Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.15 + 0.16

Post by aubergine18 »

bobingabout wrote:
slpwnd wrote: Factorio 0.15
Planned:
  • Liquid wagon + universal barrelling
Are we forgetting the abillity to use fluids as fuels?
And electricity as fuel too... Electric trains anyone?
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

davidmm18
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by davidmm18 »

I'm hoping the artillery turret is still in the works.

Chibiabos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chibiabos »

aubergine18 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
slpwnd wrote: Factorio 0.15
Planned:
  • Liquid wagon + universal barrelling
Are we forgetting the abillity to use fluids as fuels?
And electricity as fuel too... Electric trains anyone?
They already have the start of equipment grids for vehicles. I imagine if you're stucking fusion generators into trains, that eliminates the need for fuel (or maybe deuterium for fusion fuel?)

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

bobingabout wrote:Are we forgetting the abillity to use fluids as fuels?
Well I asked myself the same... including the boiling/heating of fluids for the Oil Industry. If I remember right there was something planned for that as well.

Maybe it just got dropped as it seems like the planned features will make everything super tight especially if they are going to keep the goal of hitting 1.0 with 0.16. Then it is almost certain that not even all the things on the 0.15/0.16 roadmap will make it into the game before 1.0... not without a compromise on the stabilization phases or even delaying 1.0 further... because in general everything takes longer than planned.

... on top of that I would also recommend that there should probably be one additional/final update (it could be part of 0.16) before they go on vacation that isn't mainly about adding new features but rather about balancing/tweaking everything in the game, like Research/Recipes, especially Combat etc. Because there are quite some things that have accumulated on that part as well and I fear balancing-on-the-go won't cut it. I mean we are used to a lot of the things in the game being exactly as they are, but that doesn't mean that they are well balanced. A "finishing touch" if you so want.

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dasiro »

any estimates on the releasedate of 0.15 as basically everything non-multiplayer was postponed?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

dasiro wrote:any estimates on the releasedate of 0.15 as basically everything non-multiplayer was postponed?
The 0.15 features weren't postponed, we just renamed 0.14 to 0.15, and pushed out an extra one in between, which is now 0.14

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Please review the endgame.

Not so much WHAT It is, as the cost. At the moment, the satllite launch is pretty much a joke in terms of resource usage - by the time you are there, you just handle it without a lot of planning. Pump that one of enough to be a challenge. I hope a beter space games comes in Factorio 2 or a DLC - but the end goal even in 1.0 should not be something you "just do" without any thinking because you have all the stuff anyway lying around in a factory by the time you get there.

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dasiro »

Klonan wrote:
dasiro wrote:any estimates on the releasedate of 0.15 as basically everything non-multiplayer was postponed?
The 0.15 features weren't postponed, we just renamed 0.14 to 0.15, and pushed out an extra one in between, which is now 0.14
maybe it's a poor choice of words. transferred to the next major release may be more adequate.
I'm only playing singleplayer, but updated to 14.1 anyway as experimental seems to need more user-attention, but I'm eager for the 15.0 gfx updates and a few other features, so I was just hoping to squeeze out a date to look forward to, even though chance exists that it'll be shifted a few times :p

Hoeloe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hoeloe »

Wasn't this also planned for 0.14 0.15 + 0.16? I thought I read that somewhere. . .
New types of rails (curves, s-curves ...)

Maybe I interpreted it only because of this:
Factorio 0.13 (June 2016)
Better rail building

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hoeloe wrote:Wasn't this also planned for 0.14 0.15 + 0.16? I thought I read that somewhere. . .
New types of rails (curves, s-curves ...)

Maybe I interpreted it only because of this:
Factorio 0.13 (June 2016)
Better rail building
Not planned yet, I mean, I don't deny the S rails, as they are quite needed, but our todo list is quite long already.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

I'm realy upset liquid wagon / tanker is being pushed again. The mod is great and most people use it (over 21k downloads...) - the need to transfer oil to the main base demands it and having that ability in game is, in my opinion, a must - even if you buy the rights to the mod.

