Factorio Roadmap for 1.0.

Information about releases and roadmap.
Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap

Post by Dysoch »

slpwnd wrote:
Dakkanor wrote:for steam i would say you should make the game as playable and stable as possible before going on steam, them focus on more features. not to say the game isn't currently playable or stable, but once its as reliable as possible you won't risk people losing interest because of bugs and the like
That is the plan and the reason why we have decided to postpone the multiplayer. Also when we try to get onto Steam we will most probably be aiming at the "Early access" category.
Smart move, i normally buy games at early access, simple because i believe in those games, and they are great ideas
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

Is 0.9 still on track for christmas given that 0.8 was already released later then the indicated date? And what comes after 0.9? :D
Ignore this

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Gammro wrote:Is 0.9 still on track for christmas given that 0.8 was already released later then the indicated date? And what comes after 0.9? :D
Since some of the features for 0.9 are in 0.8, and we are really close to xmas, I dont think it will be for xmas
1.0?!?!?!? :D maybe :0

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Updated the OP.

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

Woohoo, already looking forward to those additions :D
Ignore this

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

I can't really help it, but the thing I am looking forward to the most has to be multiplayer. Or at least I persistence (I hope). Where I can fire the game up on a server. Work on my factory. And have it work while I'm busy/logged off provided I protect it enough ;)

I already find myself alt-tabbing a lot in the game lol. Once you have a decent defense setup and everything is supplied and you have decent amounts of resource pools you can probably leave the game running for 24-48 hours easy without any intervention on the players part. Though interacting is fun as well.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

@TGS: Reminds me of the old Sim City for the SNES. Build a small city and let the console work over the night. The next day you then have much money - or no city, because an airplane crash has burned down your whole city! xD
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

LoSboccacc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LoSboccacc »

Is all well? Still aiming at late jan release?

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

LoSboccacc wrote:Is all well? Still aiming at late jan release?
We are doing a good progress overall but as usual there are unforeseen obstacles. Especially the art side is dragging because we had to redesign the old pipes. Also though the technical side of the oil industry is +- finished, there is quite some recipes / products content that needs to be added and experimented with. So the result is that IMHO there will be a 1-2 weeks delay.

generalmek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by generalmek »

slpwnd wrote:
LoSboccacc wrote:Is all well? Still aiming at late jan release?
We are doing a good progress overall but as usual there are unforeseen obstacles. Especially the art side is dragging because we had to redesign the old pipes. Also though the technical side of the oil industry is +- finished, there is quite some recipes / products content that needs to be added and experimented with. So the result is that IMHO there will be a 1-2 weeks delay.
guys i dont know you plan but we need

doors (2squire and for train or car 6 squire)
medikit
difficulty level for free play for score board i want play on hard and show friends and look on they result =)(just increase research cost)

and plz make night vision less green, now not useful. flash light and light after shoot much better

and u can make better recepts for next better weapon(if you need make auto rifle you need make pistol+today recept, same armor) or we must drop previosly weapon and armor to wooden box? (chenge some recepts easy)

i hate play on mods always play on official games

Alfdaur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Alfdaur »

Hi there developers,

First let me say that I really like this game. Yes, yes, I know, this isn't the first time you've heard this. But let me ask a question.

I would like to know what the future of factorio will have in store for us. So I was wondering if you guys could update the roadmap. I'm still hearing musings of what could be added by the developers and so I'm wondering what you guys are planning for the next feature release.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

In the next months: Multiplayer and polishing the game for steam. That's the important stuff, anything else should be incidental.
Last edited by Nova on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Nova wrote:In the next months: Multiplayer and polishing the game for steam. That's the important stuff, anything else should be a incidental.
This is pretty much it. We will update the roadmap soon though ...

Alfdaur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Alfdaur »

A thank you. I will be looking forward to that. :)

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Roadmap has been updated.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

""Factory sound background". Entities in the game will have specific sounds that play when player is near. "

This sounds like a really good thing and I want just to say, that this should be extended to the type of backgroundmusic which is played.

In later game, you will have bigger trainstations, Mining sites etc. When a certain theshold of building types in percent (eg miners) is in reach of player, the music changes to the most appropriate theme, seamlessly. Or other music in big forrests, or near biter nests.

Alfdaur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Alfdaur »

Ah, it's nice seeing the roadmap being updated. To be honest, i'm the most excited for the "proper endgame content" and the"fight revisit". Well those things are in future patches, so I'll just enjoy what we've gotten now. :)

Calico
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.10 + 0.11 + 0.12

Post by Calico »

Sounds, endgame, multiplayer.... so much stuff to look forward to. NICE!

e39a562r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.10 + 0.11 + 0.12

Post by e39a562r »

Factorio 0.x
  • female player
  • nude female player
:twisted:

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff