Information about releases and roadmap.
wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.12

Post by wahming »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:11 pm
Is this related to why the pollution display is less smooth in the megamap? Used to fade away to near transparency, but now it looks like it used to when hitting spawners, either pretty red or fully transparent.
That's a feature, to make it easier to see the borders

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

I constantly use the debug menu to see what chunks have pollution as it's much easier to view than faded red squares. It also works on the minimap which is something I wish showed pollution again.

Also I'm the 10,000th post, where's my prize?

ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ManaUser »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:11 pm
Is this related to why the pollution display is less smooth in the megamap? Used to fade away to near transparency, but now it looks like it used to when hitting spawners, either pretty red or fully transparent.
Kind of, yeah. They tweaked that while they were adjusting the other stuff. The goal is to make the edge easier to see, which it certainly is. Personally I think it might be just a little bit too intense, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Liono2010
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Liono2010 »

Light wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:56 am
I constantly use the debug menu to see what chunks have pollution as it's much easier to view than faded red squares. It also works on the minimap which is something I wish showed pollution again.
Can you please tell me how to do that. It might help someone else too.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Liono2010 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:10 am
Light wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:56 am
Can you please tell me how to do that. It might help someone else too.
F4 brings up the debug menu. Depending on the tab you can always have 'show polluted chunks' enabled, or the debug tab which you press F5 to toggle on and off. You can also enable the FPS display here, but do so in the always tab.

I personally unchecked everything in the debug tab except showing polluted chunks, then I'll toggle the display with F5 as the blue squares are intrusive if you're checking the map for other things besides pollution. You'll understand when you try it.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

ManaUser wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:21 am

Kind of, yeah. They tweaked that while they were adjusting the other stuff. The goal is to make the edge easier to see, which it certainly is. Personally I think it might be just a little bit too intense, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
wahming wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:12 am

That's a feature, to make it easier to see the borders
Makes sense. It was mildly difficult to see.

Having a literal red outline might work as well. Just outline borders between zero and some.
---

When did radar range start showing up on the minimap, and why doesnt it shos up on the megamap with a radar selected?
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

ColonelSandersLite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ColonelSandersLite »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:09 pm
When did radar range start showing up on the minimap, and why doesnt it shos up on the megamap with a radar selected?
Since 15.0.0.

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

deer_buster wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:54 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:44 pm
Changes
  • The Install Mods GUI will now automatically install required dependencies.

OMG!!! Love this!
Would love this too if it extended to upgrading mods. Which it (as I just found out) doesn't. So, any mod that gains a dependency in an upgrade does NOT get that dependency auto-installed. And finding the right mod to manually install is still a bitch.

deer_buster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deer_buster »

Jürgen Erhard wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:39 pm
deer_buster wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:54 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:44 pm
Changes
  • The Install Mods GUI will now automatically install required dependencies.

OMG!!! Love this!
Would love this too if it extended to upgrading mods. Which it (as I just found out) doesn't. So, any mod that gains a dependency in an upgrade does NOT get that dependency auto-installed. And finding the right mod to manually install is still a bitch.
If you have the mod installed, if you are on the Manage tab, and view the mod, you can see the dependencies on the details pane...with an arrow link to the left of the dependency. If you click on that link, it will take you to the install tab with that mod highlighted. Just tried it with an optional dependency and it worked very well....I still love it!

Return to “Releases”