Version 0.17.29

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.29

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Simplified rail building. Holding shift while rail building always activates the combination of ghost-rail-building + remove-obstacles, releasing shift returns back to normal manual mode. It doesn't matter anymore, whether the rail building started with shift or not. This removed the possibility to do ghost-rail-building without the remove-obstacles, but since it seems to be almost useless, we consider it to be worth the simplification.
  • font/color rich text tags now have to be properly terminated. This means eg: "[color=red]Red circuits" will now need to be "[color=red]Red circuits[/color]". This fixes a number of issues with handling start/end tags. (66263, 66256)
  • Enter key will be shown as "ENTER" instead of "RETURN" on Windows and Linux. (69329)
Minor Features
  • Added a shortcut for increasing/decreasing/resetting UI scale, mainly for debugging of proper automatic adjustment of UI, but people might find it useful for something as well.
Bugfixes
  • After a realization of a big misleading mistake, the pollution per second had to be renamed to pollution per minute, because it is what it actually is. (68269)
  • Fixed that tree pollution absorption was recorded as pollution emission in the statistics.
  • Fixed that equipment electric network priority migration wasn't present. (69389)
  • Crafting group selection by typing exact recipe match will now preserve the same way as selecting the crafting group manually. (67165)
  • Fixed few layouting issues in the mods GUI. (68788)
  • Fixed that sticker duration could be 0. (69042)
  • Restored previous behavior where normal (not only underground) pipe connections reconnected when a fluidbox got removed. (68343)
  • Fixed crash when robots try to revive locomotive that has both front and back wheels on rails, but no rail in-between. (68623)
  • Fixed that repair packs could be lost if they didn't fit in your inventory when using personal robots. (69110)
  • Added missing pipe connection arrows to flamethrower turret. (69272)
  • Fixed that custom GUI style values specified directly on the elements weren't updated after UI scale change. (68007)
  • Fixed that the electric network GUI would sometimes be opened when starting deconstruction planner selection on an electric pole in the map view. (68960)
  • Fixed that Textfield and Sliders didn't update its size properly on UI change.
  • Fixed UI change update in ModSettingsGui and MapGeneratorGui with preview open.
  • Fixed quickbar selection disappearing when cursor stack is refreshed with a new stack. (68243)
  • Fixed that nested frame styles (horizontal flow, vertical flow, header filler flow, filler) weren't initialized/updated correctly in the GUI created by script.
  • Fixed that the loading indicator in the browse games GUI was left of the "Back" button. (66513)
  • Fixed turret prototype definition allowed ammo_type of attack_parameters to be optional resulting in crash when the turret started to shoot.
  • Don't consider recipes with 0 minimum amount (and possible randomised result) when resolving automatic crafting of ingredients when crafting manually. (68836)
Scripting
  • Changed the LabelStyle::want_ellipsis default value to true and it is never changed to be something else now. We are considering to even remove this style property completely, as we basically want the ellipsis always when the label is squashed.
  • Added tile parameter to on_player_built_tile and on_robot_built_tile.
  • Removed unused on_player_tool_inventory_changed event.
Modding
  • Added emissions_per_minute property in the energy source, that is supposed to replace the emissions_per_second_per_watt which was basically wrong and hard to work with, both emissions_per_second_per_watt emissions definition will work for some time (at least in 0.17) so mods don't get broken.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.29

Post by ThaPear »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:29 pm
Changes
  • font/color rich text tags now have to be properly terminated. This means eg: "Red circuits" will now need to be "Red circuits". This fixes a number of issues with handling start/end tags. (66263, 66256)
This is an appropriate end tag error. :lol:
Thanks for the update, as always!

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

[*]After a realization of a big misleading mistake, the pollution per second had to be renamed to pollution per minute, because it is what it actually is. (68269)
That would explain why biters requiring 50-200 times less pollution to spawn than before 0.17.12 doesn't completely break the game ?
viewtopic.php?p=418758#p418758
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by leadraven »

per tick, per second, per minute... Could you already unify time measurement?

