Factorio Roadmap for 1.0.

Information about releases and roadmap.
TheRaph
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.16+

Post by TheRaph »

luc wrote:
MeduSalem wrote: the stock vanilla Items aren't made to deal with that sort of throughput growth (not even the Logistic Bots). Even making your megabase entirely modular won't help about it because of how it impacts the UPS/FPS negatively after a certain point if you always keep on expanding by a factor of 4.

[...] I don't feel like going that far in the first place because it doesn't add anything gameplay wise because it's just clicking a button and waiting for the result... I can just leave Factorio running in the background of my computer for several days in an average factory to compensate for the lack of throughput, but what's the point of that if it clearly becomes so tedious that I consider doing such things rather than actually playing?

[...] getting to the end of the regular research tree you are already so overpowered and you have such a strong defense set up that you literally nuke everything to oblivion even without single-hitting Behemoths.
Wow, you summed that up extremely well. I've been trying to figure out what I don't like about end-game factorio, but this is exactly it.
fully agree :)

tomvalk25
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tomvalk25 »

Can you please bring back the alien artefacts; if I play a peacefull game is is totaly useless to place alien bases (in mapcreator)
With the artefacts create the 8th science pack ( dark blue or something)

When I place Powerpoles on resource patches (especialy Iron Ore) I can't see its radius :oops:

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

Does the gui rewrite for 0.17 means that you actually stop using agui and create your own?

TiTaN_3000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TiTaN_3000 »

It would be great if the 0.16 release could happen before december, we need those belt optimizations. :D

Are there any plans when 0.16 will be released?

c0bRa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by c0bRa »

TiTaN_3000 wrote:Are there any plans when 0.16 will be released?
When it's done... 8-)

DeathMers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DeathMers »

c0bRa wrote:
When it's done... 8-)
0.16 done confirmed?

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

DeathMers wrote:
c0bRa wrote:
When it's done... 8-)
0.16 done confirmed?
0.16 will be released...

before it's done.

Ingvar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ingvar »

Of course, we can't ask how long until 0.16 is going to be released, or if you have any ideas of when we could be expecting it.

As a software developer I fully understand anyone who doesn't want to work under such expectations and the pressure which goes with it.
In fact, you are developing something which doesn't exist. It's like building a unique house with a unique blueprint and design and features which no other buildings have ever had.
And then the owner stands beside you, as you figure out details on the blueprint and house, and says "When are you done?" That can actually be extremely frustrating, and certainly doesn't help the progress.

On the other hand; how is development of 0.16 going? It has been unusually quiet for a while. Did you all take a well deserved vacation to Honolulu or something? Or to Helgoland? Hawaii?

I'm excited about the artillery train. End game is very hard without it, as green biters slowly creep on to the tracks and eventually, by standing in the way, will take down locomotives.
I hope the artillery train is fully end-game capable. Perhaps scale-able, allowing all tiers of ammunition, and able to cope with evolution factor of 1.0.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Ingvar wrote:(...)
On the other hand; how is development of 0.16 going? It has been unusually quiet for a while. Did you all take a well deserved vacation to Honolulu or something? Or to Helgoland? Hawaii?
(...)
Last 0.16 news just yesterday : https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-218

Hi-rez stuff is for 0.16.

They will give an ETA when they know they can give us one.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

CLion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CLion »

tomvalk25 wrote:Can you please bring back the alien artefacts; if I play a peacefull game is is totaly useless to place alien bases (in mapcreator)
With the artefacts create the 8th science pack ( dark blue or something)
ehhm no?
alien artefacts where totally useless, at first u couldn't aquire enough of them and then suddenly there's way to much of it
you still need to destroy alien bases in peaceful mode to make space for ur expansion, lack of artefacts doesn't change that
plus the lack of artefacts makes maps without any aliens possible

btw there are mods for ur special wishes

tomvalk25
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tomvalk25 »

We have (with the basic game) the ability to build crafting machine mk3
Is there a possibility that there come more buildings with higher speed and power?
Such as the solar Panel MK2-MK3 + accumulators
Refinery MK2-MK3

I don't want to use too many mods
And something else:
Is there a way to Manualy update mods? Or do I have to Wait for the mod_builder to update
Or Can somebody paste a link to the right topic
I can modify some resepis in mods, but it is to complicated for me to build my own mods

PS My appologies for my bad English (I'm dutch)

Mango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mango »

tomvalk25 wrote: Is there a way to Manualy update mods? Or do I have to Wait for the mod_builder to update
I can modify some resepis in mods, but it is to complicated for me to build my own mods
You can try to change these things in info.json, but it would work only it there were no changes to scripts an modding stuff that mod uses.

"factorio_version": "0.16",
"dependencies": ["base >= 0.16.0"]
Hm.... so we have a mystery donor... intriguing.

Sigma1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sigma1 »

Mango wrote: You can try to change these things in info.json, but it would work only it there were no changes to scripts an modding stuff that mod uses.

You will also probably need to add

Code: Select all

icon_size=<Icon Size Here>
to all item prototypes.
she/they

tomvalk25
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tomvalk25 »

Mango wrote:
tomvalk25 wrote: Is there a way to Manualy update mods? Or do I have to Wait for the mod_builder to update
You can try to change these things in info.json, but it would work only it there were no changes to scripts an modding stuff that mod uses.

I already tried that :oops:

illmaren
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by illmaren »

Allow loading games with different mod settings (and automatically download the mods if necessary)
When can we hope to get that Feature? That the Game cant do that is the only reason why I'm not using mods...cause no one can join if I use them.....

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Soon™
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Koub wrote:Soon™
let's hope it's not Valve time ;)

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Allow loading games with different mod settings (and automatically download the mods if necessary)
Would this be a solution for multi-person games, or a solution for playing different saves with different mods, or both? To explain if that isn't clear -- I started playing Sea Block, which has a extensive mod list. Unfortunately this keeps me from easily switching back to some of my other saved games because of the necessary mods for Sea Block. It would be cool if there was an easy way to have a set of mods associated with specific saves allowing easy flipping back and forth between different mod setups. I'm guessing I'm not the first to request this, but I figured it couldn't hurt for it to be said again. :mrgreen:
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Mr. Tact wrote:
Would this be a solution for multi-person games, or a solution for playing different saves with different mods, or both? To explain if that isn't clear -- I started playing Sea Block, which has a extensive mod list. Unfortunately this keeps me from easily switching back to some of my other saved games because of the necessary mods for Sea Block. It would be cool if there was an easy way to have a set of mods associated with specific saves allowing easy flipping back and forth between different mod setups. I'm guessing I'm not the first to request this, but I figured it couldn't hurt for it to be said again. :mrgreen:
Do you know that we already have feature for that? When loading a save, press the "magical" button "Sync mods with save", it even allows yo to download missing mods from the mod portal.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

kovarex wrote:Do you know that we already have feature for that? When loading a save, press the "magical" button "Sync mods with save", it even allows yo to download missing mods from the mod portal.
Derp. :cry:

Apparently, I am an idiot -- I did not know, despite having noticed the button before. Totally my bad. Well, that should make things easier... LOL.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Return to “Releases”