Version 0.17.37

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.37

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed acid splashes were blocking placement of buildings. (70317)
  • Fixed that acid splashes would have a burning sound effect.
  • Fixed typo in font name that would cause crash in Cyrillic locales on Linux. (70337)
  • Fixed that script changing train path as a reaction to train created event could break the rolling-stock connection process. (69749)
  • Fixed that scroll panes empty areas of the mod GUI was blocking the mouse interaction with the map. (70383)
  • Fixed that ghost rail building didn't avoid ghost buildings properly. (70349)
  • All unused control inputs are saved in the config file, to preserve mod key bindings even when the mod is disabled and enabled again. (70332)
  • Fixed that zooming in the train preview window didn't respect the zooming key binding settings. (69338)
  • Fixed that train with no path changed from NO_PATH to PATH_LOST and back to NO_PATH every few seconds. (69722)
  • Fixed that train waiting at the signal changed from WAIT_SIGNAL to ARRIVE_SIGNAL and back to WAIT_SIGNAL every few seconds. (67576)
  • Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when two players were connecting to a server at the same time and one of them quit before the map finished saving. (69783)
  • Fixed a crash related to modded deconstruction item filters. (70470)
  • Fixed performance issues in mipmap generation routines causing the game to freeze or crash at 95% of sprite loading. (67723)
  • Fixed traditional Chinese font being used for simplified Chinese. (70429)
  • Fixed that pollution would not be shown in entity tooltip when using a void energy source. (70498)
  • Fixed PvP re-roll round button not generating a different map with only a single team.
  • Fixed PvP state when playing Last silo standing with only a single team.
  • Fixed PvP DEFCON mode interaction with research queue.
  • Fixed screenshot rendering could crash when using LuaScriptRendering API to draw a sprite from file. (70322)
Modding
  • Added CraftingMachinePrototype::entity_info_icon_shift.
  • Added CraftingMachinePrototype::draw_entity_info_icon_background.
Scripting
  • Included "item" in on_built_entity event when ghost cursor building.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Scottathew
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.37

Post by Scottathew »

Best $30 I've spent in a long while. Thanks so much for the continued features, updates, and support.
Last edited by Scottathew on Tue May 07, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antyradek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Antyradek »

While you are at releasing stable version...
Have you though about reading missing constructions items from roboport?
On the other hand, building big multi-combinator machine for that purpose is much more factorioristic.

Extrien
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Extrien »

Antyradek wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:29 pm
Have you though about reading missing constructions items from roboport?
Ghost Scanner is a mod that does that already :D

maddoctor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by maddoctor »

why is no one complaining about pipes registering liquid types before liquid is even in it. its diving me crazy. sometimes with the liquid flow from one input line to the other even though they are not connect. it took me 30mins to place down 15 chemical plants because the liquid mixing error keeps popping up and im sure my pipes are correct but the have registered liquid on the pipes even though its empty. i rather fluid mixing if this is the alternative

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

maddoctor wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:16 pm
it took me 30mins to place down 15 chemical plants because the liquid mixing error keeps popping up and im sure my pipes are correct
If you've double-checked and your pipes are correct, please post a bug report with a screenshot and save showing the issue.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

you have every patch I have 30 mods falling off soon to 70 fix there will be 1 mod I think working normally Well, it is not normal to constantly play glitches is not possible. :(

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Please correct / rewrite your post, Airat9000. It's very hard to read.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

I understood him very well. That's my beef with the current pathway to "1.0" -- They SAY they want to be at a 1.0 "stable" "release" version soon, but the changes they have been making lately (including, obviously, the complete GUI rewrite and the completely silly "player/character" change) without a doubt show that they are still VERY MUCH in an early alpha stage.

Draxinusom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Draxinusom »

The problem is that these experimental releases are so high quality and stable for almost everyone that a lot of people switch to the experimental branch who really should stay on stable.

I mean you need to actively reconfigure steam / in-game settings etc. to even switch to experimental. It does not happen automatically. Experimental is however for people who write mods, alpha/beta test (game and mods) and are suited for this. Experimental is where experiments happen. This may blow up things. If you are not prepared for this, do not be on experimental.

I play experimental since 10.somewhen. I had exactly one time where this became a problem and it was actually just last week the switch between 17.34 to 17.35 on a mulitplayer game where an update somehow caused an issue with YARM mod which took me 10 minutes to resolve myself as the mod was already updated. But if that would have been not resolvable, I had a full backup of the multiplayer server and would have just reverted back to 17.34.

TL;DR: Be prepared on experimental or stay on stable. I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of very few weeks until a 17 stable is coming out if you really want the new features.

Mike5000
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mike5000 »

badtouchatr wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:12 pm
... They SAY they want to be at a 1.0 "stable" "release" version soon, but the changes they have been making lately ... without a doubt show that they are still VERY MUCH in an early alpha stage.
Trains were already not fit for purpose without a complex mod and the 0.17 track laying downgrade is inexcusable.

The 0.17 tutorial is awful and not even the same game.

Most of their effort seems to be going into HD graphics (and now remnants) which have zero or negative value in the usual highly zoomed out display state.

The last truly great improvement was probably the priority/filter splitter functionality.

Ranger_Aurelien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ranger_Aurelien »

maddoctor wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:16 pm
why is no one complaining about pipes registering liquid types before liquid is even in it. its diving me crazy. sometimes with the liquid flow from one input line to the other even though they are not connect. it took me 30mins to place down 15 chemical plants because the liquid mixing error keeps popping up and im sure my pipes are correct but the have registered liquid on the pipes even though its empty. i rather fluid mixing if this is the alternative
I empathise the confusion. Yesterday I was connecting refineries, and finding breaks in pipelines can be difficult if both ends show the exact same icon (I didn't receive the connection errors). Perhaps if the "expected but not filled" side (e.g., new Refinery/pipebuilding) was only half brightness, or had a ring around it, or some other indicator.

Hmm, Another thought about overlays -- what about if Alt mode (or maybe even mouseover) showed a thin orange arrow at each end of pipe/silos showing the direction of flow (if any. If no flow, no arrow). (I don't see a mod for that yet.)
-
Ranger Aurelien
"Knowledge Brings Fear" -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Airat9000 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:28 am
you have every patch I have 30 mods falling off soon to 70 fix there will be 1 mod I think working normally Well, it is not normal to constantly play glitches is not possible. :(
Problems with changes scale up the more mods you have:
- vanilla only
- QoL mods
- overhaul mods
- combinations of overhaul mods
- random combination of mods, which hardly work together anyway

I would say, it's expectable, but surely not a nice experience.
I usually play on standalone version and make a backup copy before any update.

Sometimes I think, it would be nice, if there's a version between stable and experimental.

BTW: I really like many things introduced with 0.17. Especially the graphic engine which works a lot smoother on my low end card.

Return to “Releases”