Version 0.17.2

Information about releases and roadmap.
cybersteel8
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.2

Post by cybersteel8 »

Why were the 0.17 versions removed from this list?
https://updater.factorio.com/get-availa ... iVersion=2

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

cybersteel8 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:12 am
Why were the 0.17 versions removed from this list?
https://updater.factorio.com/get-availa ... iVersion=2
maybe because of what was written at the top of the top post ?
FactorioBot wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:03 pm
Notice
The automatic updater was causing errors, so it has been unlisted from the site.
Please update through Steam or by downloading the whole game again.
Sorry for the inconvenience and delay it will cause in playing the latest version,
We will work to resolve the updater issues as soon as possible.

cybersteel8
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cybersteel8 »

I thought the automatic updater was for the game client, it didn't occur to me that both the headless server and client would use the same services :P Derp!

HYPPS
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HYPPS »

Works so far, thanks for the quick response and fix! I'll post if I find something doesn't work.

Cyclonut
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyclonut »

Big thanks for the new version 0.17. Really exciting graphics and interface features! Looking forward to playing. Watched KoS and Tuplex do their first shows just now, theirs work fine! (https://youtu.be/el9Ih1gg3i4 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X31ca6U03U). I will wait till this weekend to play, hopefully some of these bugs get fixed by then, you have done a lot of fixes the last few hours, great effort, hat off to the Devs! Dakujeme!

Jesperhk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jesperhk »

one thing i found that i felt was different and kinda bugged me abit, was when i opened my blueprint book, and wanted to take 1 blueprint out and into my inventory, before i could just put it directly into my bar, cuz it was part of my inventory, but now since its not, i have to hold the blueprint and quit the book and open inventory and put it there first, then drag it to my inventory bar.

I would like to see that you could add item into the bar, and also put into your inventory. i have alot of blueprints and maybe its just me or maybe i haven't learned it yet, but the useage of blueprint books and find the correct blue print and add it, just feels abit hard? or not so user friendly as i maybe could be.

maybe its just me, and im not saying it doesn't work as it is now, fx. i have some outpost blueprints and loading blueprints for trains, those are with bluebelts, and i started a new game here in 0.17, and i only had redbelt. i can see you have added upgrade planner (nice) but so far i can only see its upgrading not downgrading? so i could transform my blueprint to use redbelt insted of blue.
Also is it possible to zoom on the blueprints? - i have some quiet huge blueprints where it would be nice to zoom, cuz its so damn small and i cannot see where i click to remove something i don't need.

right now i have to find the room on ground for the blueprint, put it down, remove the things i dont want and then make a blueprint.

i'm prob just lazy af, i could just spent the hours on putting my blueprints in order and make 3 copies of every blueprint, to use in early, mid and late game. :?

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

Jesperhk wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:53 am
one thing i found that i felt was different and kinda bugged me abit, was when i opened my blueprint book, and wanted to take 1 blueprint out and into my inventory, before i could just put it directly into my bar, cuz it was part of my inventory, but now since its not, i have to hold the blueprint and quit the book and open inventory and put it there first, then drag it to my inventory bar.

I would like to see that you could add item into the bar, and also put into your inventory. i have alot of blueprints and maybe its just me or maybe i haven't learned it yet, but the useage of blueprint books and find the correct blue print and add it, just feels abit hard? or not so user friendly as i maybe could be.

maybe its just me, and im not saying it doesn't work as it is now, fx. i have some outpost blueprints and loading blueprints for trains, those are with bluebelts, and i started a new game here in 0.17, and i only had redbelt. i can see you have added upgrade planner (nice) but so far i can only see its upgrading not downgrading? so i could transform my blueprint to use redbelt insted of blue.
Also is it possible to zoom on the blueprints? - i have some quiet huge blueprints where it would be nice to zoom, cuz its so damn small and i cannot see where i click to remove something i don't need.

right now i have to find the room on ground for the blueprint, put it down, remove the things i dont want and then make a blueprint.

i'm prob just lazy af, i could just spent the hours on putting my blueprints in order and make 3 copies of every blueprint, to use in early, mid and late game. :?
Complete agree with you. The blueprint and the new task bar don't work well together. It's really not comfortable to use... Hope a fix too

Also a little graphic trouble I found it's the grey square around a blueprint it's too big. It makes lots of unused space on my screen

Thx devs
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

bw_mutley
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bw_mutley »

Jesperhk wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:53 am

Integration with blueprint library
This is still work in progress, since big changes are also coming to the blueprint library. The plan is that you will be able to create shortcuts for blueprints from the blueprint library. This means you can place your most commonly used blueprints and books in one of the shortcut pages and use them directly from the blueprint library without clogging your main inventory.
It was announced in https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-278.

badmad
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by badmad »

Hello,
I very rarely post anything on the internet, so please be gentle when I'll say something obvious or already answered :)
I've followed Factorio since 0.9 and finally with 0.17 and 1.0 approaching I think I'll make the time to finally dive deep into it.
First of all I'd like to congratulate all of you, because even at early experimental state 0.17 looks great and very much polished. I've played an hour or two of it and some things came to my mind:

