Factorio Roadmap for 1.0.

Information about releases and roadmap.
Jan11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.15 + 0.16

Post by Jan11 »

I don`t know why I connect Factorio and this old song.^^ (and really often on Fridays)^^

https://youtu.be/RYnFIRc0k6E

Ohz
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ohz »

xng wrote:I have a feeling 0.15 will have the longest changelog in computer game history.
And I am pretty sure 0.14 doesn't cover everything... Can I find the full changelog (not about bugs) somewhere?
I'm not english, sorry for my mistakes

lollibast
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lollibast »

xng wrote:If 0.15 is not released soon this community will collaps in on itself, creating a vortex sucking each and everyone in, placing them in a hostile world where they need to mine iron and copper all day long and hide from biters.
fine for me but I'll be damned if there is no uranium to mine on that world

Attal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Attal »

lollibast wrote:
xng wrote:If 0.15 is not released soon this community will collaps in on itself, creating a vortex sucking each and everyone in, placing them in a hostile world where they need to mine iron and copper all day long and hide from biters.
fine for me but I'll be damned if there is no uranium to mine on that world
you can check your world for uranium deposits in this list :)

UniPer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by UniPer »

I guess most people want to see the story line continue. Now (almost) everyone has launched a rocket with a satellite attached to it and there isn't much more to do.
The game isn't even fully released and the story line is already finished to a lot of people.

I really hope the devs will work on a new story line that has more challenges and will keep us busy more a longer time. Maybe a multiplayer mode where you can play against and with each other, that would be nice.

NorwegianBlue
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NorwegianBlue »

If you haven't launched 1000 rockets and built a >1RPM base... there's a lot more fun to be had.

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

UniPer wrote:I guess most people want to see the story line continue. Now (almost) everyone has launched a rocket with a satellite attached to it and there isn't much more to do.
The game isn't even fully released and the story line is already finished to a lot of people.

I really hope the devs will work on a new story line that has more challenges and will keep us busy more a longer time. Maybe a multiplayer mode where you can play against and with each other, that would be nice.

As someone playing through again and who has logged well over 1k hours of time on this game over the years, let me suggest you check out Bob's Mods and Angel's Mods. In fact, install both at once. Then start up a new game and decide if there are no more challenges left. ;) I am still finding plenty of challenges in Factorio - in fact, I don't think I've ever gotten such great value from a game I've bought.

UniPer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by UniPer »

eformo wrote:
UniPer wrote:I guess most people want to see the story line continue. Now (almost) everyone has launched a rocket with a satellite attached to it and there isn't much more to do.

As someone playing through again and who has logged well over 1k hours of time on this game over the years, let me suggest you check out Bob's Mods and Angel's Mods. In fact, install both at once. Then start up a new game and decide if there are no more challenges left. ;) I am still finding plenty of challenges in Factorio - in fact, I don't think I've ever gotten such great value from a game I've bought.
I suppose you're right but I was actually talking about the main game. There are plenty of games around that can get new challenges/options/settings etc. with mods. But I think the main game should contain more challenges, not everyone wants to install mods to keep a game interesting.

Xenomorph
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xenomorph »

UniPer wrote: I suppose you're right but I was actually talking about the main game. There are plenty of games around that can get new challenges/options/settings etc. with mods. But I think the main game should contain more challenges, not everyone wants to install mods to keep a game interesting.
The main game without mods feels a little bit empty. I hope the version 0.15 get some new and interresting challenges. Some of the mods which i use will be part of 0.15, like the tankwaggon or the nuclear powerplant.
For those who don't like mods in their games. Before factorio i didn't use mods either, but in factorio it is so simple to use them.
By the way the reason for me to get my first factorio mod was the missing of a minigun. Every game must have a minigun ;)

UniPer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by UniPer »

Xenomorph wrote:
UniPer wrote: I suppose you're right but I was actually talking about the main game. There are plenty of games around that can get new challenges/options/settings etc. with mods. But I think the main game should contain more challenges, not everyone wants to install mods to keep a game interesting.
The main game without mods feels a little bit empty. I hope the version 0.15 get some new and interresting challenges. Some of the mods which i use will be part of 0.15, like the tankwaggon or the nuclear powerplant.
For those who don't like mods in their games. Before factorio i didn't use mods either, but in factorio it is so simple to use them.
By the way the reason for me to get my first factorio mod was the missing of a minigun. Every game must have a minigun ;)
The main game is empty for sure. It's way to short and once you figured out that 4 rows of belts keeps the alien creatures away from your base, it's way to easy.
It's the first time I finished a game this quick within it's alpha stage. The final version should have a more challenging and difficult story line. With more animals and the need of complex builds. Because of all the freedom you've got it's
to easy to finish the game.

