Version 0.16.36

Information about releases and roadmap.
Post Reply
User avatar
FactorioBot
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 1:48 pm

Version 0.16.36

Post by FactorioBot » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:52 pm

Bugfixes Scripting
  • Fixed a crash by changing LuaGameScript::merge_forces() so the force is merged at the end of the tick.
  • Added on_forces_merged event.
  • Added LuaEntity::armed read.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::timeout read.
  • Added on_land_mine_armed event.
  • Added LuaPlayer::spectator read/write.
  • Added LuaGameScript::enemy_has_vision_on_land_mines read/write.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

User avatar
darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1338
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:11 pm

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by darkfrei » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:39 pm

FactorioBot wrote:Added LuaGameScript::enemy_has_vision_on_land_mines read/write.
Is it per player/unit or per force?

seePyou
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:17 pm

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by seePyou » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Still not declaring this stable :) Steam has this again under experimental. Wonder what else is left for .37 :)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 2644
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:35 pm

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by posila » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:18 pm

darkfrei wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:Added LuaGameScript::enemy_has_vision_on_land_mines read/write.
Is it per player/unit or per force?
It's per map. So all or nothing.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1616
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:02 am

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by Jap2.0 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:54 pm

seePyou wrote:Still not declaring this stable :) Steam has this again under experimental. Wonder what else is left for .37 :)
They will in a few days if there aren't any major bugs reported. Did they never declare .35 stable?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

User avatar
thecatlover1996
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:50 pm

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by thecatlover1996 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:28 pm

Jap2.0 wrote:
seePyou wrote:Still not declaring this stable :) Steam has this again under experimental. Wonder what else is left for .37 :)
They will in a few days if there aren't any major bugs reported. Did they never declare .35 stable?
I believe they did not, I regularly checked the website the past few days. Also, then 0.16.35 would be listed as "stable" on the home page, right?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1616
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:02 am

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by Jap2.0 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:44 pm

thecatlover1996 wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
seePyou wrote:Still not declaring this stable :) Steam has this again under experimental. Wonder what else is left for .37 :)
They will in a few days if there aren't any major bugs reported. Did they never declare .35 stable?
I believe they did not, I regularly checked the website the past few days. Also, then 0.16.35 would be listed as "stable" on the home page, right?
Ah, probably. I'm guesing they put it off because of the two crashes they fixed in this version. (That sounds about right for these devs - two extremely uncommon crashes? Can't declare that stable! :P)
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

User avatar
Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:31 pm

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by Gergely » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:24 pm

posila wrote:
darkfrei wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:Added LuaGameScript::enemy_has_vision_on_land_mines read/write.
Is it per player/unit or per force?
It's per map. So all or nothing.
Oh come on. At least please make this per surface.

User avatar
darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1338
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:11 pm

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by darkfrei » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:31 pm

Gergely wrote:
posila wrote:It's per map. So all or nothing.
Oh come on. At least please make this per surface.
I think it can be nice to realize it based on speed of player and distance from mine. So I can see mines if I stay near of them.

TheRaph
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:31 pm

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by TheRaph » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:41 pm

darkfrei wrote:
Gergely wrote:
posila wrote:It's per map. So all or nothing.
Oh come on. At least please make this per surface.
I think it can be nice to realize it based on speed of player and distance from mine. So I can see mines if I stay near of them.
If you stay near enough you will realize them (regardless of being in movement or not). :D

User avatar
jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:04 am

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by jockeril » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:51 am

It blew my mind

  • • Fixed that totals in production statistics were 0.33% off. (59063)

I've got to know - how does this happen ?

I've read the original post and laughed a little when I realized he did the whole calculation and figured exactly what the divination was and where - we have some real math fanatics and O.C.Ds in this community. It's :geek:-ing me out :lol:
[request] RTL support please
[suggestion] Blueprint file cabinet for sharing BP's
Hebrew Translator for FARL & EvoGUI and much more

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jockeril (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !
Image

User avatar
Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by Jon8RFC » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:25 am

seePyou wrote:Still not declaring this stable :) Steam has this again under experimental. Wonder what else is left for .37 :)
I'm curious to see what happens with the new auto-reports for crashes.

Once it's stable, there will likely be a large chunk of gamers (about 43% of the total public servers are on 0.15.x; about 35% of the total are on 0.15.40) getting updated, and will start auto-reporting new crashes...so 0.16.38 may come a few days after that with more crash fixes. That would be yet another feather in their cap for the auto-reports functionality, if so.
Image

146karol
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by 146karol » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:15 pm

I bought Factorio using Gog platform.
But I can download version 0.16.36. The newest version declared as stable is 0.15.40.

molerat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by molerat » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:59 pm

146karol wrote:I bought Factorio using Gog platform.
But I can download version 0.16.36. The newest version declared as stable is 0.15.40.
The stable updates of .15.xx seemed to come to GOG quite quickly, so I'm confused as to why stable .16 is taking so long as well.

However, if you're feeling impatient, you can go to the game page in your account on the GOG website and click on the "More" button and then choose "Serial Keys".

The provided key can be used to register the game on the factorio.com website (pretty sure its a separate account from the forum account). Once activated you can DL direct from the website, or log in in game and use the update function there.

This is also how you'd download unstable releases if you're interested in that.

Note, if the key is available in Galaxy, I couldn't find it. If you're a Galaxy user I'd say just go to the website in your normal browser to retrieve this key.

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 5831
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by bobingabout » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:02 am

I was talking to someone recently, and they're sticking on 0.15.x for now, because one of the mods they like to use hasn't been updated yet.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by Mr. Tact » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:06 pm

FactorioBot wrote:Bugfixes
That sounds really familiar... wasn't there a previous fix of this nature? Not that it matters, just curious.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Pothrekr
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:20 am

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by Pothrekr » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:43 am

bobingabout wrote:I was talking to someone recently, and they're sticking on 0.15.x for now, because one of the mods they like to use hasn't been updated yet.
There is something oddly sinister about Bob in particular saying this.

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 5831
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Re: Version 0.16.36

Post by bobingabout » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:47 am

Pothrekr wrote:
bobingabout wrote:I was talking to someone recently, and they're sticking on 0.15.x for now, because one of the mods they like to use hasn't been updated yet.
There is something oddly sinister about Bob in particular saying this.
I personally switched to 0.16.x when 0.16.1 was released, and haven't looked back. keep in mind that 0.16.1 came out hours after 0.16.0, so by the time I got to my computer, 0.16.1 was already out.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.

Post Reply

Return to “Releases”