Factorio Roadmap for 1.0.

Information about releases and roadmap.
Alfdaur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.10 + 0.11 + 0.12

Post by Alfdaur »

generalmek wrote:for me its idiotism doing in game replay system. i better will use bandicam or fraps or many other program. this is only losting time, nobody not will use this. into prison architect they make replay system but i newer see letsplays on them, all use better program
The replay function is a result of the programming that is necesary for multiplayer. One of the developer/friday diaries explains this.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

generalmek wrote:for me its idiotism doing in game replay system. i better will use bandicam or fraps or many other program. this is only losting time, nobody not will use this. into prison architect they make replay system but i newer see letsplays on them, all use better program
You have no idea what you are talking about. o_O
Even IF the replay system would be used for videos, it would be a much better idea to use this system than fraps and co. (Because replay files are much smaller than any video.)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

nepp95
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nepp95 »

Have you been reading the news? :mrgreen:

generalmek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by generalmek »

Nova wrote:
You have no idea what you are talking about. o_O
Even IF the replay system would be used for videos, it would be a much better idea to use this system than fraps and co. (Because replay files are much smaller than any video.)
use bandicam if you hdd on 20gb )) 1hour-7gb with normal quality

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Yeah, five replays of Command and Conquer - Tiberium Wars (strategy game), ~20 minutes each: 5 MB. (Perfect quality)
Oh, and the replay function is for free instead of your bandicam (if you buy the game).
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Yes, not only are replays needed for our multiplayer model.

But it also provides much better service than just video, you can watch the game from the view of the player or as observer. You can check the state of other parts of the map that the player doesn't see etc. etc.
I'v grown up on starcraft replays, and I think it is invaluable tool.
Also, the replay can be used as proof once we set some challenges. (Challange to finish game on some specific map in shortest time, or some other challanges), people could share their results with replays and compete, while watching strategies of others.
The fact, that the replay is approximately 1000 times smaller thant he video can't be omitted as well :)

sciencemile
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sciencemile »

Hehe, Starcraft, makes me think there might eventually be a mode where you play the Biters, or have pvp multiplayer ;D, or for singleplayer more economically limited Biter Bases; (I:E Biters aren't just coming out of nowhere they're requiring some sort of resource that individual bases might just run out of if you're intent on waiting them out; worms can be connections linking multiple bases allowing biters from further away to join the frontlines.)

Will 0.10,11, or 12 add the "Creep" that prevents Adjacent Building?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

sciencemile wrote:Will 0.10,11, or 12 add the "Creep" that prevents Adjacent Building?
Probably not, but this is one of the possibilities for the future development.

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

kovarex wrote:
sciencemile wrote:Will 0.10,11, or 12 add the "Creep" that prevents Adjacent Building?
Probably not, but this is one of the possibilities for the future development.
Think we need better means of assaulting the biters before adding "Creep".

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Updated the roadmap 0.10 release date. It has been postponed by one week :cry: We are sorry about that, you can read more in the latest Friday Facts: http://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-36

ray4ever
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ray4ever »

Good luck for the release next week and try to get some sleep in between :)

When you have time, could you give us some more information on
(If time allows!) more circuit logic (circuits for electricity, trains, liquids, etc.)
?

Especially what do you mean with "circuit logic" in detail? I could think of some things you might want to do with trains, but I'm not sure if I get how you want to improve the electricity circuit logic for example.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Time didn't allow, we just want to clear bug reports section as much as possible to continue without big technologic debt.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

ray4ever wrote: Especially what do you mean with "circuit logic" in detail? I could think of some things you might want to do with trains, but I'm not sure if I get how you want to improve the electricity circuit logic for example.
No electricity, this:
https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... it_network
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Yes, that "Circuit Network" from ssilk's link
+ integration with the mentioned areas.
(for the questioned "electricity" that would be something like exporting power information to circuit network,
cn-controlled power relays/switches)

Kenshaiso
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kenshaiso »

Tanks (not storage tanks).

That is all i neeeeeeed

RawCode
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RawCode »

more circuit logic is ok.

but what about transport belt logic, like line blockers\shifters\switches?

actually easy to implement as mod, but still, such simple and usefull feature ignored for soo long time

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

can you update the roadmap 0.10 is out and 0.11 I think it may be out in August

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Lee_newsum wrote:and 0.11 I think it may be out in August
Don't have a stable release of 0.10 yet. I think october is more likely.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

FishSandwich wrote:
Lee_newsum wrote:and 0.11 I think it may be out in August
Don't have a stable release of 0.10 yet. I think october is more likely.
Actually we have been working on 0.11 (the first MP release) for a while. We are really motivated to get some basic MP done as soon as possible. We have kept like 60-40 focus on MP vs. 0.10. Our original target for first playable MP (very simple though) was end of August. Still kind of possible, but the amount of work is scary and considering this is a vacation season we are probably looking at september more realistically. But for instance yesterday I had a first successful test with more than 2 people in the game together (requires a fair bit of synchronization already):) The big challenge will be the corner cases once we get feedback for the basic MP version from the players eager to play it.

We are also kind of relaxed about stabilizing 0.10 - this has allowed many people to contribute many bug reports (that were present in the past as well). But yeah, it is slowly turning to ongoing bugfix release and we will push to make the stable release soon.

AttarCaldero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AttarCaldero »

Hi,

I am new in that game but it took maybe 10min. befor I bought that game. Please try to realise a MP with one of the next updates. For the first two players would be enough. So the users could find bugs and glitches. I cant wait for the MP.

Very good work, It is awesome.

Best Regards, AC

Return to “Releases”