Version 0.11.1

Information about releases and roadmap.
cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Version 0.11.1

Post by cube »

Salmelu wrote:Multiplayer not working for us over the LAN. Tried to host on windows/linux 64bit, firewall checked, and the game doesn't open port 34197 as stated in the update. Checked with nmap for both computers, the ports remain closed after setting up the game. Any idea how to fix that?
Are you sure you are trying UDP ports and not TCP? What is in the log file?

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Oh dear, I should have anticipated thist flood and lower my RSS reader's poll interval.
I didn't get the first two pages of the version 0.11.x threads nor the FFF thread.
I guess the RSS thing is limited to 50 posts or something.
Even though I was polling separate feed for News and Updates every 6 hours didn't help :D

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cordylus »

slpwnd wrote:
Sorry for the inconvenience.

1. What is your system specs? (operating system, amount of RAM, graphic card spec + VRAM info)
2. Do you use any mods? Have you tried just vanilla?
3. Try to play in the config with combination of low-graphics set to true and bitmap-caching set to very-low.
1. Windows 7, 2 GB RAM, Intel GMA 3150, 256 MB VRAM
2. Only vanilla
3. In config.ini there's low graphics set on true, but where can I look for the "bitmap-cashing"?

EDIT: Sorry, not 64 VRAM. I have 256 MB.
Last edited by Cordylus on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salmelu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Salmelu »

cube wrote:
Salmelu wrote:Multiplayer not working for us over the LAN. Tried to host on windows/linux 64bit, firewall checked, and the game doesn't open port 34197 as stated in the update. Checked with nmap for both computers, the ports remain closed after setting up the game. Any idea how to fix that?
Are you sure you are trying UDP ports and not TCP? What is in the log file?
I tried to redownload the game to have a clean install, created a manual rule for iptables and then we have connected.
The log file says

Code: Select all

80582.341146 Notice AllInOne.cpp:75: Hosting game at port 34197, peerID 0, session magic 51758
and still, nmap says the ports are closed

Code: Select all

$ sudo nmap 192.168.1.7 -sU -p 34197
Host is up (0.000086s latency).
PORT      STATE  SERVICE
34197/udp closed unknown
$ nmap 192.168.1.7 -p 34197
Host is up (0.000063s latency).
PORT      STATE  SERVICE
34197/tcp closed unknown
Although it seems weird that the port doesn't seem open, it still connected and we played for like 15 minutes (we didn't have time for more yet). Still surprised how nice it works, thanks :)

FrozenOne
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FrozenOne »

Cordylus wrote:64 MB VRAM
I had to laugh when i saw that number, as i play on notebook with 3GB VRAM on a dedicated card. Had to work hard whole holidays to get it, though :D.

(maybe you should somehow adjust it so that it reserves at least 512 VRAM off your RAM?)

Align
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Align »

hedgehog wrote:Please help - I can't get the update!
I turned on automatic updates, then off, then on again. Nothing happened! Factorio came up with the log in box, I logged in
Factorio responds: "no update found"
I tried re downloading it, but it is not there to be downloaded!
How can I get 11.1?

Could this be anything to do with not filling in the "updater proxy server"?

Have you enabled "Experimental updates" in the options? It keeps turning itself off for me, so I had to check it manually.

Couchmonster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Couchmonster »

kovarex wrote:So the hotfix update is here.

Warnings:
Windows XP is end of life.
You should not make any efforts on supporting that OS anymore.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Windows XP is still used quite often. If the amount of works is not too high, they should still consider that in my opinion. Some people just can't change their system. :)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Uristqwerty
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Uristqwerty »

Couchmonster wrote: Windows XP is end of life.
Does the lack of XP support from Microsoft change anything that would matter to game developers? I doubt Microsoft has added any actual functionality in the past few years, so the current lack of security updates should really only affect the users themselves (probably not a good idea to put an XP system anywhere near an untrusted network these days).

I think it should be entirely up to the developers to decide whether the (probably quite small) set of potential customers for whom XP support is the deciding factor in whether to purchase the game outweighs the development cost of supporting XP and the loss of any API extensions provided by later Windows versions that would be convenient to have (I think there's at least DirectX 10+, but then XP can still use the latest OpenGL version supported by the user's graphics driver, so that wouldn't actually make anything impossible on XP, just limit the ways to access recent features).

Maximus-CZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maximus-CZ »

This happens very often when I type, cant do anything to resolve

ESC works, shows menu, can exit and start again, but typing doesnt work, ENter, open/closing console, nothing

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Boogieman14 wrote:
If you're running a local firewall, you will need to open up this specific port in the firewall. Factorio likely won't do that for you. Only after you've opened up the port in the firewall, will it show up using nmap.
cartmen180 wrote:ports do not apply on lan, only when playing over the internet. What exactly is the error you get?
Ports definitely apply on lan as well, it's just usually a bit simpler because no NAT (network address translation) is involved, so no portforwarding required.
The one reason i use evolve vpn is so i never have to fiddle with ports. I litterally played hundreds of games over lan and have never ever have to open a port.
Check out my mods

Sparkerish
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sparkerish »

Maximus-CZ wrote:*edit*
This happens very often when I type, cant do anything to resolve

ESC works, shows menu, can exit and start again, but typing doesnt work, ENter, open/closing console, nothing
@ Maximus-CZ :idea: Looks like game has been paused, try SHIFT + SPACE (default)
Hope that helps.

:arrow: couldn't create atlas bitmap (size 512X413)
slpwnd wrote: Sorry for the inconvenience.

1. What is your system specs? (operating system, amount of RAM, graphic card spec + VRAM info)
2. Do you use any mods? Have you tried just vanilla?
3. Try to play in the config with combination of low-graphics set to true and bitmap-caching set to very-low.

Maybe the best would be to move this to a bug report thread.
Bug report created by Clavierarab
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =29&t=6339
Will post details there.
Have FUN!
WARNING Factorio

Maximus-CZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maximus-CZ »

it is shift space.. wtf never knew of this:D ty

hangphyr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hangphyr »

Nevermind, I see the upgrade code issue.
Last edited by hangphyr on Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DadandSon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DadandSon »

We are having a blast with it!

Great work guys!

Nikolater
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nikolater »

Although it is nice that you guys are helping each other solve some problems, I feel these should go in the bug report section as to not clutter the discussion on the update.

loris4
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by loris4 »

I'm crashing in multiplayer when I go in the car/train/tank! I'm the only one with this problem?

Apotheosis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Apotheosis »

Uristqwerty wrote:
Couchmonster wrote: Windows XP is end of life.
Does the lack of XP support from Microsoft change anything that would matter to game developers? I doubt Microsoft has added any actual functionality in the past few years, so the current lack of security updates should really only affect the users themselves (probably not a good idea to put an XP system anywhere near an untrusted network these days).
Microsoft hasn't added any real functionality to XP in ages. As a matter of fact Service Pack 3 actually managed to remove the functionality of something (I forget exactly what).

But I, for one, would definitely not be buying Factorio if it didn't have XP support.

Maximus-CZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maximus-CZ »

as far as I know, XP is obsolete system that even Microsoft doesnt update anymore.

Its like you would buy web app and be sad/angry that it doesnt work in IE 3.0 ..

Hold up with time or get rolled by it.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

A considerable amount of people still use Windows XP, but not Internet Explorer 3.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Return to “Releases”