Information about releases and roadmap.
ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.13

Post by ManaUser »

FactorioBot wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:07 pm
  • Removed the utility slots (to create blueprint, book etc) from blueprint library as it is now available directly through quick tools menu.
Not sure what I think of this one... I was used to getting them from the library, and I don't see how it does any harm to have them available in two places.

Merssedes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Merssedes »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Allowed to choose whether train fuel should be included in a blueprint.
So now robots can load fuel into trains while placing it on rails?

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dockmeister »

Merssedes wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:32 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
  • Allowed to choose whether train fuel should be included in a blueprint.
So now robots can load fuel into trains while placing it on rails?
Since the patch which allowed you to blueprint trains, robots were able to fuel trains according to the blueprint.
With this change you can remove fuel from the blueprint via checkbox, likes "Tiles" or "Entities"

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

The GUI overhaul is working as great as to be expected from the fff. Two things comming to mind:

1) all the unsused space in the character tab would be perfect to implement more toggleable modules (belt immunity, night vision, PLDs). Preferably with some new shortcuts.

2) Maybe a reset button next to the color sliders, to easily return to the default [221;127;33] engineer.

Shoooter13
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shoooter13 »

To be honest, everything seems to be normal, but you can’t see at all what can be crafted and what is not, there is no background illumination of what can be crafted, only the numbers on these items are visible, it was better seen before. Have to do a mod.
Last edited by Shoooter13 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

SchniSchnaSchnuck
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SchniSchnaSchnuck »

What I don't like about the new character GUI is that i have to change tabs all the time between crafting and logistics. In this regard usability was a lot better in the old version

Shoooter13
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shoooter13 »

SchniSchnaSchnuck wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:58 pm
What I don't like about the new character GUI is that i have to change tabs all the time between crafting and logistics. In this regard usability was a lot better in the old version
+1 too many clicks

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

I LIKE THE NEW GUI A LOT INDEED! :D

bombcar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bombcar »

I like it! Almost feels like “dark mode”.

Only issues I’ve noticed are the disabled items (can’t craft) are harder to distinguish - dark red vs dark black is kind of close - maybe faded also like before?

The other thing is setting logistics on a requestor chest is annoying - I keep clicking outside the window that pops up assuming it will “save” instead of clicking the green checkbox.

frostig
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by frostig »

the visability for the recipes is rather bad since the update. beside that i like it.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

I preferred the old style of empty grey boxes over the rubber squares.
Any chance we could get an option or a mod to revert that part of the design?

burninghey
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by burninghey »

how to add a user defined deconstruction plan to the toolbar now?

I'm used to have a deconstruction planner in toolbar for trees only, or turrets, or whatever ..

edit: nevermind. copied the standard one into toolbar

herkalurk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by herkalurk »

Why did we have to remove the ability to create a blueprint, from the blueprint menu? I'm not sure how it's helpful that when you hit B only the ability to create a blueprint book is available. Alt+B is OK, but why need an extra key?

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

herkalurk wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:17 pm
Why did we have to remove the ability to create a blueprint, from the blueprint menu? I'm not sure how it's helpful that when you hit B only the ability to create a blueprint book is available. Alt+B is OK, but why need an extra key?
I find the current solution perfect

herkalurk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by herkalurk »

brunzenstein wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:22 pm
herkalurk wrote:
I don't find it unperfect, but grouping all of the blueprint options together under a menu opened by the B key seemed simple and elegant to me, as opposed to only separate key commands for each time (blueprint, upgrade, deconstruct).

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

burninghey wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:29 pm
how to add a user defined deconstruction plan to the toolbar now?

I'm used to have a deconstruction planner in toolbar for trees only, or turrets, or whatever ..

edit: nevermind. copied the standard one into toolbar
As soon as you put a DP in the quick bar, you can edit (user defined deconstruction plan) the DP to your hearts content

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

herkalurk wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:25 pm
brunzenstein wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:22 pm
herkalurk wrote:
I don't find it unperfect, but grouping all of the blueprint options together under a menu opened by the B key seemed simple and elegant to me, as opposed to only separate key commands for each time (blueprint, upgrade, deconstruct).
I sign that

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

I am quite happy with the new GUI look and feel.
But: Is it modable? Can we replace the backgrounds, alter margins and change colors or even fonts of existing ingame dialogues?
GUI theming mods would be a nice category to have.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Oktokolo wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:21 pm
I am quite happy with the new GUI look and feel.
But: Is it modable? Can we replace the backgrounds, alter margins and change colors or even fonts of existing ingame dialogues?
GUI theming mods would be a nice category to have.
The entire set of GUI graphical elements - buttons, corners, frames - is contained in a single sprite sheet. The game can only refer to one of these gui element template files at once. Theoretically you could replace it with your own one, but it would be days/weeks of work to do anything more involved than tinting the whole thing pink.

Many of the default styles (for things like margins, padding, font sizes, font colours, button tints etc.) have always been editable by mods, but there are some elements of game GUIs which aren't accessible, I'm guessing because their styles are generated at runtime. A small subset of those GUI elements, mostly tints and transparency levels of things like crafting buttons, are moddable en masse through specific utility constants.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

LuziferSenpai wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:59 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
Removed the utility slots (to create blueprint, book etc) from blueprint library as it is now available directly through quick tools menu.
Pls add support for Custom RGB and other Style like no Background and images for the quickbar! Otherwise you will break a lot of mods and dont give them a nice option for custom Tools.
Does that mean all custom selection tools need to implement an extra button in the overcrowded shortcut menu now? That would be rather unfortunate for things that aren't used that often (i.e. a screenshot area selection tool).
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Releases”