It's not that I'm against mods because it's to difficult but just because I think a game on it's self should be entertaining enough, mods can provide extra's but you shouldn't need them to enjoy the game.

And about that mini-gun...Hell Yeah! :)

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

NorwegianBlue wrote:If you haven't launched 1000 rockets and built a >1RPM base... there's a lot more fun to be had.
I would argue with that. With the proper blueprints extending your base to launch 10 more rockets or 100 more rockets or even 10 RPM isn't really interesting and challenging.

UniPer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by UniPer »

imajor wrote:
NorwegianBlue wrote:If you haven't launched 1000 rockets and built a >1RPM base... there's a lot more fun to be had.
I would argue with that. With the proper blueprints extending your base to launch 10 more rockets or 100 more rockets or even 10 RPM isn't really interesting and challenging.
That's exactly what I wanted to say! That's my issue with this game...once you figured out 'how', it's not challenging anymore.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

It's not really that simple... There's a massive logistic challenge involved supplying that many rocket parts, and the components for those parts. Even if you came up with a rocket "module" that you pump iron and coal into and it makes rockets, copying it over and over still isn't the only thing you need to do. There's supplying each with enough resource and ensuring the resources are spread evenly between each "module". This however isn't really in the spirit of the game, you should be looking for ways to maximise the use of productivity modules in everything which means utilising speed beacons to boost efficiency and trying to get it all done in one giant outpost.

Personally that's not really my cup of tea but I can see why you would do it.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

purdueme91
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by purdueme91 »

I decided to try SpaceX with Bob's mods. Everything going fine until FTL research. My +2000% speed labs eat up red bottles faster than the lvl 5 green belt can supply them. So yeah now into rethinking how I can supply those labs differently and not overwhelm my 400MW solar plant (I want to try to get at least 4 super labs at +4000% speed). I don't even know if I want to go back to vanilla because how simple it seems compared to the mods I'm used to now.

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

I think I stopped somewhere around 70 rockets. Mostly because 99% of the time was spend by finding more resource patches on the map, and stamping my universal mining outpost blueprint. It was pretty boring to be honest. I think if one wants to continue playing after the first rocket (is there anyone who don't?) it is better to start a new game with mods.

js1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by js1 »

Also, even after you launch the rocket, you can try to play with different configurations (my favorite is rainbow belts and very compact ecological strategy), you can explore how you can utilize circuits and maybe even build computers...

I personally found the rocket goal rather boring, I came to Factorio because I like to "invent" things (the same reason why I like modded Minecraft), but I can see it's not everyone's cup of tea.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

imajor wrote:I think I stopped somewhere around 70 rockets. Mostly because 99% of the time was spend by finding more resource patches on the map, and stamping my universal mining outpost blueprint. It was pretty boring to be honest. I think if one wants to continue playing after the first rocket (is there anyone who don't?) it is better to start a new game with mods.
But the longer you get from center the more rich the patches are right?

The truth is, that this effect was increased by 50% and there is also the mining productivity research, so it is much smaller issue in 0.15

joon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by joon »

Lol, Spoiler Alert :D

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

kovarex wrote:
imajor wrote:I think I stopped somewhere around 70 rockets. Mostly because 99% of the time was spend by finding more resource patches on the map, and stamping my universal mining outpost blueprint. It was pretty boring to be honest. I think if one wants to continue playing after the first rocket (is there anyone who don't?) it is better to start a new game with mods.
Sure. This thing happened to me with some older version where the patches were the same everywhere.
js1 wrote:Also, even after you launch the rocket, you can try to play with different configurations (my favorite is rainbow belts and very compact ecological strategy), you can explore how you can utilize circuits and maybe even build computers...
You are absolutely right. I think I was doing three different configurations when I decided that I found a very optimal setup. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying the game is boring. I spent hundreds of hours doing all this stuff, and I'm not counting mods and future features. I'm just saying that once you launch your first rocket, I think it is a bad idea to launch much more, or going for X rockets per minute goals, because those won't make the game more interesting. There are tons of great mods, my favourite is https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Neemys/building-platform

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

kovarex wrote:

The truth is, that this effect was increased by 50% and there is also the mining productivity research, so it is much smaller issue in 0.15
Hey Spoilers mate!

Return to “Releases”