Version 0.11.8

Information about releases and roadmap.
Eurofighter1200
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.8

Post by Eurofighter1200 »

Nice! Switch from 11.6 to 11.8 that was a really nice boost of speed on our 3 Players MP after that it was really cool to play even with our big base and fight was a lot better.

Dark_star
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Dark_star »

same problem as BNVY,
my is a MacBook Pro 9,2 (16gm)( OSX 10.8.6)
11.7>11.8 crashes on update
look forward to 11.8

Lordbaldemort
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lordbaldemort »

When I try to run Factorio 0.11.8 it comes up with the message
C:/Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\config\config.ini(1): '=' character not found in line

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Lordbaldemort wrote:When I try to run Factorio 0.11.8 it comes up with the message
C:/Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\config\config.ini(1): '=' character not found in line
It looks like misformated config file, you can delete the config.ini and the game will create default one (You loose your config)

Dagobert
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dagobert »

32bit does not work properly in MP: Game desyncs e.g. on death of a player and even connecting has its problems

steffchen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by steffchen »

Dagobert wrote:32bit does not work properly in MP: Game desyncs e.g. on death of a player and even connecting has its problems
confirmed.. same problems here.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Did all players have the same bit version? You can create a thread in the bug subforum, but please look if there's already a thread with this.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Dagobert
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dagobert »

After several problems with connection issues related to peer-to-peer-problems (stupid routers etc.) we identified the following:
11.8 32bit - definetely unstable, worse than before
11.8 64bit - desync and/or crash on death of one player

For the moment we're playing 11.6 64bit - works fine for LAN with several players and no crashes on players taking damage or dying.

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

I've been here since the original funding for the game and I am continually amazed at the work you guys are doing. You guys seem to be doing better work than large production studios and you actually fix the game you are making. Since 2.0 this game has been more stable than the past few AAA games I have bought and it is more fun. Keep up the amazing work!

I've got a bunch of friends interested in the game, they are just waiting for it to be "finished". When this game is finished it will take off like the first Simcity did.

Greg40
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Greg40 »

Hello Kovarex,

I would like follow unstable version, but since you change Glibc compilator, Factorio don't work on Ubuntu 12.04.
Do you plan to change that in future ? Or must i have a more modern distribution for playing ?

Thank's for youy work.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Greg40 wrote:Hello Kovarex,

I would like follow unstable version, but since you change Glibc compilator, Factorio don't work on Ubuntu 12.04.
Do you plan to change that in future ? Or must i have a more modern distribution for playing ?

Thank's for youy work.
Hello, it is in our bug report queue.

Tom_The_Hero1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tom_The_Hero1 »

if i try to use multyplayer for 0.11.6 i just need to give the other person my ip and it works perfectly but if i use 0.11.8 factorio instandly crashes when i try to connect or if someone else tries to connect to me :(

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gandalf »

kovarex wrote:
Valkor wrote:
The car can now accepts fuel and ammo into the trunk by inserter or shift/control click even when the
burner/ammo slots are already full, so it goes to the trunk.
Does this mean car/tank refueling and rearming stations are basically nerfed?
Yes, the priority of unified behavior is more important.
In that case I'd really want to be able to limit cars' and tanks' trunk sizes and set filters.
That would be consistent with how trains work and, in case of limiting the total size, how any other inventory, except for the player's, works.
Please make it possible to use auto-refueling without weird hacks.

Edit:
Rahjital wrote:There's nothing hard about setting up refuel stations now. Just place a smart inserter taking fuel out of the car at the same time as another inserter will put it in - it will not work until you've got fuel in your trunk, so when it starts working, you'll know that the car is ready to go. Same with ammo.
Btw this is what I mean by weird hack. This may work *somehow* but it doesn't really work with supplying amo at the same time, nor does it really support multi-vehicle stations.

Just a thought, although this might make the whole thing a little too easy: Requester/Provider functionality for Vehicles, i.e. make them part of the logistics network same as the player. Possibly via a new science tree item.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starholme »

Gandalf wrote: Just a thought, although this might make the whole thing a little too easy: Requester/Provider functionality for Vehicles, i.e. make them part of the logistics network same as the player. Possibly via a new science tree item.
That actually sounds like a simple and effective solution. Powerful, but simple.

JoKrister
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JoKrister »

I recently picked up this game again. I had a 9.8 build(I think) on my old computer. That screenshot looks amazing! Downloaded the new build, 11.10 at work. Cant wait to get home and try out all the new stuff.

Rockstar04
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Rockstar04 »

Sorry to post on an old release thread, but I just came across the inserter/trunk issue and was looking for the cause of the problem.

I agree with the other commenters on the issue that we need SOMETHING to be able to get this working again, and if you are looking for consistency then giving them the ability to limit the space available like chests seems the best option.

Return to “Releases”