TPReal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TPReal »

What?! Of course creating ghost rails without removing obstacles is useful. If I don't yet have any technology that removes obstacles effectively (like bots), I really like that I can easily avoid them by creating long ghost segments that will find a way if possible. This is especially true for cliffs - removing cliffs is even harder, I want a tool to build rails around cliffs, not assuming I can easily remove them.

tabytac
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tabytac »

Opening a Blueprint book from the blueprints menu seems to crash the game completely. Only blueprint books in the menu are crashing my game on multiple saves.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

leadraven wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:53 pm
Just make it "per factorio" :mrgreen: :twisted:

6nexus6
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 6nexus6 »

tabytac wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:10 pm
Opening a Blueprint book from the blueprints menu seems to crash the game completely. Only blueprint books in the menu are crashing my game on multiple saves.
Me too...exactly as described

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

6nexus6 wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:43 pm
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69398
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

dee-
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dee- »

0.17.30 today?

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

TPReal wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:09 pm
What?! Of course creating ghost rails without removing obstacles is useful. If I don't yet have any technology that removes obstacles effectively (like bots), I really like that I can easily avoid them by creating long ghost segments that will find a way if possible. This is especially true for cliffs - removing cliffs is even harder, I want a tool to build rails around cliffs, not assuming I can easily remove them.
I hate removing obstacles for a variety of reasons. I like the natural look of having rails twist and turn around them across the landscape. :-(

This is especially true for cliffs. I do not remove cliffs unless absolutely necessary.

I'm not going to upgrade again until this comes back.

If you really want to improve the rail planner, provide a way to use it to lay out a set of semi-parallel rails that maintain a certain minimum distance from each other. If you want to make it even better, give a way to also add signals on a regular basis. And if it's going to be absolutely fantastic, some way of managing other regular features, like power poles (especially with signal wire).

empcris
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by empcris »

+1

Kyzentun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kyzentun »

TPReal wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:09 pm
To add to this problem, I can no longer use R to rotate the railhead clockwise when ghost rail building.
Ghost rail building needs to work both with and without removing obstacles, and allow rotating the head both directions.

6nexus6
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 6nexus6 »

Koub wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:45 pm
6nexus6 wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:43 pm
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69398
Not the same. I try 7 another saves. Game crash when i open blueprints menu. Not make or used book - only open blueprint menu

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ultros »

leadraven wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:53 pm
I think the devs are unifying towards minutes, at least in displayed units. After pollution, most measurements in game (production window, pollution, etc) are all in minutes now.

Ticks are for game mechanics reasons, and seconds are for base units (watt)

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Amarula »

I saw the issues with blueprints so I avoided using them. I managed a different crash, adding an item to the shortcut bar: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69402
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

Fishy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Fishy »

You can set your tooltips to "never" to avoid the blueprint crashes for now.

otobot1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by otobot1 »

I agree with the other comments on the rail ghosting. Being able to build rail ghosts without removing obstacles is extremely important earlier in the game before personal roboports. The manual track building mode isn't a suitable replacement either due to the small number of tracks it can show at once.

There is value in simplifying unnecessarily complex mechanics, but that isn't the case here. It really wasn't complicated to use before, and something has definitely been lost by this change.

Pawz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pawz »

Getting the same Blueprint error - just moving mouse over blueprint in toolbar will crash the game
------------------------------------
Making Sniper Turrets Balanced Again aka Run Run the Swarm is Coming (Swarmageddon)
How it Should Have Started - A less 'cheaty' quick start (You won't want to play w/o this anymore)
No Wall Repair Less Suiciding

ColonelSandersLite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ColonelSandersLite »

This removed the possibility to do ghost-rail-building without the remove-obstacles, but since it seems to be almost useless, we consider it to be worth the simplification.
I used this feature in literally every game. It's fantastic when you simply need to lay rail line without doubling them up. I especially use it in the pre-rocket portion of the game where double tracks are, quite frankly, ridiculous overkill.

Return to β€œReleases”