Factorio Roadmap for 1.0.

Information about releases and roadmap.
mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.15 + 0.16

Post by mexmer »

Nexarius wrote:It would be cool if you added something like the mods do in minecraft.
1 Ore into a (slow)macerator -> 2 crushed ore and those can be put into an oven for 1 plate
check out angels mods, crusher does exactly what you want.

andybe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by andybe »

will the loading times (+ pausing the game while new players joins) remain as they are in 0.15?
I just saw a 0.14 stream where people joined the game without any pausing - can we have that back please?!

I'm trying to establish a sandbox community server
but large saves can be up to 100MB big. pausing the game for every player when someone joins can really be a pain :(
Especially when I'm planning to support up 100 players.
A Community of that size will have a lot of player fluctuation so basically more loading than playing ~~

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

@andybe The only pausing in 0.15 while player join is when the server save the map (for the player to download), but it's really short. I'm playing on a server so I already experience how server works in 0.15, if you really have a pause while the player join using 0.15 dedicated server, you may want to report it as a bug.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Hoeloe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hoeloe »

slpwnd wrote:Factorio 0.16
Planned:
  • Dirty mining. (Way to get more resources from mining posts at a cost of additional industry, logistics requirements and investment)
    We decided to not do this, the mining productivity research seems to be solving the problem.
I need to say, I agree with the fact that dirty mining is not needed anymore since we have mining productivity.
But what will be the major content now of 0.16? :P
Do you allready have big plans with the GUI reskin or is there something else we can expect?
Don't worry, I'm still satisfied with 0.15 :lol:

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

I thought artillery train was supposed to be the major 0.16 feature but alas it´s not listed

That said, this is HUGE feature for multi
Allow loading games with different mod settings (and automatically download the mods if necessary)

Artman40
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Artman40 »

Mining productivity is not really the best option at least in its current form.

In order to double the ores gotten from mines, you need mining productivity to be 50. That gobbles up enormous amount of resources and you probably need even more time for extra resources gotten from productivity to balance out extra resources spent on researching mining productivity in the first place.

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nexarius »

Artman40 wrote:Mining productivity is not really the best option at least in its current form.

In order to double the ores gotten from mines, you need mining productivity to be 50. That gobbles up enormous amount of resources and you probably need even more time for extra resources gotten from productivity to balance out extra resources spent on researching mining productivity in the first place.
Yes I think adding something else would be better like a more complex processing chain for more gain.

nubba
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nubba »

Hi,

dont know if im right in this section. Im reading that 0.16 is planned but wheres the 0.15 stable?
i only see the beta options. (steam) is it recommended to switch to one of these manually? And, if yes, what version?
Is the savegame i created on 0.14 still playable in 0.15.xyz ?
I downloaded mods and i cant activate them cause im on 0.14.

Thanks for help

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

nubba wrote: wheres the 0.15 stable?
There is none.
nubba wrote: is it recommended to switch to one of these manually? And, if yes, what version?
Only if you want to play an experimental version. Choose the updated branch 0.15.x.
nubba wrote:Is the savegame i created on 0.14 still playable in 0.15.xyz ?
Yes.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Loewchen wrote:
nubba wrote:Is the savegame i created on 0.14 still playable in 0.15.xyz ?
Yes.
You WILL be able to load that 0.14 save in 0.15 however your steam power plants will be broken as the concept and boilers have changed dramatically.
Also science packs have changed their recipe dramatically so you'll need to redesign that part.
Everything else should be fine.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

Yea, prior to upgrading your factory to 0.14, I recommend you to have a solar power plant large enough to power your factory at idle conditions, because chemical power plants will shut down due to the boiler model having changed. Those will need a complete redesign, but since both the capacity of the boiler and the steam engine have been upgraded, you can simply shuffle the existing plants into a proper configuration and you should be good to go. New ratio for boiler to power plant is 1 boiler, 2 powerplants, and 20 boilers can be supplied by 1 water pump. These values are all better then 0.14

If you don't do this, expect a blackout until you've rebuilt your chemical plant. Rebuilding your research after that's going to be even more of a challenge, but once you've got power and your defenses are working, that can be done at leisure.

