Version 0.17.18

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.18

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Dragging power poles over ghosts of the same type will revive them. (68244)
  • Replaced the hand graphic in the quickbar with a selected graphic, so blueprint books are visible.
Bugfixes
  • Solved train positioning when being built by robots. (68147)
  • Fixed that playing Factorio in full-screen mode on macOS would hide all notifications. (66415)
  • Allow commas with spaces after in color tags. (68261)
  • Fixed the mechanic of saving a scenario locally when joining a multiplayer game that uses a scenario you don't have didn't work correctly. (68181)
  • Fixed that the burner light would still glow even when the entity is sleeping. (65712)
  • Assembler copy/paste now works correctly when pasting both recipe and direction with fluid mixing around. (68174)
  • Tool shortcut bar selection list can be closed with ESC. (65621)
  • Fixed that some technologies wouldn't show in the technology list if they were fully researched. (68239)
  • Fixed incorrect zooming speeds when using keyboard to zoom. (65679)
  • Blank property expression names in map gen settings JSON are ignored. (68125)
  • Seed1 arguments above 255 to noise functions no longer crash the game, warning about the upper bits being ignored, instead. (67497)
  • Fixed broken supply challenge. (68242)
  • Fixed slow horizontal trackpad scrolling in the tech tree view. (66874)
  • Fixing one situation of underground pipe connection over a ghost. (68265)
  • Fixed blueprint icons not disappearing when using set_quick_bar_slot (68374)
  • Fixed PvP force modifiers were being overwritten. (68397)
  • Fixed "graphics_variation" was read-only on entities of type "corpse". (68391)
  • Fixed buildability check of some fluid entities in blueprints. (65389)
  • Fixed gui layouting related to having more squashable elements with different minimal sizes in one row/column.
  • Fixed possible crash when hovering the statistics graphs.
  • Fixed a crash when using LuaGameScript::show_message_dialog during on_init.
  • Fixed headless server would hang when shutting down on Windows. (68422)
  • Fixed interaction of pipe underground connections of different reach. (68258)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Caldasso
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.18

Post by Caldasso »

Excelent job! Hugs from brasil! :)

TRauMa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TRauMa »

Is the map preview broken for anyone else (lower buttons and scroll bar missing) or is it just me?
Screenshot 1080p Missing buttons
Screenshot 1080p Missing buttons
MapPreview.png (203.6 KiB) Viewed 12581 times

lvllord
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lvllord »

TRauMa wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:19 pm
Is the map preview broken for anyone else (lower buttons and scroll bar missing) or is it just me?
Not just you. Also here ;)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68446

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

When do we finally get some UX improvements?

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:24 pm
The Factorio devs have been some of the most responsive and communicative devs of any game I've ever played. And really, more responsive and communicative than the vast majority of software I've ever used. The only time I've ever had a significantly better experience with a group of software developers was when I was making important contributions to the project they were actively maintaining. I don't know that implying they're lax somehow with the word 'finally' is being particularly reasonable.

Also, what UX improvement would you especially want? The only thing I'm eager for is the new blueprint library, and I'm guessing that's going to take awhile to implement.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Bug reports forum would seem to show that we might have some UX bug-provements :D

dreemkitten
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dreemkitten »

I see 2 UI bugs already; in the mod menu, having the UI scale at larger than default obscures update add-ons button, and cuts off submit button.
in-game, the inventory windows is like 1 item tall, and scrollable, making it impossible to use, persists if UI scale is default as well

Openhand
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Openhand »

dreemkitten wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:14 pm
I see 2 UI bugs already; in the mod menu, having the UI scale at larger than default obscures update add-ons button, and cuts off submit button.
in-game, the inventory windows is like 1 item tall, and scrollable, making it impossible to use, persists if UI scale is default as well
I have the inventory window bug (i had only 3 rows of items and a scroll handle to scroll down to see the rest of my items(very tiny inventory screen)) aswell.

Edit: I solved the bug, the bug/culpit with me, is with "fluid-handling" technology (pyanodon's modded game with lots of fluids), for others it may be some technologies or crafting windows that hosts a lot of items, i'm not sure it is with fluid handling specifically, its probably more comprehensive, general crafting window bug.

You can solve the bug by typing in following in lua console:
/c game.player.force.technologies['fluid-handling'].researched=false

You can repeat the bug by typing in console the following:
/c game.player.force.technologies['fluid-handling'].researched=true

Well bug isn't truly solved because now i don't have fluid handling, and that stinks, i needa revert save.

