Information about releases and roadmap.
pyhfol
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.1

Post by pyhfol »

Salmelu wrote:
cube wrote:
Salmelu wrote:Multiplayer not working for us over the LAN. Tried to host on windows/linux 64bit, firewall checked, and the game doesn't open port 34197 as stated in the update. Checked with nmap for both computers, the ports remain closed after setting up the game. Any idea how to fix that?
Are you sure you are trying UDP ports and not TCP? What is in the log file?
I tried to redownload the game to have a clean install, created a manual rule for iptables and then we have connected.
The log file says

Code: Select all

80582.341146 Notice AllInOne.cpp:75: Hosting game at port 34197, peerID 0, session magic 51758
and still, nmap says the ports are closed

Code: Select all

$ sudo nmap 192.168.1.7 -sU -p 34197
Host is up (0.000086s latency).
PORT      STATE  SERVICE
34197/udp closed unknown
$ nmap 192.168.1.7 -p 34197
Host is up (0.000063s latency).
PORT      STATE  SERVICE
34197/tcp closed unknown
Although it seems weird that the port doesn't seem open, it still connected and we played for like 15 minutes (we didn't have time for more yet). Still surprised how nice it works, thanks :)
I am having this exact problem, however we are unable to play over the net.

I have created a thread in the Bugs forum: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =52&t=6460

shadoh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shadoh »

I <3 this update <3<3<3<3 .. I only have time to post this since I'm at work, when I'm at home it's constant Factorio :p

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Kane wrote:Sources: http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

so what 4.29%. Anyone who complains about no XP Support and is using XP should just get off here now. I'm sorry the simple fact is there is no more security updates. If you argue then you are not better then my 70 year old mother... Wait she has Windows 8 with Classic Start Menu.. Okay you are no better then the Grade 1 Students.... Oh Wait their actually working on the school website on Windows 7 machines....

Well I give up.. Either way unsupported outdated software is NOT supported nor should it be. I can't bitch about 10 year old Mac or 10 your old Linux Distro and Core not being supported. Why should you.
You miss the whole point. People still use this software, despite being outdated and insecure. The developer already said that it doesn't take any work to make it compatible, just one check mark. It's not the task of the devs to make people switch to a newer version.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Nova wrote:
Kane wrote:Sources: http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

so what 4.29%. Anyone who complains about no XP Support and is using XP should just get off here now. I'm sorry the simple fact is there is no more security updates. If you argue then you are not better then my 70 year old mother... Wait she has Windows 8 with Classic Start Menu.. Okay you are no better then the Grade 1 Students.... Oh Wait their actually working on the school website on Windows 7 machines....

Well I give up.. Either way unsupported outdated software is NOT supported nor should it be. I can't bitch about 10 year old Mac or 10 your old Linux Distro and Core not being supported. Why should you.
You miss the whole point. People still use this software, despite being outdated and insecure. The developer already said that it doesn't take any work to make it compatible, just one check mark. It's not the task of the devs to make people switch to a newer version.
Exactly.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Nova wrote:You miss the whole point. People still use this software, despite being outdated and insecure. The developer already said that it doesn't take any work to make it compatible, just one check mark. It's not the task of the devs to make people switch to a newer version.
People will stop using it when developers stop supporting it. It's an endless loop right there.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

It may be an endless loop, but the people have to break out of it, not the devs. Developers shouldn't force people to use this or that if they can easily let them choose. It may be well-meant, but there are problems wich aren't easy to recognize. How about the 14 year old teenager who loves factorio, but is not allowed to change the operating system of the home pc, because his parents don't want him to interfere with the computer?
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

With the same argument someone can say, every car, older than 20 years, shouldn't drive on streets and needs to be scrapped.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

xnmo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xnmo »

Zeblote wrote:
Nova wrote:You miss the whole point. People still use this software, despite being outdated and insecure. The developer already said that it doesn't take any work to make it compatible, just one check mark. It's not the task of the devs to make people switch to a newer version.
People will stop using it when developers stop supporting it. It's an endless loop right there.
People will stop using it when they buy a new computer that comes with a more recent version of Windows, simple as that.

