Information about releases and roadmap.
Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.16+

Post by Deadlock989 »

Klonan wrote:
My way of balancing bots
Every couple of ingame hours, there is a thunderstorm, and it can arc between your logistic bots, and fry them

Also every few hours there is a tornado, that will swirl all your bots together and carry them away
Every 5 minutes there is a chance that a piece of belt somewhere in your factory gets rusty and seizes up.

You don't get any notification about it but when you get nearby it makes a god-awful screeching, grinding noise that puts your teeth on edge.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Every time you launch a rocket, there is a 1% chance that an engine misfires and the rocket spins out of control and takes out half of your base. Because random.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

Deadlock989 wrote:Every 5 minutes there is a chance that a piece of belt somewhere in your factory gets rusty and seizes up.
You don't get any notification about it but when you get nearby it makes a god-awful screeching, grinding noise that puts your teeth on edge.
hehe this concept was made in a mod deadlock, in case you havent seen it check out "Wear and Tear" mods: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/WearAndTear also, i sympathise as know what that screeching is like :) viewtopic.php?f=27&t=21475&start=320#p345451
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

numgun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by numgun »

Posting my suggestion to solve the issue of "replayability" and other concerns regarding how factorio feels unsatisfying once the current objective is reached:

[Suggestion] I feel hollow after finishing a game of Factorio: LINK
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=58404

It offers a completely different approach to the issue, discarding the notion of a finite "playthrough" entirely.

It has more to do with rethinking on how to use existing content/features and making them synergize, rather than relying on adding new content forever.
  • I feel hollow after finishing a game of Factorio: THREAD LINK

ledow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ledow »

Deadlock989 wrote:Every time you launch a rocket, there is a 1% chance that an engine misfires and the rocket spins out of control and takes out half of your base. Because random.
AKA SpaceX.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.17+

Post by Gergely »

slpwnd wrote:Factorio 0.17
Planned:
  • Recipe tree GUI. This should be the foundation of some kind of ingame factoriopedia. It should provide the player fast ways to get the answer to questions like: "what is this item used to?" and "What is the graph of recipe dependencies for this".
Finally! It will be reality!!!

HammerPiano
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by HammerPiano »

Planned:
  • Recipe tree GUI. This should be the foundation of some kind of ingame factoriopedia. It should provide the player fast ways to get the answer to questions like: "what is this item used to?" and "What is the graph of recipe dependencies for this".
Will this work with modded items and recipes?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

HammerPiano wrote:
Planned:
Will this work with modded items and recipes?
Yes, like the technology GUI

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

So no space platforms? :(

sathill
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sathill »

For me its obligatory to make happen:
*switch to disable personal logistic (bots and logistic slots). Because sometimes player just want to dump all items.
*ghost building belts. They are superb on medium distances but its pain to build them.
*make something to never-ending alarms after bitters attack. Main reason i disable them.
*make into main game one of the mods "planner upgrader" because its pain to upgrade factory (yellow belts to red for example).
*some way for trains to kill behemoths. Now only reaaaaaaly bigass train can run them over but its no fun for me to build those.
*radar range infinite research.

akynaston
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by akynaston »

I know back in the past Spidertron has been spoken about almost ad naseum; but I'm still going to do it - I really look forward to more vehicles in the game; and this I see as being pretty huge. I'd love to see this be bumped up in priority :-)

Filias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Filias »

Deadlock989 wrote:Every time you launch a rocket, there is a 1% chance that an engine misfires and the rocket spins out of control and takes out half of your base. Because random.
Random events (disasters) could be interesting in the end game.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Filias wrote:
It wouldn't add anything to the game though, because your bots would just auto-repair or replace anything broken.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Filias wrote:
why people in building games always want something to break, destroy stuff randomly?

we playing building/engineering game, not maintenance game.

repairing/rebuilding stuff because some random thing happens is not fun, it's tedious, even if you have some automatization to do it for you (construction robots in factorio case)

driver
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by driver »

I would like to see some minitutorials on circuits.
There could be a tutorial how to use powerswitches with two conditions (treshold) based for example on chests to turn off sectors/parts of your production. Maybe I'm lazy but it took me really long to find out how this works. ;)
Screenshot example: the energy independent production of red or green science packs sectors turn off if a certain storage level in lab chests is reached and turn on, if storage is low.
https://imgur.com/9r6MVYR

Dagobert
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dagobert »

cpy wrote:So no space platforms? :(
Also very disappointed - hopefully this will be delivered as Addon or similar. The late game/additional content after the "rocket launch" is the one thing the game is missing at the moment.

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

There is something I see the development team constantly missing. The way biter bases are generated is garbage. I feel like it's getting passed up because almost everyone just uses RSO mod instead. But RSO provides other issues some people don't like, and besides, the base game shouldn't require mods to be reasonably playable. Please fix biter base generation!

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

mexmer wrote: why people in building games always want something to break, destroy stuff randomly?

we playing building/engineering game, not maintenance game.
Probably because in real world maintenance is essential part of almost all engineering work. Even if you develop new products you have to think maintenance, if it is not cheap expendable consumer stuff. And in that case, you may have to plan it so that it is impractical to maintain without special equipment and skills so that customers buy always a new product. Maintenance would be one way to extend interest in endgame where building is copying of existing structures until you get bored or your computer can not handle your base anymore. Also there are no building games which have well thought maintenance aspect and at least I would like to have one. That would be very interesting addition to Factorio which is already very good building game. I understand that such complexity would be interesting for only professional engineers or engineering students, but I am an engineer and maintenance have very significant role in my work. Even a good possibility to make such mod would be interesting.

Current mods are too simple and construction bots are practically free to build and use. I do not also want to have simple breaking models in current game because if some building is broken it is fixed in few seconds with no costs. But if there were need to manage risks and allocate some part of production to safety measures and automated repairing operations. Player could pursue to faster growth at expense of significant risk of lose of several hour's work or avoid risks and proceed more slowly. Currently Factorio is quite straightforward run to goal your have selected without any significant strategic decisions.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Hannu wrote:Probably because in real world
Yawn, real world. Gonna play a game instead.

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Hannu wrote:Probably because in real world
Yawn, real world. Gonna play a game instead.
Yeah, I would not expect it to be an interesting gameplay mechanic.

Return to “Releases”