After a minute of consideration i think this is rather a bug about the crafting window or inventory scroll bar, if you have a lot of items you can craft, you get a handle to scroll through them, once it appears in 01718 it never goes away when you have the inventory up.

When i have fluid handling researched, i get tons of barrels available for crafting in the crafting screen, that makes the scrollbar appear, and it appears in all tabs but also in my inventory, i think the game simply forgets to check which windows should have the scrollbar, it only checks if it needs one, one time? It should check for every time you switch crafting tabs, or research tech that affects inventory slots imo. or the game checks what is the largest inventory/crafting size and applies it to all inventory/crafting tabs/windows.

I could probably check this further by disabling some barrel or liquid recipes? but that seems like a huge pain, if i want to do them one by one, its only today that i first started using console.
Last edited by Openhand on Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:10 am, edited 15 times in total.

emp_zealoth
Inserter
Inserter

Post by emp_zealoth »

Hold my fish!

tk0421
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tk0421 »

i just had to revert to .17.17 because of the preview thing too

TechnoCreeper298
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TechnoCreeper298 »

I found the mods page was broken.
I found the mods page was broken.
Bug 1.PNG (53.9 KiB) Viewed 10359 times
Also the map preview one.

Openhand
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Openhand »

Is it possible to revert to 0.17.17-2? I have to reinstall my game to downgrade it i think, but as i download the game again it doesn't list 0.17.17-2 as a version it is only 0.17.17 or 0.17.18 (latest), i'm not sure my save will run correctly because it was a 0.17.17-2 save and i have played dozens of hours so far.

For now i'll just run with it and see, 0.17.18 is broken atm.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Openhand wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:57 am
Is it possible to revert to 0.17.17-2? I have to reinstall my game to downgrade it i think, but as i download the game again it doesn't list 0.17.17-2 as a version it is only 0.17.17 or 0.17.18 (latest), i'm not sure my save will run correctly because it was a 0.17.17-2 save and i have played dozens of hours so far.

For now i'll just run with it and see, 0.17.18 is broken atm.
If you saved the game in .18 you won't be able to go back. Generally speaking, saves can only be opened in current version or later.
There may be versions/releases that are exceptions to this, but I wouldn't count on it.

Whenever upgrading, always keep the last save from the previous version for situations like this. (I also keep backups of blueprint-storage too just in case.)
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

I wonder if we will ever see the spawn position in the previews?

Ektoer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ektoer »

Maybe I can shed some light regarding the character inventory bug, this is what happens when you "search"... It seems the problem is with the recipes on the right side, for example in my case, I have the game modded with the ultra-combo Bob's+Angel's and it seems the size of some tabs there is messing with the inventory on the left side

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:24 pm
I think they are concentrating on fixing the existing bugs, before making more changes. Once they get those under control, then I expect they will get back to working on the GUI. (There are currently around 300 open bugs in viewforum.php?f=7, plus another 84 that are marked as assigned, and that is without even considering bugs that are pending more information).

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Omnifarious wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:35 pm
The Factorio devs have been some of the most responsive and communicative devs of any game I've ever played. And really, more responsive and communicative than the vast majority of software I've ever used. The only time I've ever had a significantly better experience with a group of software developers was when I was making important contributions to the project they were actively maintaining. I don't know that implying they're lax somehow with the word 'finally' is being particularly reasonable.

Also, what UX improvement would you especially want? The only thing I'm eager for is the new blueprint library, and I'm guessing that's going to take awhile to implement.
Remove filter from the hotbar with right click without rebinding my primary filter key.
An option to delete old mod versions. My SSD is size limited.
Order the toolbar left to right top to bottom not in that zig zag thingy.
Toolbar should be scrollable.
The 3 dots for the scrollbar are way to small.
Fuzzy search displays empty groups.
Tech tree search window on the bottom left is way to small for modded.
Make the different hotbars in order not in reverse order.
and I probably missed something that annoys me.

and then I would love the changelog.txt parser to be less picky, more verbose with errors or a linter for it that I don't need to restart my game every time to test if he finally accepts my changelog.

Cadde
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cadde »

Funny with this UI bug. Are they simply facerolling keyboards and pushing builds? Didn't they actually test that the UI changes were sane?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Probably ran out of time that day and didn't test it with mods ?
(UI issues seem to be pretty hard to catch with automated testing ?)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “Releases”