Fumelfo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fumelfo »

Is the ability to place a blueprint using circuits something to be added ? Like ConMan or so. It has a vanilla touch
It would be sick !

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Mendel wrote:I thought artillery train was supposed to be the major 0.16 feature but alas it´s not listed.
I also thought I heard that artillery train was confirmed for 0.16. Has that changed recently? If not, why isn't it on the list?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

About the artillery train, I really hope its projectile will fly through a curve, just like the stream from flamethrower turret, but without the limitation of having at least 2 projectiles shot at a time. This would increase the moddability and allow us making true long range artilleries.
If its projectile is just like those from laser turret, than I would like to ask: why not just open the equipment grids for cargo wagons in vanilla and make some equipments for vehicles (e.g. vehicle laser defence)? Maybe even a new wagon type that does not have inventory but only equipment grids. It should be easier to implement since everything is already here. :)

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Having a train or wagon with only an equipment grid is actually a really cool idea, especially if there is a good variety of equipment you can use. I can imagine people would have fun creating complicated defense networks if you have lasers, shields, exoskeletons (which would have to be called something else) flamethrowers, and artillery, especially if the artillery had extremely long range (I'm thinking multiple chunks, so they could hit biter bases from a safe distance. To have good damage too, they would have to have an extremely long reload time, so they could be used with hit and run tactics. Of course, if they had to be below a certain speed to have good accuracy, that would add an interesting challenge.)

Then, if people started using circuits combined with all this, I'm sure some pretty amazing creations would come out.

I can't claim to understand all the stuff you said about modding, but it sounds like you have cool plans :). I really should get into mods sometime. Do you have any suggestions?

StahnAileron
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by StahnAileron »

Jap2.0 wrote:Having a train or wagon with only an equipment grid is actually a really cool idea, especially if there is a good variety of equipment you can use. I can imagine people would have fun creating complicated defense networks if you have lasers, shields, exoskeletons (which would have to be called something else) flamethrowers, and artillery, especially if the artillery had extremely long range (I'm thinking multiple chunks, so they could hit biter bases from a safe distance. To have good damage too, they would have to have an extremely long reload time, so they could be used with hit and run tactics. Of course, if they had to be below a certain speed to have good accuracy, that would add an interesting challenge.)

Then, if people started using circuits combined with all this, I'm sure some pretty amazing creations would come out.

I can't claim to understand all the stuff you said about modding, but it sounds like you have cool plans :). I really should get into mods sometime. Do you have any suggestions?
I am now trying to imagine (mainly the cannon section of) Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture done Factorio-style.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

I'm now imagining "MIDItorio, now with artillery trains as an instrument!" :lol:

Toude
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Toude »

Will you keep making Factorio for 32-bit Linux? I would really like to continue playing it on my 11 years old computer but the last compatible version is an 0.14.x.

SeigneurAo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SeigneurAo »

Toude wrote:Will you keep making Factorio for 32-bit Linux? I would really like to continue playing it on my 11 years old computer but the last compatible version is an 0.14.x.
No, they have clearly stated they won't.

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

slpwnd wrote:Update 27th July 2017: 0.15 is considered stable now, and we have a more solid plan for what features we are looking to add in 0.16, so the list has been updated.

Not everything we want to do is there, basically the main points. Also we can't guarantee we will be able to implement everything we mentioned (golden rule: everything takes longer than expected).

Factorio 0.16
Planned:
  • More high res stuff
  • GUI re-skin and possible improvements
  • New terrain generation
  • Belt-optimizations
  • Artillery train
  • Mod portal improvement (Rewrite)
  • General update optimizations
  • Allow loading games with different mod settings (and automatically download the mods if necessary)
  • Dirty mining. (Way to get more resources from mining posts at a cost of additional industry, logistics requirements and investment)
    We decided to not do this, the mining productivity research seems to be solving the problem.
You forgot "Steam/Gas Pipe Optimization"..because right now..if I build a 4+ reactor complex or a massive Steam power plant the UPS starts dying exponentially fast.

Return to “Releases”