setting up heavily edited blueprints could drop players in multiplayer. (75542)
  • Fixed that the graph in statistics GUI wouldn't show some data series if the search was being used. (82497)
Scripting
  • Serpent now uses 0 instead of nil as a placeholder in case of cyclic references. This will help prevent some specific desyncs with custom scenario or mod scripts.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

jmurrayufo
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.15

Post by jmurrayufo »

ENTER key can now be used to confirm the small "Set request" pop-up windows.
Huzza for fast turn around QOL!

gacekssj4
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gacekssj4 »

Opening this post, i had hope its soon and feeling its too soon..
FFF#339 wrote:There are many things I didn't say about this process of redesign, but I had to keep them out because this post is already very long. I hope it was interesting to you. In future releases, very soon, you’ll be able to play with it.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

I found that Factorio put al lot of load to CPU even when in pause mode on the Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3
Running Factorio also puts heavy load on a MacBook Pro, a pretty advanced machine thought

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:24 pm
ENTER key can now be used to confirm the small "Set request" pop-up windows.
this is such an improvement and convenience, should really work ony any Pop-Up.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

brunzenstein wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:06 pm
I found that Factorio put al lot of load to CPU even when in pause mode on the Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3
Running Factorio also puts heavy load on a MacBook Pro, a pretty advanced machine thought

Usually just zoom in as far as possible and pausing helps lower CPU usage while paused.

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hiladdar »

I have noticed the same, an increase of CPU usage when zooming out, especially on a large map.

Hiladdar

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

MakeItGraphic wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:13 am

Usually just zoom in as far as possible and pausing helps lower CPU usage while paused.
If you look at the picture I provided you will find that the small screenshot shows Factorio in pause mode still eating 20% CPU usage, also both picts show a view zoomed in.

Dribo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dribo »

Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:52 pm

If you look at the picture I provided you will find that the small screenshot shows Factorio in pause mode still eating 20% CPU usage, also both picts show a view zoomed in.
If you have 4 cores, factorio is using 5% CPU. Just FYI. Activity Monitor on MacOS is quite weird in that regard. Notice the % available resources in the bottom of the Application does not match up otherwise. On the 40% screenshot u have 85% available CPU

Edit: This is because 100% = one core. 20% real-world usage would therefor require 20% * (i assume 4 cores) = 80%
Last edited by Dribo on Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lduncan444
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lduncan444 »

Can confirm, 18.15 has a definite performance related bug. My current base is barely past the point where I first launched a rocket. Nowhere near the megabases I have built in the past. The lag is unbearable. Am downgrading to 18.13 now.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

lduncan444 wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:49 pm
Can confirm, 18.15 has a definite performance related bug. My current base is barely past the point where I first launched a rocket. Nowhere near the megabases I have built in the past. The lag is unbearable. Am downgrading to 18.13 now.
If you think there's some performance issue (we haven't changed anything around performance in any of the recent minor releases) then you have to provide a save file showing it running fine in one version and slow in another.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Same for me. Factorio gets hiccups even a mid game is reached.

lduncan444
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lduncan444 »

Scratch that. I just rebooted my Mac Mini and 18.5 appears to be running fine now. Am getting a full 60 FPS/UPS now. It was definitely laggy before, but a reboot fixed it. Weird.

Thanks for the updates! Especially the one where you can hit enter to make the logistics requests save!

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:52 pm

meh, I'm on Windows no problems when zoomed in. Save file is only 7mbs though.
Attachments
pause.PNG
pause.PNG (89.66 KiB) Viewed 10715 times

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Rseding91 wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:51 pm
If you think there's some performance issue (we haven't changed anything around performance in any of the recent minor releases) then you have to provide a save file showing it running fine in one version and slow in another.
@Rseding91 You hit the right spot exactly in the middle!

- The hiccups and lags have nothing to do with the latest update.

I noticed this time lag since many former versions.
Fact is: The problem exists on the Mac.

I cannot understand and is prove that something is wrong with the Mac version that Factorio uses even on a pretty fast MacBook Pro full upgraded and running the most current OS Catalina 10.15.3 more the 20% CPU in idle pause mode!

XkyDiver
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by XkyDiver »

It drives me nuts that I can no longer perform Logistics requests while moving!

Previously, I could be running from one part of my base to the other, click on a logistics tab, set the request and the sliders using only the mouse, and continue moving with the WASD keys.

Now, clicking on a slot in the Logistics tab completely halts player movement.

To further make the issue worse, the old way of requesting allowed a player to set the request amount and then click out of the area to set the request. Now, a player is forced to click the green checkbox to set the request!

Compare this situation, with the current vanilla:

Put down a Constant Combinator. Run around the combinator using WASD, but open the combinator's interface and set a few signals. Click a slot, slick the item/signal for the slot, adjust with the mouse, and click outside the UI window. You never have to stop moving!

Now, open your Logistics tab. Run around using WASD, but then click a slot to request logsitics. Oh. You've stopped moving. Click the item you want to request in the slot, but then click the mouse anywhere outside the adjuster that isn't the green check box. Oh. The request is canceled.

This feels like a lot of potential, but it needs adjustment!!

Shingen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shingen »

XkyDiver wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:33 pm
Now, a player is forced to click the green checkbox to set the request!
wrong
FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:24 pm
  • ENTER key can now be used to confirm the small "Set request" pop-up windows.

PS: from FFF#338 topic:
Shingen wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:59 pm
I only hope it will be enough to press Enter after inputting numbers, so we don't have to actually find the button with our cursors :p
heh

XkyDiver
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by XkyDiver »

The process still does not allow a player to move while setting Logistic slots, and clicking off of the sliders window will close the slot without setting a request, unlike the previous behavior of setting slots on a Constant Combinator.

"heh" or not, there is an additional step that I have to take to set a Logistic request--be it moving the mouse over to click the check box or moving my other hand off of WASD to reach either of the Enter keys--that was not previously present. My complaint still stands.

Return to β€œReleases”