kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Factorio Roadmap

Post by kovarex »

zer0t3ch wrote:
DRBLN wrote:End of August is coming
And.......?
And the update is certainly not going to be now :)
Everything takes longer than expected and is more complicated than expected ...
Not sooner than in 2 weeks.

You can see some pictures here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... tif_t=like

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

zer0t3ch wrote:
And.......?
Way to read the OP.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

i dont like all the impatience around here..
they release it, when they think its time.

screenshots look cool! especially the paintings.
its like: yeaah draw a few lines, scritch scratch here and there...oh..we have created a mooooonster :D

Balinor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Balinor »

Impatience will never be cured. Slightly contained maybe by keeping the roadmap a little more up to date, but never cured. I use a lot of alpha software currently so I'm not bothered by what condition it arrives in while it's still wearing the alpha tags but I'm also into a lot of games and have my eye on two big releases coming up with Rome 2 and X Rebirth so I'm not too worried about the frequency either. I'm sure for some that Factorio is their main game at this moment so for them the impatience level is probably much higher.

applemachine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by applemachine »

Cool! Never saw these pics. Got any more?

zer0t3ch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zer0t3ch »

n9103 wrote:
zer0t3ch wrote:
And.......?
Way to read the OP.
Oops :3 Thank you!
"F**k thy hater"
-George Watsky

Feel free to contact me!
Razer Comms: Zer0t3ch
Email: zer0t3ch@live.com

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

gr0mpel wrote:i dont like all the impatience around here..
they release it, when they think its time.
Well, see it like this: there's a crowd of people who are eagerly awaiting the release! That's way better than not knowing whether anyone cares or will ever care about the game (which seems to have been the case before the crowdfunding campaign). I doubt anyone's going to be seriously mad about the delay.

For what it's worth: I can't wait to see the release, but of course, take your time to make it as perfect as you see fit ;-)

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

wrtlprnft wrote: Well, see it like this: there's a crowd of people who are eagerly awaiting the release! That's way better than not knowing whether anyone cares or will ever care about the game (which seems to have been the case before the crowdfunding campaign). I doubt anyone's going to be seriously mad about the delay.

For what it's worth: I can't wait to see the release, but of course, take your time to make it as perfect as you see fit ;-)

u may be right and i may have sounded a little bit to negative.
of course its great when there is still demand for more content, but what always comes to my mind when this happens is: its better to wait a little longer instead of having something unfinished/unpolished or even not working and therefore having no fun with it.

LoSboccacc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LoSboccacc »

Sure we do understand the delays.

But showing up to drop a couple lines of the effect of 'guys were two three weeks late' would go a long way to communicate expectations.

Two week delays happens one day a time, after all.

Me? I kind of saw that coming when last update took up two months to stabilize but I really don't care.

Keep up the great work guys! Polishing always take lot of time.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

We will try to communicate more:) We have already started by posting some details from the 0.7 release preparation on our facebook page.

Grey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Grey »

Hi as is has been some time since your roadmap has been updated... how far is your progress with multiplayer? I read that you are working on it and you're making some progress on internal prerequesites, but is there something like a rough schedule?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

There is currently the Factorio Friday Facts and the Random Ramblings, which explain much more, than a roadmap.

I mean also, that a software, which is made in an agile process like this doesn't need a roadmap. This is old style. Roadmaps are for customers, which need to plan 2 years into future. Do we need to know that? And how expensive is it to write it?

Want to have new features/bugfixes instead of roadmaps. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

I wouldn't mind having an overview of planned features. I don't necessarily have to see when something is planned, so long as I can see if something is planned or if it's being developed already.
Ignore this

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

I updated the roadmap for the next two releases. As usual this is just a general direction and many smaller things will go in as well.

Balinor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Balinor »

slpwnd wrote:I updated the roadmap for the next two releases. As usual this is just a general direction and many smaller things will go in as well.
Thanks for this. I love the roadmap and the friday facts you guys are posting.

Apocalypse
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Apocalypse »

Still missing the multiplayer :(

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Apocalypse wrote:Still missing the multiplayer
I am sorry. The multiplayer is of course still on the list. However we really need to make it on the Steam to be able to continue developing the game. If we manage to do that we will start the work on the multiplayer. I don't like to condition the multiplayer by us getting on the Steam, but thats how it is. Factorio development is not financially sustainable yet and we believe that the Steam sales will give us this stability. We could have had the multiplayer done by now if we started three months ago. Or not. It is not clear because it really is a huge task. And we wouldn't have the 0.6 and 0.7 releases content. Therefore we decided to work on smaller things that clearly improve the game and increase our chance of getting the game to the broader audience.

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

My suggestion is that you should focus on the game for now to release 0.10 (or 1.0) which will contain most features. Then the steam campaign has a lot of chance to succeed. (Seen plenty of games in alpha stage go down in steam)
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

just my luck, the next two releases will really be things to look forward to, and form mid november till febuary im gonna be too busy to dig in to them.

for steam i would say you should make the game as playable and stable as possible before going on steam, them focus on more features. not to say the game isn't currently playable or stable, but once its as reliable as possible you won't risk people losing interest because of bugs and the like

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Dakkanor wrote:for steam i would say you should make the game as playable and stable as possible before going on steam, them focus on more features. not to say the game isn't currently playable or stable, but once its as reliable as possible you won't risk people losing interest because of bugs and the like
That is the plan and the reason why we have decided to postpone the multiplayer. Also when we try to get onto Steam we will most probably be aiming at the "Early access" category.

Return to “Releases”