Fact of the matter is that the only people who change their operating system outside of buying a completely new computer are PC nerds. Normals keep their computer until it takes 10 minutes to load Google, at which point they take it to the Geek Squad, who takes a cursory look at it and says to them "Your comp is a decade old and has 10 000 viruses, get a new one."

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

ssilk wrote:With the same argument someone can say, every car, older than 20 years, shouldn't drive on streets and needs to be scrapped.
Actually it shouldn't, as it creates significantly more pollution that modern cars. But you can't really compare software with cars :v

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

ssilk wrote:With the same argument someone can say, every car, older than 20 years, shouldn't drive on streets and needs to be scrapped.
Did you just go full retard. It's more like saying that the new hover module for the car would not work because the car is outdated. Not that we should scrap the car. You are more then welcome to use XP. You are just not welcome to play Factorio aka the hover upgrade ;)

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Kane wrote:You are more then welcome to use XP. You are just not welcome to play Factorio aka the hover upgrade ;)
And what if it would only require the flip of a small lever in the hover module to make it compatible with the car?
Greetings, Nova.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Nova wrote:
Kane wrote:You are more then welcome to use XP. You are just not welcome to play Factorio aka the hover upgrade ;)
And what if it would only require the flip of a small lever in the hover module to make it compatible with the car?
I mean they could check it and compile for XP. But maybe there is more of a reason they are not for example a newer library that dropped Windows XP Support. I mean if they can and want to sure. But I see not point for how simple it is. No need to feed the habits of bad human beings who don't want to keep their computer secure.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

The people fighting for XP support are probably using it themselves :D

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Like I already said, what about the people who just can't change the their OS?
Greetings, Nova.

Sparkerish
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sparkerish »

I happen to like XP, I also have 98 & DOS.
All very secure.
We could get into a lengthy discussion about OS platforms and technology in general but why?
Oh, do you have the newest iPhone? Fine, that's your choice - I'll pass, they will have a new one next year.
(or do you think all phones should deactivate after 12 months 'forcing' people to "upgrade?")
Kane wrote: I mean they could check it and compile for XP. But maybe there is more of a reason they are not for example a newer library that dropped Windows XP Support. I mean if they can and want to sure. But I see not point for how simple it is. No need to feed the habits of bad human beings who don't want to keep their computer secure.
Free agency, If people don't want to secure their computers that is their choice (or lack of education). That does not make them "bad human beings."
That designation should be reserved for the -censored- morons who feel it necessary to exploit others.

On the car matter I would love to have a truck with vacuum lines and minimal electronics.
Much easier to fix and was built to last longer than my BIC.

FACTORIO is AWESOME :!:
Have FUN!
WARNING Factorio

RawCode
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RawCode »

There are ZERO reasons to keep using Windows XP today.
Anyone who "can't change" are lying.

As for cars:
Many other states have limits for manual transmission and cars without SRS\ABS because such cars require additional training to ensure road safety.
20 years car unlikely to have srs and automatic transmission....

When majority of games gone dx10, windows xp lost it's position, this was done by developers, not users.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

RawCode wrote:There are ZERO reasons to keep using Windows XP today.
My gf has a notebook which runs only with XP. There are no other drivers for the inbuilt GFX, it doesn't run even with linux.
Anyone who "can't change" are lying.
Anyone who says someone is a liar should think about his point of view: The horizon is much far away, if you are standing on a hill. :roll:
20 years car unlikely to have srs and automatic transmission....
So you want to scrap all oldtimers. ;)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Just deal with it, windows XP is not gaming os anymore. In computer years it's expired pharaoh mummy.

PalllaX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PalllaX »

I really hope the devs don't waste their important time to support XP. It's like supporting Internet explorer < 9.

I understand that companies or businesses can't upgrade easy to win 7+ because of administration. But a private person who is using xp is for me just lost.

Don't know if it's from me or a famous person but
"if you supporting the past you don't have enough ressources for the future."

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I hope we can disable replay saving for fast multiplayer map loading :)

Return to “Releases”