Version 0.17.45

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.45

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Changed the go-to-mod buttons in the manage and update tabs of the Mods GUI to switch to the install tab if needed. (65902)
  • Fixed that it was possible to open the command console while inside the technology GUI. (66458)
  • Fixed that it was not possible to build ghosts in normally visible area which is in fog of war in map view. (71411)
  • Fixed a crash when removing modded recipes while hand-crafting those recipes. (70247)
  • Fixed that nested CustomGuiStyle changes didn't work correctly. (71419)
  • Fixed that inserter would sometimes put items on the wrong side of the belt.
Scripting
  • Added only_in_alt_mode to LuaRendering draw functions.
  • Changed LuaEntity::copy_settings() to also copy settings from ghosts.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

NickKsh
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.45

Post by NickKsh »

Fixed that inserter would sometimes put items on the wrong side of the belt.
Thank you kindly <3

theolderbeholder
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by theolderbeholder »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Fri May 31, 2019 1:10 pm
Bugfixes
That was a bug? I blamed my children! :oops:

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

NickKsh wrote: ↑
Fri May 31, 2019 2:45 pm
Fixed that inserter would sometimes put items on the wrong side of the belt.
Thank you kindly <3
It would be nice to have is as an option. But just both sides, why not if it possible?

TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TatsuZZMage »

It was a bit too funny watching that speed runner yesterday having to keep fixing his belts. :twisted: thanks for that fix.

ShutEye_DK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ShutEye_DK »

theolderbeholder wrote: ↑
Fri May 31, 2019 4:03 pm
FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Fri May 31, 2019 1:10 pm
Bugfixes
That was a bug? I blamed my children! :oops:
Does it matter which kind of bug you gave the blame? :D

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

Re: the "player/character" change in 0.17.35:

The Wiki goes into detail about the difference between "player" and "character" in the game, and states (emphasis added):
The character's main inventory has 80 slots...
So then why do we get the message in-game that says (emphasis added):
Cannot insert [x]. Player's inventory full.
Just looking for consistency when the devs are being nitpicky about this. Imagine what new players trying earnestly to learn the game (or even mod it) think. :)

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

"player's inventory is full" is used regardless of the player's controller. As the wiki page that you linked describes, the controller is part of the player, so the message is correct. "player's controller's inventory is full" would be more accurate, but it would be confusing to anyone who doesn't know the internals of the game, which are the large majority of the players.

In general, locale has to be understandable, which means avoiding internal terms such as "entity" or "controller". The Lua API has the complete opposite aim, it wants to be as close to the internal terms as possible. So there will be, and already is, difference in naming.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Bilka wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:01 am
"player's inventory is full"
In all honesty "player" is also a technical term and it should probably be "Your inventory is full.", or for a role-play like in-character perspective "My inventory is full.". And when you're inserting into other people in multiplayer "<player_name>'s inventor is full.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

Bilka wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:01 am
"player's inventory is full" is used regardless of the player's controller. As the wiki page that you linked describes, the controller is part of the player, so the message is correct. "player's controller's inventory is full" would be more accurate, but it would be confusing to anyone who doesn't know the internals of the game, which are the large majority of the players.

In general, locale has to be understandable, which means avoiding internal terms such as "entity" or "controller". The Lua API has the complete opposite aim, it wants to be as close to the internal terms as possible. So there will be, and already is, difference in naming.
Wow, more convoluted language to explain something that is already convoluted. It's ok, *wink wink*, I'll play along.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

badtouchatr wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:51 pm
Wow, more convoluted language to explain something that is already convoluted. It's ok, *wink wink*, I'll play along.
You don't appear to be able to tell the difference between natural human languages and computer code. I would get that looked at.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:26 pm
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:51 pm
You don't appear to be able to tell the difference between natural human languages and computer code. I would get that looked at.
Actually, I can. I was a programmer, and have written mods for games in Lua. What I'm doing is making fun of the devs trying to fix something so trivial that should've been fixed like in 0.9, when they had a lot smaller user base. Anyway, I'm done. It's their game, they can call things whatever they want.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:51 pm
What I'm doing is making fun of the devs
Oh. So not stupid, then, just bloody-minded. Sorry, I find those hard to tell apart in a text-based medium sometimes.

Return to β€œReleases”