Version 0.11.12

Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.11.12

Post by kovarex »

Fixed mainly smaller annoyances, for next release I will try to concentrate on solving the non smooth fps problems(https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=4844).
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed building collision check of car/trains.
    • Fixed that offline players in multiplayer were receiving alerts that were never cleared, so their alert
      counts were increasing forever. This not only increased save game size, but increased the CRC calculation time as well.
    • Crc calculation time was heavily optimised and is calculated only for online players.
    • Fixed that inserters could take items from flying robots. This also disables control-clicking robots to steal their items,
      but it was not intended feature anyway.
    • Fixed the logistics request text box. (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=8002)
    • Changed default logistic request amount for few items to be different (10) than the stack amount (modules + alien artifacts).
    • Fixed the problem of the shaking frame of the assembling machine (and possibly other) entities in the gui preview.
    • Fixed the shaking image of burner mining drill.
    • Fixed the reversed manual controls of train when driving backwards in some cases.
    • Fixed the splitter drawing in blueprint preview.
    • Gates open in time (depends on the speed) for cars/tanks.
    • Proper processing of save loading errors. The error message is shown instead of the crash.
    • Fixed crashes when trying to set invalid style to gui elements from script/console.
    • Changed stack sizes of battery/energy shield to 50 so it can be built in assembling machine without getting stuck.
    • Changed recipe of power armor (less processing units/steel) so it can be automated more easily as well.
    • Fixed the occasional crash when some of the internal Factorio directories/files were read-only.
    • Fixed that the enemy turrets were attacking in the peaceful mode.
    • The logfile contains more specific OS info (currently extended only for windows).
    • The game is automatically closed with notification when the service pack on windows 7 is missing.
    • Fixed gui error in the mod settings. (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=6947)
    • Fixed the bug with construction robots following vehicles outside of roboport area (again).
    • Fixed that inserter could stretch for wrong wagon when facing a rail curve. (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=6391)
    • Fixed crash related to connecting tight train wagons or high-speed train crashes.
    • Fixed crash related to loading save with entities that need to be removed (mod removal/change), while other mod target these entities.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

x10sion
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.12

Post by x10sion »

damn! another update! keep it up....eagerly keeping an eye on official dedicated servers :)

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

Thank you for making weekend plans for me.. I was worried I would have to interact with the outside world :lol:

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Gates open in time (depends on the speed) for cars/tanks.
Yay!
Waste of bytes : P

spazza360
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by spazza360 »

Great to see some more multiplayer optimisations in this update. Can't wait for the 0.12.x release :D Keep up the awesome work guys!

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Thanks Kovarex!! Sadly I don't have enough time next week to play. stupid school^^

Cloner
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cloner »

kovarex wrote: [*]Changed stack sizes of battery/energy shield to 50 so it can be built in assembling machine without getting stuck.
[*]Changed recipe of power armor (less processing units/steel) so it can be automated more easily as well.
The stuck problem is now gone from vanilla but can still present in moded recepies :( Alowing inserter to temporary exceed stack size in assembler would solve it for mods as well.

psihius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by psihius »

Okay guys, looks like the wagons got broken all over the place.

Pick a wagon, place it on rails connecting to a locomotive. Gamefreze. Alt + Ctrl + Del -> End Task (Or windows kills it by 30 second timeout).

Win, x64.

Unplayable :(

Bugreport with a save file incoming.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

For what is the rocket flight tech??? Big Mega Orbit base?
And the new shotgun grapics is cool!

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Piranha wrote:Thank you for making weekend plans for me.. I was worried I would have to interact with the outside world :lol:
Hehe this made me laugh. :D
Great job on all the bug fixes guys! Though I am a little worried about what psihius mentioned in regards to train cars and crashing. :o
Image Image Image

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Piranha wrote:Thank you for making weekend plans for me.. I was worried I would have to interact with the outside world :lol:
Factorio is the real world, right?

Gonozal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gonozal »

psihius wrote:Okay guys, looks like the wagons got broken all over the place.

Pick a wagon, place it on rails connecting to a locomotive. Gamefreze. Alt + Ctrl + Del -> End Task (Or windows kills it by 30 second timeout).

Win, x64.

You're right, but there is a way around that (Win7, x64).

The game only seems to freeze when the "ghost" of a train part you want to place connects/overlaps with the same part that's already placed. You can still place trains by making sure you only have one of whatever you want to place in your inventory and then place it. For multiple cargo wagons on the same train, place them disconnected from each other and then manually connect them.

It's a bit of a hassle to make it work, but at least you can continue playing this way.
Last edited by Gonozal on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Win, x64.

Win x64, no crash. Works fine for me.
It freeze when wagons overlap.

Cloner
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cloner »

Gonozal wrote:

You're right, but there is a way around that (Win7, x64).

The game only seems to freeze when the "ghost" of a train part you want to place connects/overlaps with the same part that's already placed. You can still place trains by making sure you only have one of whatever you want to place in your inventory and then place it.
So what crashes the game is hovering the second wagon, not placing the first one ?

Game is unplayable ... rolling back to 11.11

coolidge
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by coolidge »

it freezes for me when i place a locomotive, anywhere. tried thrice.

Jaridan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jaridan »

why do we need Service Pack 1 on win7 all of a sudden? I've not seen any game, even big AAA games, to require the SP1 on win7?

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

Yup. The freeze occurs when you hover wagon over wagon. Though I've managed to assemble train moving my mouse carefully.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

razz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by razz »

I'm also getting the carriage bug, however, I am unable to place a carriage at all, But this may be becasue I have more than 1 in my inventory, i.e. when I place one the other becomes immediately available and overlaps the one I just placed, causing it to cash :(

hexenhammer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hexenhammer »

I updated, put new tracks down and dropped a train down and the game immediately locked up. I had to crash the game to get out of it and reboot the game.

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

Wasn't 0.11.11 -> 0.11.12 supposed to fix the UAC (i user account control? the popup saying it needs admin)

Return to “Releases”