Version 0.3.1 (Bugfix release)

Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.3.1 (Bugfix release)

Post by kovarex »

Hello,
we just released 0.3.1, it fixes bugs caused by the changes in 0.3.0.
  • Compatibility with older windows systems fix (Vista and older).
  • Fix of the character projectile creation position.
  • Fixed of the not working flame thrower.
  • German tralsnation fix.
  • Fix of the script crash when player dies in beta scenario mission 1
  • Fixed the stucked assembling machines. (It affected saves where assembling machines have items inside, the order of items was changed.)
  • Fixed the building of walls in map editor.
  • Fixed the bug of autoclosing character screen when the player is in vehicle.
  • Fixed the splitter bug.
  • Fixed bug in loading lua packages in modules data.lua
  • Fixed the crash in the beta campaign level 02 (as well chaning the core to show script error (instead of freezing) message when different object is given)
  • Map size settings didn't affect freeplay.
Downloadable at https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental

Tonebone
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Version 0.3.1 (Bugfix release)

Post by Tonebone »

Where do i get this Bugfix.
thx

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Tonebone wrote:Where do i get this Bugfix.
thx
On the factorio website, where else :)

It seems that there is noone seeding the torrents yet.

EDIT: Oh, Hasn't TPB moved into another top level domain? No wonder it took that long to start.
EDIT2: Included openbtn tracker.. Still no seeders for Win32-zip and Win64-exe
Last edited by MF- on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wardiaper
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wardiaper »

Tonebone wrote:Where do i get this Bugfix.
thx
It took me the longest time to find the newest versions. On the main page you have to click "download," then "experimental release" (right next to the big white "Download"). I was playing 0.2.10 for a couple of days before I figured this out. :/

Thanks Kovarex!

Edit - It still says it's not a valid Win32 application on Win XP 32 bit. :(
Last edited by Wardiaper on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mysteria9 »

Very nice!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Wardiaper wrote:Edit - It still says it's not a valid Win32 application on Win XP 32 bit. :(
Hmm, Vista is the only system I can use to test, I will probably need to include XP, does it provide more specific information?

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

MF- wrote: It seems that there is noone seeding the torrents yet.

EDIT: Oh, Hasn't TPB moved into another top level domain? No wonder it took that long to start.
EDIT2: Included openbtn tracker.. Still no seeders for Win32-zip and Win64-exe
The Win32-zip came to life, Win64-exe seems still dead

Wardiaper
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wardiaper »

kovarex wrote:
Wardiaper wrote:Edit - It still says it's not a valid Win32 application on Win XP 32 bit. :(
Hmm, Vista is the only system I can use to test, I will probably need to include XP, does it provide more specific information?
It just opens a little window and says -

"C:\. . . \Factorio_0.3.1.3969\bin\Win32\Factorio.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

That is on Win XP 32 bit with both the installer and trying the zip file. This is on a computer I use for work. I have a Vista laptop and a Win 7 64 bit system that I can play it on so not a big deal to me personally - just to let you know for Win XP 32 bit compatibility. The stable build of 0.2.10 works perfectly on Win XP 32 bit.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Ok, I did some investigation and installed win xp in my virtual box, I was able to reproduce the error and found solution, I'm preparing the 0.3.2 release that will work in xp as well.

Muad'Dib
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Muad'Dib »

Wardiaper wrote:
kovarex wrote:
It just opens a little window and says -

"C:\. . . \Factorio_0.3.1.3969\bin\Win32\Factorio.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

That is on Win XP 32 bit with both the installer and trying the zip file. This is on a computer I use for work. I have a Vista laptop and a Win 7 64 bit system that I can play it on so not a big deal to me personally - just to let you know for Win XP 32 bit compatibility. The stable build of 0.2.10 works perfectly on Win XP 32 bit.
Same here! Win xp sp3

No love for good old reliable xp? :cry:

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Once someone confrms that this works under xp, I will release 0.3.2
https://forums.factorio.com/download/ ... _0.3.2.exe

THENIRL
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by THENIRL »

So, no point in downloading this one if I'm running windows XP?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Francisco wrote:So, no point in downloading this one if I'm running windows XP?
Opposite. I need someone who is running XP to download it, and say if it works for him. (as 0.3.0 and 0.3.1 isn't working for him).

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

I have just tried it and it doesn't work on WindowsXP. The main problem for this is that Factorio is trying to use two external DLL's (ieshims.dll, ver.dll) which are not present on WindowsXP as they are both Windows Vista or newer specific.
So I suggest that you check to see which part of your program is using theese two files (probably a part for some runtime debugging) and if posible find suitable replacment for WindowsXP.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

SilverWarior wrote: So I suggest that you check to see which part of your program is using theese two files (probably a part for some runtime debugging) and if posible find suitable replacment for WindowsXP.
Perhaps the XP users could be directed to some sort of a pack that would install them?

Also they can install Linux and dualboot :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

SilverWarior wrote:I have just tried it and it doesn't work on WindowsXP. The main problem for this is that Factorio is trying to use two external DLL's (ieshims.dll, ver.dll) which are not present on WindowsXP as they are both Windows Vista or newer specific.
So I suggest that you check to see which part of your program is using theese two files (probably a part for some runtime debugging) and if posible find suitable replacment for WindowsXP.
Thank you for the report, this is strange indeed.
I tried it on my virtual xp box, and I'm able to run it (unline 0.3.1), but it fails on cannot create display, but this error occured even for the older 0.2.10 version, so I guess that it might be problem of the virtual box graphics card integration).

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2465 ... ll-missing

This hints that these come with IE7 (but not with IE8)
They don't appear to be doing anything really useful, though.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Nono, I would like to have self sustainable package that you just install and play. The reason of these problem is, that I started to build the windows version of Factorio in Visual studio 2012 instead of 2010, and it has some default compatibility settings to be not compatibile with xp, but this 0.3.2 test is already built with the xp compatibility setting, so I'm not sure what is worng.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

After spending some time with PE Explorer dependancy scaner I see that both "ieshims.dll" and "wer.dll" files are actually required by some other system dll files but still they are not present on WindowsXP and yet Windows still works.
It also seems that theese dependancies are only used as Delay Import's which means that they are not necessarily needed (depends on whether code will load them or not). So it is posible that theese files would never got even loaded in WindowsXP.

So I sugest that you check your project options to see wheter Visual Studio 2012 isn't bulding your EXE's in a way so that it automaticly checks to see if it can find all dependancies prior running. Usually it should only check for static dependancies and not to Delayed Import dependancies.

Return to “Releases”