Version 0.17.62

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.62

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed a script error in the NPE while using demo. (73993)
  • Fixed that reading LuaGuiElement::elem_type would always error. (73996)
  • Fixed a crash related to modded fluid energy sources. (73980)
  • Fixed corrupted alt-mode icons on low zoom levels on macOS. (73982)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

BattleFluffy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.62

Post by BattleFluffy »

It's crazy that we've had 62 versions since 0.17 began experimental.
62!
Imagine 62 people in a room. That's more people than are at some weddings.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

BattleFluffy wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:59 am
It's crazy that we've had 62 versions since 0.17 began experimental.
62!
Imagine 62 people in a room. That's more people than are at some weddings.
Waiting for .69

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

hylje
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hylje »

steinio wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:28 am
Waiting for .69
That'll be a nice update.

barbary
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by barbary »

steinio wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:28 am
Waiting for .69
NICE

will there be a 0.17.420 :-)

TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TatsuZZMage »

downloaded the .62 demo on a lark counld't get it t load it gets stuck at 95% full version loaded fine. nvm --gfx-safe-mode got it running lol must be the crap card in the machine i was using.

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc »

This might interest people that follow the releases: https://wiki.factorio.com/Base-breaking_changes

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

luc wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:59 am
This might interest people that follow the releases: https://wiki.factorio.com/Base-breaking_changes
The fact that the page might not be a good fit for the wiki did not occur to you? It's basically a tutorial, much better fit for a forum topic than a wiki page.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Katamechanic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Katamechanic »

Bilka wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:01 am
The fact that the page might not be a good fit for the wiki did not occur to you? It's basically a tutorial, much better fit for a forum topic than a wiki page.
Not to argue with you your lordship, but it sounds much more like a wiki article than a tutorial. Besides the title (base-breaking) which is derogatory and should not be on the official wiki, it might be useful to have a public record of changes to the game balance for the community. Would make it easier for newer members to understand what the older members are talking about.

Things like N^2 and N^10 stack sizes was news to me before I read through 50+ pages of comments on the forums. That probably shouldn't be the bar to possess this information.

Although the releases do address this, it would probably be easier if game balance changes were all in one place, and you didn't have to shift through bug fixes and mod script additions to figure it out.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Katamechanic wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:27 am
Not to argue with you your lordship, but it sounds much more like a wiki article than a tutorial. Besides the title (base-breaking) which is derogatory and should not be on the official wiki, it might be useful to have a public record of changes to the game balance for the community. Would make it easier for newer members to understand what the older members are talking about.

Things like N^2 and N^10 stack sizes was news to me before I read through 50+ pages of comments on the forums. That probably shouldn't be the bar to possess this information.

Although the releases do address this, it would probably be easier if game balance changes were all in one place, and you didn't have to shift through bug fixes and mod script additions to figure it out.
For that the page would have to be done properly, not in tutorial/"my personal page" form which it is right now. (Not to mention that the creator literally broke wiki rules that should prevent exactly the awkward situation we have now - unfit page that creator has already linked in multiple places. Whatever I do or don't do to that page, I'm the bad guy.)

You have a point regarding information on old versions though. In my opinion https://wiki.factorio.com/Roadmap/History and the "new content" box serve rather well as place to find the biggest changes, so I don't think making yet another page with yet another large list of changes that quickly becomes information overload is reasonable. And I do wonder if knowing that stack sizes used to be N^2 5 years ago is all that useful :)
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Katamechanic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Katamechanic »

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:55 am

For that the page would have to be done properly, not in tutorial/"my personal page" form which it is right now. (Not to mention that the creator literally broke wiki rules that should prevent exactly the awkward situation we have now - unfit page that creator has already linked in multiple places. Whatever I do or don't do to that page, I'm the bad guy.)

You have a point regarding information on old versions though. In my opinion https://wiki.factorio.com/Roadmap/History and the "new content" box serve rather well as place to find the biggest changes, so I don't think making yet another page with yet another large list of changes that quickly becomes information overload is reasonable. And I do wonder if knowing that stack sizes used to be N^2 5 years ago is all that useful :)
Ah, that makes sense. Agree with you more then. I like the idea of a specific balance change page, rather than the roadmap which was more of a broader plan. Nevertheless, making a page just to attack you guys on the oil change (which on re-read is not very objective) is definitely not wiki-worthy.

I think I'm in the wrong, sorry about that Bilka.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

And I do wonder if knowing that stack sizes used to be N^2 5 years ago is all that useful :)
Those are somewhat useful to keep track of, in order to avoid someone proposing something that was removed earlier.

Not like i'd suggest bringing back something that i never knew was in the game in the first place but how could i know.

The roadmaps will do i guess, for those who feel the need to inform themselves before posting, vast majority hopefully :).

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc »

Katamechanic wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:27 am
Besides the title (base-breaking) which is derogatory and should not be on the official wiki
Oh, I had not considered it that way. As a software guy, a "breaking" change is just something you have to change dependencies for (your base is dependent on Factorio's recipes, and since it's an alpha, of course you have to change it sometimes), and as a non-native speaker, I didn't realize the bad connotation. It's not a positive thing in software either, but there it doesn't sound like something is messed up and broken, but rather like something that requires you to change something. I can see how it can be politically incorrect to have such a title on the wiki.
I'm sorry for putting you in that spot. From my perspective, I made something helpful to literally ever existing player that still wants to play their base in a next version. I thought a wiki is "a knowledge base website on which users collaboratively modify content and structure" and did not think to check for any rules regarding creating new pages. From your perspective, I violated the rules and you have to delete someone's work and be the bad guy, which is not the job you signed up for or like to do. I understand where you're coming from.

xng
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xng »

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:01 am
It's a really good wiki page, it explained to me why my base got overrun suddenly in 0.17.59. The title is quite accurate as almost any changes breaks the base, even the really good changes, and the wiki page aims only to tell you what broke it.

Note: Please don't bash on forum members for being helpful, being a moderator or not, it's not very nice.

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

Good idea and might be a valuable resource for players coming back from the rehab.
But would be nice to have whole recipes in the change log (like "Rocket fuel: solid fuel β†’ solid fuel, light oil")
and a shorter "Low impact" changes section title (instead of the 22-word-long "Things that got faster,...").

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Oktokolo wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:56 am
Good idea and might be a valuable resource for players coming back from the rehab.
But would be nice to have whole recipes in the change log (like "Rocket fuel: solid fuel β†’ solid fuel, light oil")
and a shorter "Low impact" changes section title (instead of the 22-word-long "Things that got faster,...").
I didn't really understand that line...
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

In case you don't follow all the discussion, just adapt to the changes, you got a sum up.
You didn't play for 2 months, you continue your base, this tell you what has changed so you can quickly adapt, rather than debug everything.
Instead of each individual doing the thing itself, if it's done once and accessible that's better for everyone.
Woaw didn't play for 6 month, so many changes, let's focus the important first, so that i got research going while i adapt the other lower impact change. So cool it's highlighted !

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

jockeril wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:20 pm
Oktokolo wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:56 am
I didn't really understand that line...
Wich one?

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

Thank you VERY much!!!
This will be incredibly relevant when v0.17 becomes stable and people get upgraded to the new stable version.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I've found that just looking at version logs only reading the "changes", and ignoring "bugfixes","modding", &c. was reasonably fast, but this is indeed better !
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to β€œReleases”