Version 0.17.70

Information about releases and roadmap.
User avatar
eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 3770
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:03 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.70

Post by eradicator » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:30 pm

wheybags wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:27 pm
coreyt wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:13 am
The new Mac signing seems to work on the version 0.17.70 downloaded from the web site.

Running macOS Catalina with the new security features. Downloaded 0.17.69, extracted and double clicked the app. Mac said developer can't be verified and offered to trash it. With 0.17.70, the was a dialog stating that it was downloaded from the internet. Selecting open runs OK.
\o/ hallelujah!
Someone forgot to update the download page description ;).
macOS (64 bit .dmg)
compatible with macOS High Sierra, Sierra, OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks
Author of: Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Hotkey 2.0
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

User avatar
Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 3967
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.70

Post by Klonan » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:51 pm

eradicator wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:30 pm
Someone forgot to update the download page description ;).
macOS (64 bit .dmg)
compatible with macOS High Sierra, Sierra, OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks
Its not stable yet, will update once it is

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 4014
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.70

Post by posila » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:02 pm

Klonan wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:51 pm
Its not stable yet, will update once it is
When you do, also remove Mavericks, please. Factorio doesn't run on it since 0.17.0

foamy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:14 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.70

Post by foamy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:21 pm

eradicator wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:54 pm
Koub wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:06 pm
conn11 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:44 pm
Following the recent notable increase in consumption of walls and laser turrets, the biters seems to stress my defenses adaequatly more.
I guess I'll have to play without biters starting from now, or at least to tune them significantly down - and hurry to get the achievements I lack before I upgrade.
What happens if you just downgrade to 0.15.x or something where peaceful mode was still allowed?
That would adequatley demonstrate that achievements are bullshit :D.
Peaceful mode's still an option in the settings as of .17. As is turning off biter expansion and so on.

MageKing17
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.70

Post by MageKing17 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:07 pm

Jon8RFC wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:20 am
On the flip side, I imagine that creating artificial bottlenecks could now become extremely (inappropriately?) useful. If that works out, that may be too much of an accidental defensive buff paired with the belt interaction change here:
https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-283
...? How does "biters can actually cross belts now" result in a defensive buff?

User avatar
Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 3:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.70

Post by Jon8RFC » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:15 pm

Not getting stuck on belts isn't a buff, not at all. The key is being combined with the new non-collision mechanism. It makes me wonder if it could be used to comfortably funnel aliens into a narrow and focused kill zone. A bottleneck surrounded by walls.
Image

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2049
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.70

Post by Jap2.0 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:42 pm

eradicator wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:54 pm
Koub wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:06 pm
conn11 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:44 pm
Following the recent notable increase in consumption of walls and laser turrets, the biters seems to stress my defenses adaequatly more.
I guess I'll have to play without biters starting from now, or at least to tune them significantly down - and hurry to get the achievements I lack before I upgrade.
What happens if you just downgrade to 0.15.x or something where peaceful mode was still allowed?
That would adequatley demonstrate that achievements are bullshit :D.
Hasn't that been demonstrated adequately many times already?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

User avatar
brunzenstein
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.70

Post by brunzenstein » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:55 am

eradicator wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:30 pm
wheybags wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:27 pm
coreyt wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:13 am
The new Mac signing seems to work on the version 0.17.70 downloaded from the web site.

Running macOS Catalina with the new security features. Downloaded 0.17.69, extracted and double clicked the app. Mac said developer can't be verified and offered to trash it. With 0.17.70, the was a dialog stating that it was downloaded from the internet. Selecting open runs OK.
\o/ hallelujah!
Someone forgot to update the download page description ;).
macOS (64 bit .dmg)
compatible with macOS High Sierra, Sierra, OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks
Factorio runs stable on Mojave too.

User avatar
eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 3770
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:03 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.70

Post by eradicator » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:36 am

Jap2.0 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:42 pm
eradicator wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:54 pm
That would adequatley demonstrate that achievements are bullshit :D.
Hasn't that been demonstrated adequately many times already?
Half the forum is still filled with explanations about what does or does not disable "achievements" *sigh*.
So... more demonstrations it is.
Author of: Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Hotkey 2.0
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2049
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.70

Post by Jap2.0 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:34 pm

eradicator wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:36 am
Jap2.0 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:42 pm
eradicator wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:54 pm
That would adequatley demonstrate that achievements are bullshit :D.
Hasn't that been demonstrated adequately many times already?
Half the forum is still filled with explanations about what does or does not disable "achievements" *sigh*.
So... more demonstrations it is.
I was thinking more 29709 (save hex-editing) and arbitrary lua code on load/mapgen/whatever.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

User avatar
Omnifarious
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.70

Post by Omnifarious » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:22 am

I would like to report that your signing efforts worked on the Mac. I've had a really difficult time with getting previous versions to work on a particular Mac that has had some really locked down policies because of my workplace.

I had no such difficulties with the new version of the dmg.

So, your signing efforts accomplished something. :-)

User avatar
brunzenstein
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.70

Post by brunzenstein » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:32 am

Omnifarious wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:22 am
I would like to report that your signing efforts worked on the Mac. I've had a really difficult time with getting previous versions to work on a particular Mac that has had some really locked down policies because of my workplace.

I had no such difficulties with the new version of the dmg.

So, your signing efforts accomplished something. :-)
Did you clean install Factorio from the devs side or did you run the updater?

User avatar
Omnifarious
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.70

Post by Omnifarious » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:58 pm

brunzenstein wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:32 am
Omnifarious wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:22 am
I would like to report that your signing efforts worked on the Mac. I've had a really difficult time with getting previous versions to work on a particular Mac that has had some really locked down policies because of my workplace.

I had no such difficulties with the new version of the dmg.

So, your signing efforts accomplished something. :-)
Did you clean install Factorio from the devs side or did you run the updater?
Because updates did not require doing the obnoxious dance to convince the Mac to run Factorio (once updates were working on the Mac) I did the test by trashing Factorio, emptying the trash, then installing it from the dmg you get with a fresh full download.

The fact I did this is strongly implied by my original post because you do not need the dmg file to do an update.

Post Reply

Return to “Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users