Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.10 + 0.11 + 0.12

Post by SilverWarior »

kovarex wrote:
e39a562r wrote:Factorio 0.x
  • female player
  • nude female player
:twisted:
This would make the sales go 200% up :)
Only if characters would be in high resolution. Most pepole nowadays don't have enough imagination to live iwth low resolution images and then imagine them as being real objects. :lol:

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

SilverWarior wrote:
kovarex wrote:
e39a562r wrote:Factorio 0.x
  • female player
  • nude female player
:twisted:
This would make the sales go 200% up :)
Only if characters would be in high resolution. Most pepole nowadays don't have enough imagination to live iwth low resolution images and then imagine them as being real objects. :lol:
high resolution adds will help the imaginationally challenged people :lol:
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

Zourin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zourin »

It would be a good idea to take a moment to evaluate and recompile the research trees, as it's starting to show signs of being over-amended as new things were added.

- ensure that every technology requires the technology to build its components
- ensure that research costs/time reflect the proper stage at which it should be 'available' (eg, red/green/blue/purple balancing)
- ensure that sequential researches are well distributed between the four tech stages

I'm definitely looking forward to a revisiting of the combat mechanics and some weapon/enemy rebalancing.

Zeeth_Kyrah
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap

Post by Zeeth_Kyrah »

BurnHard wrote:""Factory sound background". Entities in the game will have specific sounds that play when player is near. "

This sounds like a really good thing and I want just to say, that this should be extended to the type of backgroundmusic which is played.

In later game, you will have bigger trainstations, Mining sites etc. When a certain theshold of building types in percent (eg miners) is in reach of player, the music changes to the most appropriate theme, seamlessly. Or other music in big forrests, or near biter nests.
One important setting would be to separate music and ambient sounds in the audio settings dialog. That way if the music is getting in the way but the player wants to hear machinery (or vice versa), they can reduce the volume of the thing they don't want to hear so much. In fact, it might be good to have separate sliders for many different groups of sounds as well as a master volume control, much like in the 1.7 update to Minecraft.
Planned projects: Energy Crystals Plus, Minor Fluid Handling, Small electric furnaces
(high-energy materials and assembler, fluid void burner and small tank, tiny and slow furnaces with charcoal)

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Zeeth_Kyrah wrote: One important setting would be to separate music and ambient sounds in the audio settings dialog. That way if the music is getting in the way but the player wants to hear machinery (or vice versa), they can reduce the volume of the thing they don't want to hear so much. In fact, it might be good to have separate sliders for many different groups of sounds as well as a master volume control, much like in the 1.7 update to Minecraft.
Separate sliders for ambient music, environment sounds, game effects, etc. are already in place for 0.10. Including the long missing master volume control. We don't plan to have different sliders for different groups of ambient sounds, but that might change depending on the feedback from the community.

MaxStrategy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MaxStrategy »

You guys are so organized! I can't wait for multiplayer :D

saykhia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by saykhia »

slpwnd wrote: Factorio 0.12
  • Working Multiplayer.
  • Oil extension (boiler for oil, oil wagon).
  • Fight revisit (balancing, tank, more enemies variety, ...)
  • Proper tech tree.
I actually think that needing to transport liquids via barrels (as opposed to using oil wagons) is an interesting mechanic in itself and provides an interesting logistical puzzle.

Perhaps the liquid capacity per barrel can be increased instead to make the barrels more useful?

Or perhaps the new oil wagon can be balanced somehow to still make barrels viable in the future?

Zeeth_Kyrah
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zeeth_Kyrah »

saykhia wrote:
slpwnd wrote: Factorio 0.12
  • Working Multiplayer.
  • Oil extension (boiler for oil, oil wagon).
  • Fight revisit (balancing, tank, more enemies variety, ...)
  • Proper tech tree.
I actually think that needing to transport liquids via barrels (as opposed to using oil wagons) is an interesting mechanic in itself and provides an interesting logistical puzzle.

Perhaps the liquid capacity per barrel can be increased instead to make the barrels more useful?

Or perhaps the new oil wagon can be balanced somehow to still make barrels viable in the future?
I'd go for stack limits on oil barrels, and/or making them actual fluid containers with variable amounts stored. So an oil transport wagon (that holds many more barrels worth of liquid) would be a more viable means of getting your oil around, instead of a handful in a cargo wagon.
Planned projects: Energy Crystals Plus, Minor Fluid Handling, Small electric furnaces
(high-energy materials and assembler, fluid void burner and small tank, tiny and slow furnaces with charcoal)

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

I feel like this thread could use being a global sticky. A lot of people keep asking for it and generally it should be visible from everywhere.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Well, I won't decide that myself.

For the other moderators: https://www.phpbb.com/support/documenta ... tools_type
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Drury wrote:I feel like this thread could use being a global sticky.
That sounds like a decent idea :)

LoSboccacc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LoSboccacc »

SilverWarior wrote: Only if characters would be in high resolution. Most pepole nowadays don't have enough imagination to live iwth low resolution images and then imagine them as being real objects. :lol:
I grow up in the nineties and I have a jpeg fetish now /cit

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

SilverWarior wrote:Only if characters would be in high resolution. Most pepole nowadays don't have enough imagination to live iwth low resolution images and then imagine them as being real objects. :lol:
Indeed, which is why that Minecraft game failed to attract enough customers and was abandoned.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

Well if anything the character model should be remade to match with the rest of the game.

Just for consistency.

Garwan50
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Garwan50 »

slpwnd wrote:
  • Finish the trailer. This is a #1 priority now :) Together with this we will work on presentation (finish new logo, new forum skin, new screenshots on web, credits page in the game)
  • Functional replays. This will be a side-effect of multiplayer efforts.
  • Improve Map creation process (shareable map generation string, simpler map generation settings, meaningful difficulties).
  • "Factory sound background". Entities in the game will have specific sounds that play when player is near.
  • (If time allows!) more circuit logic (circuits for electricity, trains, liquids, etc.)
I don't get it. Replays are respawn features ? Or something to go back in time, or speed up it ?
Thanks
Check out the factorio french community !/Allez faire un tour sur le site fan français !
www.factorio-fr.com
French Wiki/Wiki français

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

The replays is a file, containing all actions you've done since start. Currently it doesn't work, cause of the missing determinism - needed for multiplayer. This is very important.

But when working, it simulates every action until the moment, when the game (and replay) was saved.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

DrNoid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrNoid »

One of the cool thing deterministic replays like that can allow is continuing playing from any point in the replay. Instead of loading a save game to a fixed point in time, you watch the replay until the point where you think you made a mistake, and then continue playing from there.

Garwan50
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Garwan50 »

Thanks for this clarification
Check out the factorio french community !/Allez faire un tour sur le site fan français !
www.factorio-fr.com
French Wiki/Wiki français

generalmek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by generalmek »

for me its idiotism doing in game replay system. i better will use bandicam or fraps or many other program. this is only losting time, nobody not will use this. into prison architect they make replay system but i newer see letsplays on them, all use better program

DrNoid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrNoid »

But PA doesn't have multi player. Replays are used in Starcraft 2 all the time, and those are the same type of replays we're talking about here.
The PA system just takes screenshots (if I recall correctly), it's not a proper replay system. So you can't compare the two.

But the most important, 95% of the code is needed any way, for multi player. So it's not a big job to add replays.

Return to “Releases”