Version 0.18.2

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.18.2

Post by FactorioBot »

Graphics
  • Improved map colors by adding specific colors to beacons, pipes, heat pipes, roboports and steam engines.
Sounds
  • New or updated sound effects include:
  • Pump, pumpjack, boiler, heat pipe, offshore pump, substation.
  • Logistic and construction robots, roboport.
  • Train.
  • Rocket takeoff sequence.
  • Car and tank (pitch scaling adjusted to sound more natural).
  • All transport belts, splitters, inserters, assembling machines, power switch.
  • Added some UI sounds that were missing.
  • Shotgun, small explosions.
  • Entity destroyed alert.
  • New sound tech includes:
  • Listener position set to centre of screen by default. This will allow you to hear what you see even when in map mode.
  • The ability to turn off the Doppler effect in Lua, used for the Substation so far.
  • environment-audible-distance setting increased to 30 so you can hear entities a bit further away.
  • zoom-volume-coefficient changed so you can hear more of the world when you zoom out. This will help with combat and give a greater sense of the overall factory.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that pressing escape in some log-in screens lead to blank screen or incorrect states. (80282)
  • Fixed enemy walls should not render as connected to ghosts, since enemy ghosts are not visible. (80323)
  • Fixed undo on self-looped combinator ghosts not restoring wires. (77347)
  • Fixed achievement cards not showing description when descriptions are turned off in interface settings.
  • Fixed that inserters from 0.17 save files could end up teleporting items into/from trains. (80276)
  • Fixed that the sync mods with save GUI wouldn't size correctly. (80389)
  • Fixed that thrown capsules could end up broken forever if thrown at exactly the right tick. (80395)
  • Fixed crash when using "create-entity" trigger effect item to create an artillery flare. (80405)
  • Fixed map view night LUT. (80319)
  • Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when a biter, who was in previous versions of the game aggroed by a player in a car or tank, was aggroed again. (80326)
  • Fixed crash when joining a game through Steam without having previously logged in.
Modding
  • Migrating loaders between loader and loader-1x1 will maintain the loader type (input/output). (80384)
Scripting
  • Added LuaSurface::create_particle().
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::inserter_pickup_position and inserter_drop_position read.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Tankh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.2

Post by Tankh »

Heat pipes have sound?

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

Tankh wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:26 pm
Heat pipes have sound?
The sound of glowing. Makes me shiver in enjoyment.

maniak1349
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by maniak1349 »

FactorioBot wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:42 pm
  • Improved map colors by adding specific colors to beacons, pipes, heat pipes, roboports and steam engines.
So it seems that this change added specific map_color values to those entities. And that in turn seems to mean that changing friendly_map_color or enemy_map_color will do nothing now. Am I correct and is it supposed to be like that?

thatguy321
Inserter
Inserter

Post by thatguy321 »

Thanks for all the hard work! But please, please, please let me disable the transport belt sound effect. It makes the game unplayable.
"I have come here to smelt iron ore and kick biter ass.....and I'm all out of iron ore." -me

AirForce1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AirForce1 »

thatguy321 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:03 pm
Thanks for all the hard work! But please, please, please let me disable the transport belt sound effect. It makes the game unplayable.
Agree. Please mute, change disable or whaever to not heat that annoying belt sound. It sounds like broken fridge :(

AirForce1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AirForce1 »

Any chance to geat old sounds back beside to downgrade because its not an solution because sooner or later that bad sounds will be part of game. So I hope you will not implement that annoying sounds. Factories, warning sound and especially sond of belts. Anlso the inserters sound was better.

NickKsh
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NickKsh »

Thank you for your hard work! But can we have an option to disable new sound effects?
New belt sound effects are really annoying. I can't play more than 15 minutes with it. I've got headache from it... :cry:

BattleFluffy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BattleFluffy »

zoom-volume-coefficient changed so you can hear more of the world when you zoom out. This will help with combat and give a greater sense of the overall factory.
Thankyou :>
Really looking forward to checking out these new sound effects! Especially doppler shift... so cool !

bluerock
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bluerock »

I wonder if some are confusing the belt sound with the inserter sound? To me the belt sound is a very gentle white noise whereas the inserter sounds like knife being sharpened on a stone which I don't like. I like the new assembler sounds. Edit: At first I only listened to the yellow belts/ yellow inserters. After listening to the faster belts and inserters it appears (at least to me) that the faster belt sounds are a bit more annoying than the yellow belts but the faster inserter sounds are less annoying than the yellow inserters.

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

AirForce1 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:29 pm
Any chance to geat old sounds back beside to downgrade because its not an solution because sooner or later that bad sounds will be part of game. So I hope you will not implement that annoying sounds. Factories, warning sound and especially sond of belts. Anlso the inserters sound was better.
After seeing all of these reactions, I fired up a map and walked around to the various items (belts, inserters, etc). Sure the sounds are different, but they seem fine. The belts are more subtle than before if anything, and the sound scales with the belt speed as well.
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

thatguy321
Inserter
Inserter

Post by thatguy321 »

malventano wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:49 pm
AirForce1 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:29 pm
After seeing all of these reactions, I fired up a map and walked around to the various items (belts, inserters, etc). Sure the sounds are different, but they seem fine. The belts are more subtle than before if anything, and the sound scales with the belt speed as well.
Of course everyone has different tastes, but there is a certain element to the new transport belt sound that has a little higher pitch and it is very unpleasant.
"I have come here to smelt iron ore and kick biter ass.....and I'm all out of iron ore." -me

FMRx
Inserter
Inserter

Post by FMRx »

oohhhh many mods will be crashed with 0.18.2 :)

Divran
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Divran »

I'm gonna have to agree with other people here, the new transport belt sounds have a very high pitch screech in the background which makes it unbearable. This needs to be removed or I will be forced to play with factorio muted for the rest of time.

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hiladdar »

Round 2 of the mod breaking stuff. But on the positive, we were warned, and I'm glad it is happening now in this release cycle, earlier rather then later.

Hiladdar

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

I very much like the majority of the new sounds, especially the new roboport and bot stuff.

But the red and blue belts are deep, deep into dentist's drill territory. Have already modded them out. The yellow belt is tolerable.

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

Tankh wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:26 pm
Heat pipes have sound?
Just turn on the toaser and listen how heat pipes crack

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

Just walked my factory the past hour with maxed out enviromental sounds; music, wind, etc turned down. I do like the vast majority of the sound reworks, e.g. the rocket launch, with the much more "massive" feeling silo doors and all of the offshore, heatpipe and turbine alterations. My nuclear power plants do sound now like proper heavy industry.
As stated before all robot related stuff is refreshing and the possibility to differentiate between different tiers of inserters, splitters ... is quite nice. Personally I find the new express belt pitch okay, but also can comprehense why it could be on the more unbearable side for some.
My only complaint: the new entity destroyed chim feels quite off. Of all its iterations I did like the pinging and claxon alerts from the times of the blue power ranger most.

thecatlover1996
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by thecatlover1996 »

FactorioBot wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:42 pm
Sounds
  • New or updated sound effects include:
  • Pump, pumpjack, boiler, heat pipe, offshore pump, substation.
Is it just me, or is there some indentation missing for the items in the "Sounds" list?

Antyradek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Antyradek »

All the new sounds are absolutely amazing.
I liked the previous Assembling Machine 3 more, though.
Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang

Return to “Releases”