Give more rights to individuals about the collection, status, and access to their personal data as these are collected by companies and government agencies
Are you collecting personal data of EU members?
Then these rules apply. (GDPR art 5)
lightly shortened for clarity
Bob's Mum ONLY would have to ask her employees , if the law in his country does not require that the school collects this data for the purpose of paying the employees, or for school insurance, for instance.Personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject (‘lawfulness, fairness and transparency’);
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; (‘purpose limitation’);
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (‘data minimization’);
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (‘accuracy’);
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; (‘storage limitation’);
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures (‘integrity and confidentiality’).
As data collector, you have to write down what data you collect, and why. this is a one time thing, and you do not have to ask permission for data you are required to collect by law in your country. You DO have to inform your clients, pupils, website visitors, etc WHICH data you collect, and for what purpose.
My apologies to all experts beforehand, but i had to correct some wrong statements by bobingabout