In fact, all of choumiko's mods are amazing - F.A.R.L. (almost 20k downloads) is probably one of the most used mods by youtubers and the community and Rail tanker doesn't fall far behind (I'm sure). When you brought the equevelent of AutoTrash, it was accepted by most of the community - why not do the same with his other two popular mods - those that almost everyone is asking for ?
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

jockeril wrote:I'm realy upset liquid wagon / tanker is being pushed again.
What... the Liquid wagon is coming with 0.15 anyways, so what are you ranting about?

It's not being pushed again. They just decided to throw 0.14 in between for the massive multiplayer rework, which would otherwise have delayed the entire update.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

MeduSalem wrote:
What... the Liquid wagon is coming with 0.15 anyways, so what are you ranting about?

It's not being pushed again. They just decided to throw 0.14 in between for the massive multiplayer rework, which would otherwise have delayed the entire update.
It keeps getting pushed back without giving any reason for it while this is something that feels like it would be possible to implement in an afternoon.

There may be a good reason why it's more complicated than copying what the fluid tanker mod does but the simple fact that the mod exists make it feel weak.

I get the same feeling with filterable chests. (the only reason I've been given on that is that the insertion behavior would be hard to implement even though most of the implementation of it already exists with the mobile inventories which are filterable)

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

ratchetfreak wrote:
MeduSalem wrote:

It keeps getting pushed back without giving any reason for it while this is something that feels like it would be possible to implement in an afternoon.
Can we just not make assumptions like this? Just because modders can do it doesn't mean it's easy to do properly. For one thing I'm pretty sure the graphics guys are super busy with other things.

Besides, something like a liquid wagon doesn't really need a priority, I think not giving it one was a good call. I'd prefer working multiplayer before a better way to transport oil by rail... Which is already possible. Hardly ideal, but it works. I can wait. It's not like it's confirmed cancelled.

Bartimaeus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Bartimaeus »

ratchetfreak wrote: It keeps getting pushed back without giving any reason for it while this is something that feels like it would be possible to implement in an afternoon.

There may be a good reason why it's more complicated than copying what the fluid tanker mod does but the simple fact that the mod exists make it feel weak.

I get the same feeling with filterable chests. (the only reason I've been given on that is that the insertion behavior would be hard to implement even though most of the implementation of it already exists with the mobile inventories which are filterable)
The fact that mod exits and is pretty good is actually the reason why devs decided not to put liquid tanker a high priority. There are reaaaaally more important things than that that keep them busy at the moment and for those who cant wait there is the mod so whats the problem. I think that there is also a much greater impact on the game then you see at the moment, which is another reason why devs dont want to rush with a quick update that might potentially complettly offset a big part of a game mechanic. So they are not putting it off... they still plan to do it ... they just want to do it properly so they dont rush.... like you drawing mistaken conclusions and unnecessary panic.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Bartimaeus wrote:
ratchetfreak wrote: It keeps getting pushed back without giving any reason for it while this is something that feels like it would be possible to implement in an afternoon.

The fact that mod exits and is pretty good is actually the reason why devs decided not to put liquid tanker a high priority. There are reaaaaally more important things than that that keep them busy at the moment and for those who cant wait there is the mod so whats the problem. I think that there is also a much greater impact on the game then you see at the moment, which is another reason why devs dont want to rush with a quick update that might potentially complettly offset a big part of a game mechanic. So they are not putting it off... they still plan to do it ... they just want to do it properly so they dont rush.... like you drawing mistaken conclusions and unnecessary panic.
The mod isn't good, its graphics don't fit the default train at all.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

The liquid wagon is on the list for 0.15, what is the discussion about?

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

This discussion is about people getting the wrong idea of the new features being moved to 0.15 even though it's explained multiple times that they weren't "pushed" to a later date, but rather multiplayer was "pulled" to an earlier date.

We would be getting liquid transport and all the features currently planned for 0.15 at more or less the same time even if they hadn't released multiplayer early. All they've done is release a feature they'd already completed so it can be tested and finalised while they work on the rest of it.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

is this going to be worked on ? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2583&hilit=logistic+network%3F (Wed Feb 26, 2014)?

ThermicKestrel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ThermicKestrel »

tbh I just want some more end game goals, I mean there can always be goals such as: Launch 1 rocket, 10 rockets, 100 rockets. (I think there should be achievements for that) But what else? There has been mentions of space stations so that would be cool.

Return to “Releases”