1) Reasearch queue should be always on or as a toggle in technology screen instead of map generation, you could also add info for new players as a hover if you think it's necessary. Also drag and drop for changing order and total science needed for the queue would be nice :)
2) Ghost placing also should be moved from interface options to quickbar right beside alt-mode toggle, and to make it fit you can move exosuit toggle to the place where pickaxe was (above armor is a nice spot!)
3) Quickbar "shortcuts" (for blueprints, cut, copy etc.) should be available from the start or make it a toggle. I think if you'll make good NPE/tutorial it won't confuse people and doesn't need to be put behind research. You can for example gray out roboport option if the player hasn't research it, but make it possible to add from the start.
4) Lastly, I rarely have time to play Factorio (last time was when you removed alien science packs), so I haven't used mods like Bob's or Angel's but in my humble opinion mods like Bottleneck, Always Day, Squeak Through, Far Reach and Infinite Ores are so minor and yet contribute to overall better experience and customization of the game, so they should be incorporated in base game even as an option.

That's all from me, and have a nice day!
Last edited by badmad on Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KostarSF
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KostarSF »

When you hover over the Back button in the other settings menu, the Autosave Interval slider is highlighted, so after you click the button, a confirmation dialog is displayed
https://i.imgur.com/wWVC2Ym.png
https://i.imgur.com/Enr4UQh.png

Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aardwolf »

I find it very hard to move items around in the task bars. Am I missing something?

I found that middle clicking removes an item from it, but even so e.g. swapping the position of two things is very awkward. It would be nice if you could just drag things around in there.

Also I'd love to have more than 2 taskbars visible at the same time, or have them be longer such as 20 items per row, the screen is big enough :)

Finally, I had a shotgun and shells ammo, in the second weapon slot and nothing in the first weapon slot. Biters attacked. I pressed space, nothing happened. Why?? Is your gun required to be in the first slot to work but then what are the other two for? Trying to figure that out while biters are destroying my base wasn't optimal ;p
Last edited by Aardwolf on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Aardwolf wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:55 am
Also I'd love to have more than 2 taskbars visible at the same time
Check the GUI settings menu :)
Is your gun required to be in the first slot to work but then what are the other two for?
Tab switches weapons. The current weapon is highlighted

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Aardwolf wrote:
I find it very hard to move items around in the task bars. Am I missing something?
You are missing that the task bars don't hold items. They hold bookmarks, or links, to items. You don't "move" the item in your task bar, you instead create a link in a new spot (by dropping the item there) and then deleting the link in the spot you don't want the link (by middle-clicking it).

It is a tad awkward, but once you change the way you think about it, it at least makes sense.

Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aardwolf »

Yes, so I'd find it useful if the "links" were easier to move around and rearrange :)

the_ave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by the_ave »

I found it very easy and comfortable. You can even setup your toolbars from the very start of the game as you seem fit, and they don't ever change afterwards. It's not like "OMG I can't find <something> and I am POSITIVE I crafted it... Ok, let's craft it again... WHERE IS IT?!?!?" :mrgreen:

Also having the counter display the TOTAL number of items instead of just a stack is wonderful... :)

Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aardwolf »

I see! I'm currently using the toolbar more in a way that grows together with my base, so do need to rearrange things in it quite often :)

Got a military and a factory building one so far and soon will have to start adding an oil/pipes related one

ohmyfactorio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ohmyfactorio »

I think it should be made easier for one to insert stuff into assemblers, miners, etc, from the "links" when the assembler properties are opened. Like in previous version, you can control-click or control-right-click for half, and whammo, it goes into the assembler ingredients. Now, you gotta find the exact stuff in a dizzying array of things in the main inventory before you ctrl-click.

Preserteo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Preserteo »

I am enjoying it!!!!

MashTrapper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MashTrapper »

5thHorseman wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:09 pm
Aardwolf wrote:
You are missing that the task bars don't hold items. They hold bookmarks, or links, to items. You don't "move" the item in your task bar, you instead create a link in a new spot (by dropping the item there) and then deleting the link in the spot you don't want the link (by middle-clicking it).

It is a tad awkward, but once you change the way you think about it, it at least makes sense.
I've gotten comfortable with moving a blueprint to my inventory, using it and deleting it soon as I'm finished with it. Dragging a blueprint to the quick bar, using it and then deleting it will delete it from the blueprint library, not just from my inventory.

mikiqex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mikiqex »

5thHorseman wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:09 pm
I have no problem to wrap my head around shortcuts, for me it's a better concept than a separate inventory as it was before, but I'm having hard times using it. I'm accidentaly creating multiple shortcuts to the same item or have to click 3 times into the slot to remove the item from "hand" (cursor).

Apart from that I'm really enjoying all those changes, esp. in research tree, but I'd really use some productivity modules ASAP to have some work done here in the office... not counting from all the work on my new factory, of course :D :D

Return to “Releases”